Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Marquise diamonds. Nostalgia

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
So many, many years ago - in the 1990ies - I lived in Southern Utah for a while. Being European, lots of things fascinated me. Also that people got married so early - Utahn thing though. Lots of girls, only a bit older than me, got engaged (sometimes after only a few weeks) and were proudly showing their erings... marquise erings, almost without exception. I could only stare at such big rocks then (what they seemed then) and deep within fantasise to one day have a diamond of my own (However, in my dreams it was never a marquise). Nevertheless for all the years that came I stayed fascinated, maybe strangely intrigued by this particular shape. Today I think it can be very beautiful. So please show me your marquise diamonds and let me feel nostalgic.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
How wonderful that the stone went to your daughter! And the band is exquisit!

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
I will never get sick of this epic set. I could see a million pics and still feel excited for you haha.

Thank you! I love marquise diamonds. I love them set east west and diagonally. I never even thought of marquise until I upgraded. I was originally going to go with a marquise, but Alex at Parks Fine Group found this moval and I just love the facets on this diamond (between marquise and oval). Fell in love right away.

Diamond Girl 21

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
20210301_102708.jpg

I'm sad I only have a copy of a picture of my original engagement ring. It really was a lovely marquise. Sadly, the stone was switched during a repair, so we replaced it with an upgrade. Edit to add that I got engaged in 1986, but you could probably tell that from the '80s style setting.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.