shape
carat
color
clarity

Mara, where is the "Spring Must Haves" thread??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 11:40:45 AM
Author: diamondfan
I NEVER have a time where something does not scream buy me! I am working on letting things sit and seeing if I really want them. I know medicine is conservative, I come from a family of doctors and overall it is pretty sedate. It is great for Nate to have you to mix it up a bit for him!!!

Penn, I worded my post so that it looked like I was implying you buy impulsively, I did not mean that. I was referring to myself, as I tend to be more compulsive and have a closet full of what was I thinking? stuff. I am a pack rat too, and have a tough time tossing things! I love make up and shoes and bags and clothes and tend to get a bit carried away. I have some incredible clothes though, and have been trying to stay away from ultra trendy stuff. I can wear most things, even at 42 since I look younger, but I want to focus on elegant pieces that work with other stuff that I have, for the most part. Again, I have nothing against some of the trendier things, as long as they look okay. But I do find that I do better with classic things. I like color, but I like to have the basics be in more neutral tones, though I love greens, blues, burgundy and pink.

LOL, you''re fine because I didn''t interpret it that way.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good! I think you have excellent taste and do not think you are not careful in your selections. I am sure you always look awesome!

I am glad you liked the bag, Sharon! I love the teal and the camel and the deep red are gorgeous, I might wait til fall for them, though camel I could use in the summer for sure.

Tory Burch has some pretty things for spring out now, her stuff can sometimes fit oddly but I like her stuff for the most part. She has come a long way for sure.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Monarch, that denim jacket at the Gap is supposedly limited edition so I''d make my way to the nearest Gap and get one.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2008 11:54:55 PM
Author: pennquaker09
Monarch, that denim jacket at the Gap is supposedly limited edition so I'd make my way to the nearest Gap and get one.
Gah, I hate when they do that, but I will do my best to run over there. DH and I are going downtown tomorrow...I honestly will look around for a Gap by Wrigleyville! Thank you so much for the heads up, though, you are a sweetheart.

P.S. DF (aka Caroline) LOVE Tory Burch...I don't wear flats but hers are TDF, but the rest of her collections I always love and would love to wear. You must be the coup d'etat as far as style on the mainline, hee hee.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forget it...I just went online and everything in tall sizes in my size (8 or 10) is sold out...thanks anyway, very much, for thinking of me, Pennquaker! Ah well...I''m used to disappointment when it comes to tall sizes online. Maybe tomorrow I can convince hubby to run into some boutiques to try on some cute jackets, we''ll see. Usually if I we get enough Old Style into his system he can be convinced to do most anything, hee hee.
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, Monnie, I am a definite shopper and I love to look nice...we have some great stores and boutiques here so it is easy.

Maybe you will luck out and find the jacket in the Gap, they can computer search all the Gaps for you.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
DiamondFan, I have never tried any Tory Burch, but I noticed the dress online, and it looked neat. What do you mean by "fit oddly" - is there a body shape that is better for her stuff? Would you buy her stuff or not?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Some nice items you posted, LC. Where did you find them? Did you get to Holts afterall?

P.S. My big shopping forray today with be the ever fashionalble Mountain Equipment Co-Op. I love it there!

cheers--Sharon

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I was just flipping through the Neiman Marcus site to get some inspiration.

Haven''t been to Holts yet - likely tomorrow or Friday. Have fun at MEC!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
LC, since she is a newer designer, sometimes her cut is inconsistent. So, maybe a dress has a bodice that is too tight, but then the rest of the dress is too big. It is a manufacturing issue, but she is working on it. Also her shoes can run oddly too. In one you might need 8 and another a 9. So, in some things, you might normally take a 4 but yet one of her tunics that season might be cut narrowly and you need a 6. I have a SA in the Beverly Hills boutique and he knows the fit of each thing. He will tell me when I need to size up or down in an item. He sends me the pieces he thinks I will like and I send back what I do not like. For Spring, I got the Darla dress in the navy green and white print and it is cute. I also got the bermuda shorts, a bunch of the tunics and some of the cashmere sweaters. I got a couple of cute jackets and blouses, one sleeveless and one with a gorgeous gathered sleeve. Generally I love her clothes, and I think the price point is nice. Each season I find lots of her stuff that I like, though I do not wear much orange or yellow so if she does a lot in those colors I avoid those items. She does a lot in brown and in neutrals, or a lot with navy and green.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2008 9:27:15 AM
Author: LitigatorChick
I was just flipping through the Neiman Marcus site to get some inspiration.

Haven''t been to Holts yet - likely tomorrow or Friday. Have fun at MEC!
HI:

You were asking about swim suts earlier on; I found a great one at MEC, reversable.. I also see the Lululemon has some, same type...

cheers--Sharon

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Canuk. I picked up a couple Roxy ones - very cute. I tried the Lululemon ones, and found that they fit really weird.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 1:26:10 AM
Author: monarch64
Fancy, I agree with other posters, there is nothing wrong with Loft...that pique jacket you posted is adorable. For city shorts, you might try Banana Republic...also I have found great lightweight, dark wash denim shorts at a local department store (Von Maur) by Lucky brand for a super reasonable price. I love those shorts, the are very versatile.

Thanks, I will certainly look out for them there. I just feel that you can put lots of different things with the--plus I like that length. Capris don''t do so well for me.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 9:20:39 PM
Author: bebe
Fancy605,I just bought the jacket you posted! I walked in to look around a few days ago and had to have it. I am a jacket nut and buy too many considering I live in the swamps of Houston. But this little jacket fits well. I have a closet full of the shorter

swing styles that I am tiring of. The SA said they were flying out of the store.

Yay for the jacket. I live in one of the warmer areas of GA, but I think it''s light enough to be comfy throughout spring and summer.

Thanks for the other responses too about "run of the mill clothes" everyone. Sometimes PS skews my views on clothes almost as much as my views on what''s considered a "big" diamond
2.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Monarch, I forgot you lived in Chicago! The Michigan Avenue store is pretty much the best Gap there is.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Me thinks I need some retail therapy today - this litigating is tiring business and spring is calling: it will be 12 Celcius this weekend!!! Off to Holts - will I see you there Canuk?
31.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2008 8:47:07 AM
Author: LitigatorChick
Me thinks I need some retail therapy today - this litigating is tiring business and spring is calling: it will be 12 Celcius this weekend!!! Off to Holts - will I see you there Canuk?
31.gif
HI:

Only if you''ll lend me $$$$ for some shoes....
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been seeing lots of wedges; they are so cute! I notice blouses have a bit ruffles and are girlie looking. I will try and find some links. Any fun purses or handbags for spring on peoples must have list???
9.gif
I am looking forward to finding some things in Chicago (hey Monnie)!!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
This is always a fun thread to read, even if I can only dream about most of the items on here!!
31.gif
Even though I'm on a maternity-clothes-only shopping diet, I can still buy SHOES
30.gif
... so I think my friend and I are going to head to King of Prussia tomorrow for some shopping stress-relief. I'll live vicariously through her a bit, then force her to check out A Pea in the Pod with me, and of course head over to Nordstrom for some shoe-browsing.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went to Saks today to get a dress altered and look for shoes for it...

Got these gorgeous Jimmy Choos with stones on them, they are black faille not satin but they are really pretty. The stones are a dark color as opposed to clear.

I also got a pretty Chanel black jacket, in boucle, one button, with a bit of fringing (short fringe) and a bracelet length sleeve. It is all black, no other color, but the fit is so great.

I am looking for a nice black satin trench or topper coat to wear over nicer dresses at night when it is not cold enough for something heavier.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2008 2:05:37 PM
Author: Skippy123
I have been seeing lots of wedges; they are so cute! I notice blouses have a bit ruffles and are girlie looking. I will try and find some links. Any fun purses or handbags for spring on peoples must have list???
9.gif
I am looking forward to finding some things in Chicago (hey Monnie)!!
HI:

When are you going? Great place for shopping that Chicago...

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
17.gif

Date: 4/3/2008 4:54:18 PM

I went to Saks today to get a dress altered and look for shoes for it...

Got these gorgeous Jimmy Choos with stones on them, they are black faille not satin but they are really pretty. The stones are a dark color as opposed to clear.

I also got a pretty Chanel black jacket, in boucle, one button, with a bit of fringing (short fringe) and a bracelet length sleeve. It is all black, no other color, but the fit is so great.

I am looking for a nice black satin trench or topper coat to wear over nicer dresses at night when it is not cold enough for something heavier.
HI:

Great stuff DF! I''ll need to check Saks online for tose JC''s........

Emphemry: one can never have too many shoes!
17.gif

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Canuk, they are called the League jeweled pumps. The stones do not jump out at you, which is nice. My dress is navy satin and I really wanted a pewter shoe but they really did not have one that was dressy. These are pretty and I will wear them with other things.

I also saw great patent open toed wedges by Taryn Rose in black patent, the Daphne, that look exactly like the Louboutin wedges I bought. And her shoes are super comfy.

Burberry has a satin trench with poet sleeves, very cute, that I am going to try on Monday. It is a bit nicer than a typical trench coat, and looks great for evening.

I also love the Roger Vivier clutches, Saks got a couple in and the satin one with the oval stone clasp is gorgeous.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2008 10:16:07 PM
Canuk, they are called the League jeweled pumps. The stones do not jump out at you, which is nice. My dress is navy satin and I really wanted a pewter shoe but they really did not have one that was dressy. These are pretty and I will wear them with other things.

I also saw great patent open toed wedges by Taryn Rose in black patent, the Daphne, that look exactly like the Louboutin wedges I bought. And her shoes are super comfy.

Burberry has a satin trench with poet sleeves, very cute, that I am going to try on Monday. It is a bit nicer than a typical trench coat, and looks great for evening.

I also love the Roger Vivier clutches, Saks got a couple in and the satin one with the oval stone clasp is gorgeous.
HI:

Now I know the name I did see the shoes online, then, and they are
30.gif

Last season I had a devil of a time securing a pair of pewter shoes--Stuart Weizman had the most wonderful pair of pumps, but they were gone in a nanosecond. Then Dolce and Gabannna came out with theirs and also didn''t last long. I certainly preferred the SW for color and comfort--but they were all so popular they were gone once the hit the shevles. I have not seen a lot this season in the same color.

Saw some celeb in a mag wearing a satin jacket--Sharon Stone? Good luck with the Burberry.

cheers--Sharon

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
So I picked up a few things today....

First, a Diane Von Furstenberg jersey wrap dress - mine is blue and white.

JustinJerseyWrap.jpg

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
A basic lawyerly dress, also by Diane Von Furstenberg....

Browndress.jpg

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
And a Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti crimson top. I can''t find a pic, but it is very very cute!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon, I love pewter. Too bad about the Stuart Weitzmans, if you look around you might see some more, pewter is hot this year, I happen to think metallics in general are almost always in and are so neutral.

The Burberry coat I hope works out. I have heavier coats that are dressy but they are bulkier and I love the idea of a chic trench coat. It is on their site too. It may look awful but I have to try it on.

I LOVE SHOPPING.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2008 3:02:14 PM
Sharon, I love pewter. Too bad about the Stuart Weitzmans, if you look around you might see some more, pewter is hot this year, I happen to think metallics in general are almost always in and are so neutral.

The Burberry coat I hope works out. I have heavier coats that are dressy but they are bulkier and I love the idea of a chic trench coat. It is on their site too. It may look awful but I have to try it on.

I LOVE SHOPPING.
HI:

hhehehehee I do too Caroiline. I did not have the pleasure of seeing that Burberry locally--just online. Hope it works out--it really looks stunning.

Litagator Chick--excellent finds!!! Very pretty styles, and I adore Ferretti!

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you ever come down this way Sharon let me know!

We can have some fun and do some damage shopping.

Another find I am liking are these clutches, all different styles, by Alexandra Kotur. She is based in Hong Kong, and is a pal of Tory Burches. I have to admit I have gone a bit nutty for her snakeskin clutches. They are great, with jeweled buttons on top and gorgeous colors. She does little minaudiers and small clutches along with some larger bags. I love a couple of her styles, you can check out her site, it is www.kotur.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results