shape
carat
color
clarity

Mara, where is the "Spring Must Haves" thread??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/29/2008 2:45:53 AM
Author: monarch64
Pennquaker....can we talk about ladies light denim, possibly fitted jackets/blazers???? Where. are. they.??? I would absolutely love to have a great little lightweight, fitted, denim jacket/blazer to throw on over a tee or fine gauge sweater with khakis or whatever on the weekends. Maybe it''s too much to ask...I''m starting to wonder. From your last post, I thought maybe you had some knowledge on the subject and might be willing to share.
9.gif
I would even do a really cute almost engineer stripe or seersucker fitted jacket with dark denim trouser jeans.

I went to The Gap maybe a two weeks ago and I did see a light denim jacket there, but to be honest with you, I can''t seem to find denim jackets anywhere. One of the sales associates actually had the jacket on with blue wide leg trousers and a simple tee and she looked fantastic. The different blues really worked well together.

Banana Republic currently has a seersucker blazer that looks cut well and I think it would definitely pair well with the denim trousers.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Caroline, I too prefer my denim on the darker side. And I really don''t like the distressing or the holes in my denim.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I know Loft isn''t as fancy as some of the stores you trendy ladies frequent, but I saw this and had to have it Precious White Jacket

I actually didn''t even notice it on the website when I was on-line shopping b/c the photo is a bit blah, but in the store it jumped right at at me. I couldn''t help but splurge (plus I had a pair of savings cards to defer the cost a bit). Anyway, I thought it would be a nice springy item to layer over some pretty spring prints.

I''m now currently hunting the perfect pair of dark denim city shorts (knee length ish).

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2008 10:10:13 PM
Author: Fancy605
I know Loft isn''t as fancy as some of the stores you trendy ladies frequent, but I saw this and had to have it Precious White Jacket

I actually didn''t even notice it on the website when I was on-line shopping b/c the photo is a bit blah, but in the store it jumped right at at me. I couldn''t help but splurge (plus I had a pair of savings cards to defer the cost a bit). Anyway, I thought it would be a nice springy item to layer over some pretty spring prints.

I''m now currently hunting the perfect pair of dark denim city shorts (knee length ish).

There is nothing wrong with Loft. I buy things from run of the mill Gap to D&G or what have you. It doesn''t matter where it comes from if it looks nice.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2008 10:32:11 PM
Author: pennquaker09

Date: 3/30/2008 10:10:13 PM
Author: Fancy605

There is nothing wrong with Loft. I buy things from run of the mill Gap to D&G or what have you. It doesn''t matter where it comes from if it looks nice.
Amen to that!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fancy, I agree with other posters, there is nothing wrong with Loft...that pique jacket you posted is adorable. For city shorts, you might try Banana Republic...also I have found great lightweight, dark wash denim shorts at a local department store (Von Maur) by Lucky brand for a super reasonable price. I love those shorts, the are very versatile.

Penn, thanks for your input on the jackets. I haven''t been to the local Gap for a while but maybe this week I will go do some window shopping and see if they have any cute jackets. I''ve been a big fan of the Gap since I was in grade school, in fact several pieces I bought in 8th grade I can still wear today and are still in style (tops, basic, well-constructed, and classic). I think Gap apparel is a great supplement to any wardrobe, whether you are spending $50k a season or $200. Also, I love the idea of mixing different washes, i.e. dark denim trousers with light washed jacket, sounds great.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think style is more about what suits you and your life, and being able to mix things up a bit, than about it all coming from a fancy place. I love things that are unexpected and not always safe. As long as it is suitable for your shape or where you are wearing it, that is what counts more. I see women here who spend a lot on clothes but look terrible, no imagination at all and very trend conscious whether or not it works. If you have confidence you can carry off anything.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I was doing a bit of shopping this weekend, and noticed a lot of Michael Kors tops that looked like they would be good for PS Preggos! I tried some on, but I am just not into that look (been there, done that). Is that a Kors thing, or is this a spring trend?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2008 9:49:43 AM
Author: LitigatorChick
I was doing a bit of shopping this weekend, and noticed a lot of Michael Kors tops that looked like they would be good for PS Preggos! I tried some on, but I am just not into that look (been there, done that). Is that a Kors thing, or is this a spring trend?
HI:

LOrdy, everything''s retro. The Guess top I bought (shown as worn with bangle) could easily be maternity, and I had a top like that in high school. Oh and the one Akris Punto dress I tried on over the weekend, again a duplicate of a dress I had wore when I was early 20 something.

cheers--Sharon

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Penn - love the Kors stuff. The R&R jacket is so cute - don''t know where I would where it, but so cute!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Penn, you will be a styling dad!!

Is grey the new black again?

Got my trench, unfortunately the Nordstrom in San Fran decided to use a small box and fold it all up! It looks funky, so my SA is trying to locate another. It was also $1100.00, guess I did not see the tag? Definitely love it though, it has a safari feel to it, and if he can find me one in better condition I will be happy!

I love love love spring clothes.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Fancy605,I just bought the jacket you posted! I walked in to look around a few days ago and had to have it. I am a jacket nut and buy too many considering I live in the swamps of Houston. But this little jacket fits well. I have a closet full of the shorter
swing styles that I am tiring of. The SA said they were flying out of the store.

Loft.jpg

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 9:02:31 PM
Author: diamondfan
Penn, you will be a styling dad!!

Is grey the new black again?

Got my trench, unfortunately the Nordstrom in San Fran decided to use a small box and fold it all up! It looks funky, so my SA is trying to locate another. It was also $1100.00, guess I did not see the tag? Definitely love it though, it has a safari feel to it, and if he can find me one in better condition I will be happy!

I love love love spring clothes.

Thanks!!! I''m gonna have to run it by Nate before I buy anything because I don''t wanna make him mad, lol. I think above all, I want the Robert Geller trousers and the D&G polo.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, it is nice that you ask. I do not and hubby is not always happy with the bills...but he does like me to look good...

I try not to be as impulsive with my spending. I walk away if I am not sure, and think it over. I would rather buy classics, and things that are well made, and keep them in my wardrobe than buy trendier stuff, but of course I do that too.

Those grey trousers are sharp! I hope you get them...

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 11:03:00 PM
Author: diamondfan
Hey, it is nice that you ask. I do not and hubby is not always happy with the bills...but he does like me to look good...

I try not to be as impulsive with my spending. I walk away if I am not sure, and think it over. I would rather buy classics, and things that are well made, and keep them in my wardrobe than buy trendier stuff, but of course I do that too.

Those grey trousers are sharp! I hope you get them...

Nate has a very conservative style of dressing and I think that''s why he doesn''t understand my like of fashion. Medicine is very old school. The most unconventional thing that I can tell you about Nate is that he used to drive a Mustang. I get the majority of Nate''s clothes from Brooks Brothers and since we moved here, Boyds. I actually like Boyds because I can get my more contemporary stuff there. He''s almost 6''5" and you can''t find pants long enough for guys that tall, so he gets his pants made to measure there.

I don''t buy on impulse. I think about things that I''ll wear and things that I won''t wear. And I like for things to fit into my overall wardrobe.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I am having no luck with the spring shopping (except shoes)! I did a trip to a couple stores yesterday and nothing was calling to me. HELP!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2008 9:02:56 AM
I am having no luck with the spring shopping (except shoes)! I did a trip to a couple stores yesterday and nothing was calling to me. HELP!!
HI:

Ohhhh, I feel your pain!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
It is just feeling like one of those seasons when nothing is calling out to me!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2008 10:03:37 AM
It is just feeling like one of those seasons when nothing is calling out to me!
HI:

Do you wear dresses? Really cute lines out there.....do you need some help??????
31.gif

cheers--Sharon

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I love dresses for work. For weekends, I am usually at the park with my little guy, so I do skirts but no dresses.

I would love your help, Canuk, or any other helpful PSers. I am lost this spring!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I NEVER have a time where something does not scream buy me! I am working on letting things sit and seeing if I really want them. I know medicine is conservative, I come from a family of doctors and overall it is pretty sedate. It is great for Nate to have you to mix it up a bit for him!!!

Penn, I worded my post so that it looked like I was implying you buy impulsively, I did not mean that. I was referring to myself, as I tend to be more compulsive and have a closet full of what was I thinking? stuff. I am a pack rat too, and have a tough time tossing things! I love make up and shoes and bags and clothes and tend to get a bit carried away. I have some incredible clothes though, and have been trying to stay away from ultra trendy stuff. I can wear most things, even at 42 since I look younger, but I want to focus on elegant pieces that work with other stuff that I have, for the most part. Again, I have nothing against some of the trendier things, as long as they look okay. But I do find that I do better with classic things. I like color, but I like to have the basics be in more neutral tones, though I love greens, blues, burgundy and pink.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2008 10:24:22 AM
I love dresses for work. For weekends, I am usually at the park with my little guy, so I do skirts but no dresses.

I would love your help, Canuk, or any other helpful PSers. I am lost this spring!
HI:

I assume you would have to wear a jacket to the office? Those Akris Punto dresses I tried on this weekend would be nice--and the button up DVB with the Akris Knit Bolero would be really smart. That "creme" bolero would take you anywhere with black, creme, green, organe, blue....very versitile piece.

This Spring shopping bug has really hit me.....I have something coming by FedEx.....details later, but i think it comes in a blue box.....
31.gif

P.S. DiamondFan: I saw a gal this weekend while shopping--she had the same Cartier (Marcello ?) bag you have, in teal. It is the first time I've seen this bag, IRL. It was lovely.

cheers-Sharon

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Canuk, I don''t have to wear a jacket, only if I am going to Court. I''ll check out those suggestions - I take it they are in stock at Holts?

Another blue box!!!! Any hints of what we may find inside???

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2008 12:01:41 PM
Canuk, I don''t have to wear a jacket, only if I am going to Court. I''ll check out those suggestions - I take it they are in stock at Holts?

Another blue box!!!! Any hints of what we may find inside???
HI:

Yes Holts, but not all sizes present. Sleeveless, but for the DVF if memory serves.....

...p.s.s. something for the neck this time......

cheers--Sharon

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
What about these....

DVFWrapDress.jpg

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Or this one....

ToryBurchDress.jpg

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting....

ElieTahariHighWaistSkirt.jpg

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Can anyone tell I don''t want to work today.....

ElieTahariJacket.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results