shape
carat
color
clarity

Mara, where is the "Spring Must Haves" thread??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I wait for you to post this question every year, so I can go off of some tangent...
9.gif
, but have not seen it this year.....regardless, here is something I found just for "you" to start the thread off in the right direction....

cheers--Sharon

hlmr

Ideal_Rock

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yes, I thought so Heather! Very fetching!!!!
31.gif
You''ll be fab in that, all tanned to boot.......I am trying to find links to the tops I jsut bought but not having much luck yet......

cheers--Sharon

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
It can be hard to get the right links sometimes Sharon, keep trying, I'd love to see the new tops you bought.

It's funny, sometimes I love simple classic outfits, and sometimes I like to get a bit wild with prints and colours!
2.gif
10.gif

Very cute Sharon.....I love the black top the best!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thanks Heather. I bought two cotton sweater sets from Kasper--they are very cute, and were very reasonable $$. But they website isn't showing me the collections so I cannot post a link. But here is another site that is showing what else I got
31.gif
:

http://www.tiffany.ca/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=GRP01828&mcat=148204&cid=287458&search_params=s+5-p+5-c+287458-r+501323338-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

ETA: And from Mexx: this is very sheer and has a bright turquoise color in the flower....

http://eshop.mexx.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/fr/-/EFR/MDDisplayProduct-Start;sid=H1COc_zSUfGEyrs06byE8fyx8hY5L6la0Ic=?ProductSKU=3T310-1AV

cheers--Sharon

hlmr

Ideal_Rock

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2008 8:33:40 PM
Author: hlmr

Date: 3/23/2008 8:25:19 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Thanks Heather. I bought two cotton sweater sets from Kasper--they are very cute, and were very reasonable $$. But they website isn''t showing me the collections so I cannot post a link. But here is another site that is showing what else I got
31.gif
:

http://www.tiffany.ca/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=GRP01828&mcat=148204&cid=287458&search_params=s+5-p+5-c+287458-r+501323338-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

cheers--Sharon
Sweet bracelet Sharon!!!
HI:

Thanks GF!
1.gif
Hey ya''ll, come out and show your Spring goodies and wish list!

cheers--Sharon

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
HLMR, your dog is super cute!

Anyway, my spring must haves so far have been two things both silver in color. Tory Burch Reva flats AND Tiffany bezel studs in .16 ctw!!! Those last ones are still to be authenticated as they were an ebay find. But the seller seems reputable and she answered all the questions I asked about them correctly, so here''s hoping!

We all know what the studs look like...and here are the flats!

toryb2000012208_prod_medium.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha, I was also wondering if Mara was going to post a spring must-haves thread! I guess the torch has been passed!

I''m currently job-hunting, and waiting to buy much until I know whether I will need mostly professional attire or somewhat more business casual for my next position. I did pick up a really cute madras mini from J.Crew for spring/summer...but that''s it so far.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha sharon!! i totally thought about this thread and starting it like 3 weeks ago!! but then i got ADD or something and went off on some tangent and boom, i forgot. so i''m glad you started it!! and that skirt is SUPER cute--wouldn''t expect anything else from something named ''mara'' lol!!!
41.gif

i haven''t even done any spring shopping, it''s already well into spring here in CA and i''m just wearing all my stuff from last year so far. but i do need to get into the shops and look around, the shoes seem super cute this spring and i am dying to get a pedicure and show off my tootsies!

who else has fun finds this season?? anything you MUST HAVE???

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Thanks neatfreak! He is a sweetie pie poodle!

I am all about that gorgeous green colour this spring. I LOVE it and think it is so fresh and nice for a change.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2008 9:10:00 PM
Author: monarch64
Ha ha, I was also wondering if Mara was going to post a spring must-haves thread! I guess the torch has been passed!

I''m currently job-hunting, and waiting to buy much until I know whether I will need mostly professional attire or somewhat more business casual for my next position. I did pick up a really cute madras mini from J.Crew for spring/summer...but that''s it so far.
HI:

heehhee, it was an exception this year based on the fact that Mara was been engrossed with cupcakes lately........
18.gif
9.gif
...still trying to find those tops....oh btw, I tried on several pairs of my fave inexpensive shoes by Nine West; but none would suit; seemed to fit rather wide this year in the styles I liked (Gucci copies.....) so it was a no go from a shoe standpoint.....so far......

Neatfreak--those are great flats. I''ve contemplated a pair. But i think they have no acrh, correct? That is hard on my foot--as mine tends to be a big high.

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
unfortunately cupcakes and spring clothes don''t go together, eating one is not conducive to FITTING in the other!!!
39.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2008 10:33:12 AM
Date: 3/23/2008 9:10:00 PM

Neatfreak--those are great flats. I've contemplated a pair. But i think they have no acrh, correct? That is hard on my foot--as mine tends to be a big high.
cheers--Sharon

You are right, there is no arch. But they are the most fabulously comfortable shoes anyway!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went shopping yesterday and got the following shoes (in BLACK with black heels NOT the cork ones in the photo, Nord website only shows them in brown). . .

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2918860?Category=&Search=True&SearchType=keywordsearch&keyword=merrells+in+All+Categories&origin=searchresults

I also got some long sleeve Free People shirts (like this one: http://www.freepeople.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/products.detail/productID/12fc8346-abeb-4dc3-87c4-e899afceba44/categoryID/de8466d3-e6f9-497d-bd80-6023c7d00818 since it's still a few months until warmer weather here in the NW and all my current long sleeves need some new buddies to hang out with in the closet!
3.gif

Plus picked up 3 camis for spring and a few VS nighties. . .

Oh, and I purchased a light weight short sleeve sweater from the gap that ties around the waist. It's perfect for wearing over the new camisoles I bought. . .(can't seem to find that sweater on the website).

That's it until summer. . . I only spent around $400 for it all, which is perfect with the uncertainty of trying to sell my house. For summer, pretty much ALL I wear are t-shirts, so that'll be next after moving.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Cute stuff MC!

The retro top I bought yeaterday--very sheer fabric looks like a bold print scarf, has a hige hole in it! Didn''t discover it until I got home.....have to go back and exchange it, oh well....more shopping!!

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the new shoes in the jcrew catalog are super cute but seriously, i don''t want to pay like $198 for JCREW SHOES. if i am going to spend $200 i might as well get something like a cole haan or put it towards a manolo or something!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2008 10:45:20 AM
HI:

Cute stuff MC!

The retro top I bought yeaterday--very sheer fabric looks like a bold print scarf, has a hige hole in it! Didn't discover it until I got home.....have to go back and exchange it, oh well....more shopping!!

cheers--Sharon
That is so annoying when something is damaged, huh? A few years back I bought a hoodie at The Gap and took it home and found a stain on it. Back at the store, the gal looked at me like I was making it up. . .as if I wore a cheap $30 hoodie once and then made a huge ordeal to return it for another one.
20.gif
lol

It drives me nuts when I get a shirt home and realize the seam isn't straight. . . especially on expensive shirts. I've even found designer jeans to have the pockets improperly lined up and obsess over whether anyone can tell and if I should return them after they've been hemmed! Will anyone even be LOOKING at my butt long enough to notice! lol

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2008 8:05:23 PM
Author: MC

Date: 3/25/2008 10:45:20 AM

Cute stuff MC!

The retro top I bought yeaterday--very sheer fabric looks like a bold print scarf, has a hige hole in it! Didn''t discover it until I got home.....have to go back and exchange it, oh well....more shopping!!

cheers--Sharon
That is so annoying when something is damaged, huh? A few years back I bought a hoodie at The Gap and took it home and found a stain on it. Back at the store, the gal looked at me like I was making it up. . .as if I wore a cheap $30 hoodie once and then made a huge ordeal to return it for another one.
20.gif
lol

It drives me nuts when I get a shirt home and realize the seam isn''t straight. . . especially on expensive shirts. I''ve even found designer jeans to have the pockets improperly lined up and obsess over whether anyone can tell and if I should return them after they''ve been hemmed! Will anyone even be LOOKING at my butt long enough to notice! lol
HI:

They were very good about the exchange--the nylon was shredded and the piping was hanging; I don''t know how I could have missed it--or them either as it was transferred from another store in my size......it must have been yanked off the hanger to do that damage.....

BTW, you mentioned you wear a lot of t-shirts; is there a brand you prefer? I seem to have bought a lot of tanks lately, layering etc and I love those James Perse brand--unbelievably soft.....and very long...

cheers--Sharon

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I just got these shoes from www.piperlime.com
I love a good wedge heel. Just wish it would warm up here so I could wear them soon!

piperlimeshoesblackwedge.JPG

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I just bought these from Nordstroms.
Thinking I''ll wear them with slim white slacks, gray and probably dark slim jeans as well.

_5590962.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Angel and Bebe--great shoes!!! Luv ''em all!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
some new pics of new loot.....came by FedEx this morning....

eyefull.JPG

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2008 8:42:35 PM
BTW, you mentioned you wear a lot of t-shirts; is there a brand you prefer? I seem to have bought a lot of tanks lately, layering etc and I love those James Perse brand--unbelievably soft.....and very long...

cheers--Sharon
As far as t-shirts go, I don''t have any favorite brands. Usually with short-sleeve summer tops, I get Free People and for tanks for wearing around the house, C&C california (I love to stock up on these when Macy''s has them on sale for $15 each), but t-shirts I get at regular old plain stores like Banana Republic and Old Navy. Since my kids are little, I wear plain t''s with them at the park or in the yard, which is how we spend most of the summer.

Which brands of tanks are you purchasing? Those and camisoles are really addicting and it''s easy to buy five or so at a time! Luckily they''re small when folded up, so they''re easy to hide from my husband
3.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2008 7:41:03 PM
some new pics of new loot.....came by FedEx this morning....
oooh, how exciting. Can''t wait to see more pictures.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frank Gehry Open Torque S/S bracelet; it''s large but I love it!

openbangle.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
with my new Spring Guess top in the background.....

withnewguesstop.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
back to sleep in cozy jammies........
3.gif

realmccoy.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results