shape
carat
color
clarity

make uP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Thanks a lot, DeannaBana!!
35.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2006 11:32:38 PM
Author: anchor31
I''m horrible with makeup... I have brown hair, green eyes and a naturally tanned complexion (although I''m caucasian),

you lucky girl! im almost 100% italian and pale as can be
7.gif
LOL

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Deanna! I will try what you have described. Actually, I don''t use eyeliner because I''ve always felt like it accentuates the fact I don''t have "big" eyes. I do like wearing eyeshadow though, so thanks for the tips!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Are any of you gals wearing irridescent pressed powders and or bronzers? I like them and use MAC products, but every manufacturer seems to have one and I went to get EL''s limited addition product and it was sold out! One has to be careful with application tho, as you face can end up looking very "glossy".....

cheer--Sharon

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Make-up removers. I used to use the Clinique Extremely Gentle Eye Make-up Remover for years and years, just on the eyes, then wash the face with their Blue Tube Gel (Sorry I can''t remember the name and their site just never loads right for me!) and it worked well enough. Then I switched to the philosophy products (oh, they are heaven) and tried the Purity, and I have not looked back. It literally dissolves the make-up, both eye and foundation and my skin feels clean afterwards. I follow that up with their On A Clear Day Superwash for oily skin and then just use the OaCD Superwash in the morning (no need to use the Purity to remove make up I am not wearing). I also like the price of the Purity. The 8oz bottle was $20. I have been using it since 1.18.2006 and I have used about 1/3rd. I think that is pretty good.

I wish you well,

Bridget

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2006 2:28:56 PM
Author: Lorelei
Also eyelash curlers are very useful, but many can''t get the hang of using them. I always just give my lashes just a quick pinch at the root - not too firmly to avoid that kinked, surprised look and they really work well. The best ones I have used are the Maybelline plastic curlers, I thought they wouldn''t be any good but I am very pleased with them.

love this sephora curler!! link

P12343_hero.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2006 1:08:31 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Are any of you gals wearing irridescent pressed powders and or bronzers? I like them and use MAC products, but every manufacturer seems to have one and I went to get EL''s limited addition product and it was sold out! One has to be careful with application tho, as you face can end up looking very ''glossy''.....

cheer--Sharon

i use a cheap ole bronzer. bonne bell. it''s cheap and works well.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i also am LOVING the nars orgasm for blush.

foundation i use is MAC it''s the creamy in a compact one- studio tech (i think).

mascara - I LOVE LOVE LOVE kevin aucoin''s!!

kevynaucoin_1886_0.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh and a foundation brush is a neccesity! MAC sells a really good one as well.

px_315R_R200.jpg

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2006 10:27:54 AM
Author: Bridget S.
Re: Make-up removers. I used to use the Clinique Extremely Gentle Eye Make-up Remover for years and years, just on the eyes, then wash the face with their Blue Tube Gel (Sorry I can''t remember the name and their site just never loads right for me!) and it worked well enough. Then I switched to the philosophy products (oh, they are heaven) and tried the Purity, and I have not looked back. It literally dissolves the make-up, both eye and foundation and my skin feels clean afterwards. I follow that up with their On A Clear Day Superwash for oily skin and then just use the OaCD Superwash in the morning (no need to use the Purity to remove make up I am not wearing). I also like the price of the Purity. The 8oz bottle was $20. I have been using it since 1.18.2006 and I have used about 1/3rd. I think that is pretty good.

I wish you well,

Bridget
I LOVE, love, love the Philosophy stuff!
emthup.gif
I go to the Nordstrom makeup events near me here in Riverside and I have received as well as purchased some Purity and totally love its practicality. Oh so gentle, too. I like it simple...ya know? My husband has combination skin and I caught him using my mousse cleanser from Lancome so I got him one for himself. He either uses Oil of Olay''s facial cleanser with antiaging properties in the shower or his own Lancome cleanser by the sink...isn''t that funny?
emcrook.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm...I am thinking I need to check out the NARS Orgasm blush. It sounds like several of you love it. I also am in need of a blush that would look nice on my Caribbean tanned skin. Since returning back, I have gone to the tanning salon about 3 times to maintain what I got. I am naturally lightly olive toned so a blush with a peachyness to it might be nice. I have had bad luck with blushes that have any wording of "apricot" or close to that cuz they turn out different on my skin. That is why I have either gone without blush and used what natural blush I have or have used a little smudged rubbed in lipstick in a pinch...

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2006 11:08:51 AM
Author: jcrow
oh and a foundation brush is a neccesity! MAC sells a really good one as well.
Love their brushes...I use 2/3rds of them...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results