shape
carat
color
clarity

make uP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
I''m just curious..
What color make up (eye shadow/ eye products) that complent what color of hair/eyes you have? (also what brand if there''s any in particular that you prefer?)

(if any pictures that''s good too!)

I love eye makeup, and I alternate all the time, I''m just curious as to how the ladies here do their make-up!

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
great thread! I am curious too! I have Gray eyes (ugh, how boring is that?) and I have a hard time choosing colors. I seem to have 2 colors that are the good ole stand bys.......a shimmery light brown, and a shimmery light pink. Eye liner for is brown for to match the light brone shadow, or a greyish charcol to go with the pink shadow. And then black mascara.

it would be great to hear/see what others are wearing!

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
For years and years I used one of the Clinique duo shadows with a paler brown all over the lid, then a darker brown just on the outer corners. Can you say Blah?!? I am a (dyed) red head with very fair skin and brown eyes. In May of last year I started using the Bare Escentuals make up and liked it, so decided to try their eye shadow GLIMMERS. What a difference. The brown really didn''t look great. The BE Glimmers give a shimmer that is very nice. I have also experimented with colour and the darker colours don''t look great on me, so I have two basic colours, Summer which is a light sheer goldy colour, (without being very! gold. If you want a VERY gold, then the True Gold is good - I use that for nights out) and then the other basic I use is called Celestine, which is a hard colour to catergorize, almost a grey brown shimmer, but it''s not a dark colour at all. Then just this week I picked up the Queen Phyllis, which is also a goldy shimmer, but has more white (I think it''s white) in it, so it''s more visible. The first day I wore it, a lady complimented me on my make up : ) If you have a Sephora close to you that has BE, I''d go check them out. Oh, and they come in a little pot and you have to buy an eyeshadow brush, but I have had the Summer and Celestine for 8 months, using one or the other every day and I''ve barely made a dent in the contents.

Let us know how it goes for you,

Bridget

E B

Ideal_Rock
I have brown eyes and reddish-brown hair, and my MOST favorite eyeshadow is a creamy light brown with a hint of shimmer. It's made by a company called Nat Robbins, and it's what I use when I want a subtle yet pretty eye-look. With it, I pair Maybelline black mascara and a dark brown pencil only on the outer corners of my eye.

I only wear this combo on special occasions, though, as I hate makeup on an everyday basis.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have light green eyes and the colours that tend to bring out the green are a coppery pale brown and also burgundy or amethyst, particularly in eyeliner. Clinique do a good eyeliner in violet which I use. I normally wear black mascara, an old habit I can''t break! My hair is light blonde and I generally stick to neutral glossy lips, or Mac Spice lipliner is good, blusher I use Clinique Nude Nude and/ or a soft Revlon pink. In summer I use a bronzer too. I tend to wear just basics for everyday, foundation to protect my skin as I am outside such a lot, blusher and mascara, but if I am going out I use more. With a basic face I can always add to it if something unexpected happens, the canvas is there.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2006 2:01:28 PM
Author:sparkly_stars
I''m just curious..

What color make up (eye shadow/ eye products) that complent what color of hair/eyes you have? (also what brand if there''s any in particular that you prefer?)

(if any pictures that''s good too!)

I love eye makeup, and I alternate all the time, I''m just curious as to how the ladies here do their make-up!

I totally have fun with makeup...For colorations, I use Lancome foundation, MAC eyeshadows--mostly--some Lancome shadows, Lancome Hypnose mascara or Flextencils, which I love. I use the primers from MAC to help make the eye shadows stay longer and they help delay creasing. I love the wand concealer by Lancome! I can apply it accurately and concisely where I want it.

The Artliner by Lancome is an essential. I love the way it goes on so accurately. I use the Prune shade, the Noir(black) shade, and also love the Blueberry shade. If I want a smokier look, I use the angle brush from MAC with one of shadows like Shadow Lady or Sketch over the Artliner. If I want the liner to last even through crying, I have used Paula Dorf''s Transformer with the dry shadow, then over that, I apply the Artliner. Works really well.

I used to do makeovers on folks about 10 years ago as part of my job as a image consulant so I had alot of fun with playing up the best features with colorations. Less really is best when applied correctly. The natural look is almost more challenging than a made up look. A foundation brush applies foundation only where one needs it and a lesser amount more evenly, I have found. I used to use a sponge, but it absorbs too much of the product. I still use a sponge, but for smoothing and blending of eye shadows and of foundation along the jawline.

Lipliner should be used with a light hand. A little to shape the mouth and fill in lips with the color. Powder with translucent powder than dab off excess, THEN apply lip color with a lipbrush. Top with a little gloss in center of pout for a nice finish that isn''t all plastic looking, but fresh, finished and perfect.

My youngest daughter is going into estethician school for the skin part of learning and finessing her already amazing skill at doing makeup. She is just awesome and has friends who pay her to do their special occasion makeup.

I feel the key is knowing how to use product correctly and not alot...you look finished and not done...just my 2 cents...hope I helped a little!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also eyelash curlers are very useful, but many can''t get the hang of using them. I always just give my lashes just a quick pinch at the root - not too firmly to avoid that kinked, surprised look and they really work well. The best ones I have used are the Maybelline plastic curlers, I thought they wouldn''t be any good but I am very pleased with them.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Good thread!

I have dark chestnut brown eyes. When I wear eye shadow, it''s always a ivory base and either a wine or a, I can''t think of the name, it''s looks kind of bronzy but it''s not, similar though. Some days my eyes POP, which I love when they do that, the brown of them gets so dark...it looks cool, if I do say so myself.

The only thing is, on my wedding day I want my eyes to have the POP factor the whole day...and I just don''t know what colors will do that. I need to go to a MAC store and talk to a professional.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, eyelash curlers are an essential I forget to mention...If you have brown eyes like I do,the key is to find a base color like a taupey color to put all over, I feel, in a primer to set the stage. I like MAC''s Still life or Lancome''s primer in Bermuda Sunrise. I also like Lancome''s Flamingo Coast which has a touch or tint of pink to warm up the skin.

I love winey colors like Sketch from MAC in the crease. I use a little Creme de Violet on the outer 2/3rds of the eye, angling it to fit the shape of the eye and not all over the eyelid by the eyelashes. I like to leave that alone or I might add a little bit of Amber Lights for warmth, but not much.

If prepping this same coloration for evening, I might use Beauty Marked in the outer corners for depth, but only for evening. For day, this is usually sufficient or I might add a teeny bit of Mulch for more depth.

Blue and green eyes can have fun with so many combinations! What is important is to start with good basics and then play a little with the colors. If you mess up, you can take it off and start over. Its like being a little kid again but much more fun!

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
oh, with those eye lash curlers.....I love to give mine a quick blast of heat with the hair dryer before I curl my lashes.....it acts almost like a curling iron, and "locks" the curl into place...

Deanna......what colors would you suggest I try ...medium complexion, gray eyes, med brown hair with subtle highlights....?????

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have hazel eyes and I dye my hair red-brown. I use shimmery neutrals and pinks on my eyes with a touch of smoldery purples in the outer corners and as a liner. This palette is supposed to bring out the green tones in my eyes. That''s why I stick with those colors. I use MAC makeup and I love it!!! I also curl the lashes and put on a nice coat of brown/black mascara.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2006 2:38:51 PM
Author: DeannaBana
Yes, eyelash curlers are an essential I forget to mention...If you have brown eyes like I do,the key is to find a base color like a taupey color to put all over, I feel, in a primer to set the stage. I like MAC''s Still life or Lancome''s primer in Bermuda Sunrise. I also like Lancome''s Flamingo Coast which has a touch or tint of pink to warm up the skin.

I love winey colors like Sketch from MAC in the crease. I use a little Creme de Violet on the outer 2/3rds of the eye, angling it to fit the shape of the eye and not all over the eyelid by the eyelashes. I like to leave that alone or I might add a little bit of Amber Lights for warmth, but not much.
Ohhh thanks Deanna!!
9.gif
I''m going to buy an eyelash curler tonight.

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
you guys are so quick! hehe,
I alternate all the time, I have dark brown hair and light green/blue eyes,
I just bought annabelle shadow in a sort of gold-ish color (and I have gold in my eyes) I love it!

ahah, I think I might have to go buy some more! (you guys gave me ideas!
31.gif
)

ps. firegoddess I just realized you changed your icon(display pic?) anyways I love it! I didn''t even notice it was you! heheh

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
oh yeah! how about pictures!!!
I''m muuuuch more visual!
i have a few but i''ll get them later! (one of the new gold color, and the other of a sort of cream type that isn''t too bad either!)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have really dark brown eyes and warm undertones to my skin. I always use browns, shadows, liners, mascaras, everything. My favorite trick to open up my eyes is to take a creamy concealer (light) and apply that to my lower lid and a little around the inside of my eye. Then I go over that with a very light ivory shadow (I use L''Oreal from the good ol drugstore). I use two shades of deep browns to do my crease and outer corners, and blend. I follow that with dark brown liner on the outer corners, top and bottom, smudge it so it doesn''t look harsh, but smoky, and end with two coats of brown/black Maybelline Great Lash waterproof.

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
monarch, i would LOVE To see a picture of it..
(only because i think i can picture it?)

actually, i''d like to see pictures of most! hehehe .. so chop chop! ;-) haha

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2006 2:59:50 PM
Author: sparkly_stars
you guys are so quick! hehe,
ps. firegoddess I just realized you changed your icon(display pic?) anyways I love it! I didn''t even notice it was you! heheh
Thanks! I''m shifty like that.
2.gif
Half the time now I don''t realize it''s me either. LOL.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh - good tip I just thought of! When you apply eyeshadow, go around the upper and inner corners of the eye by the tear duct with pale shimmery shadow, that really makes your eyes bright and is great if you a a bit tired and dark in that area. Also if you are really carrying extra luggage under the eyes
7.gif
brush a little matt pink blusher under the eyes, it sounds weird but it works.

Also when trying to cover dark undereye circles, look downwards in the mirror to apply concealer, again it sounds strange but you get far better and more natural coverage where you need it.

With lips, go around the edge of the lipline with concealer or pale shimmery powder for a special night out, this helps give a glamorous pout. Also blend a little gloss in the centre of the lip only for it to last. If you are worried about lipstick on your teeth, dip your forefinger in between your pursed lips, this takes off excess.

If you are concerned about leaving lipstick on a glass, discreetly lick the edge of the glass and this will stop lipstick sticking to it.

I could go on and on with makeup tips!

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
"If you are concerned about leaving lipstick on a glass, discreetly lick the edge of the glass and this will stop lipstick sticking to it."

LOL....I can totally see myself getting caught trying to do this.........that would be just my luck!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2006 3:18:03 PM
Author: sparkly_stars
monarch, i would LOVE To see a picture of it..
(only because i think i can picture it?)

actually, i''d like to see pictures of most! hehehe .. so chop chop! ;-) haha
I''ll see if I can dig one up sometime this weekend...I hate to say this, but I have Britney Spears eyes, you know how she has lots of upper lid area? So if I do a lot of dark on the lower inside lid it looks like I have black eyes, lol!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock

Lorelei - having just discovered that Clinique Eye Pencil - I''m finally in Nirvana! It''s the best pencil I have used in the 30 years or so of makeup!!! I use there slate color. I have deep set eyes.

My eyes change color from boring blue to an odd intense shade of green - always has been like that - maybe my eyes react to what color I am wearing. I have found that the neutal tones in a purple hue work best. Light color on entire shade. Medium light on lid & darker shade just above and in the corner - then blend.
1.gif
Don''t wear a ton of makeup though.

Fun thread.

koko

Shiny_Rock
I have green eyes, brown hair & med. skin.....I swear by Prestige Soft Blend Kohl Eyeliner in "Shiraz" (Plum), Revlon Powder Blush in "Softspoken Pink", and Revlon New Complexion One Step Compact Make Up in "Ivory Beige" (for Winter/SpringJ)....and of course good old Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in "Very Black".....a true classic.
13.gif

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
I have super fair skin, auburn hair and brown eyes and will everyone hate me when I say..i don''t wear makeup.

I think I have an eyeliner around here somewhere, but I''m pretty sure it''s not safe to use anymore. I do have some bare minerals foundation powder, but what a mess to use it!

I used to wear pink/rose/brown color eye shadows. I understand that purples work REALLY well on brown eyes, but I hate purple so that wasn''t gonna happen!

koko

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/24/2006 8:15:52 PM
Author: f0rbidden
I have super fair skin, auburn hair and brown eyes and will everyone hate me when I say..i don''t wear makeup.

I think I have an eyeliner around here somewhere, but I''m pretty sure it''s not safe to use anymore. I do have some bare minerals foundation powder, but what a mess to use it!

I used to wear pink/rose/brown color eye shadows. I understand that purples work REALLY well on brown eyes, but I hate purple so that wasn''t gonna happen!
fOrbidden, you may want to reconsider & at least wear foundation. I was reading a quote by Joan Collins where she said that there was a big difference in her friends over age 50 who had worn foundation through the years compared to those who didn''t. She said it''s a barrier between your skin & the elements that will keep your skin youthful as you age, especially if you get a makeup with spf. But she also said you must never go to sleep with it on!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2006 3:59:30 PM
Author: jetmal
''If you are concerned about leaving lipstick on a glass, discreetly lick the edge of the glass and this will stop lipstick sticking to it.''

LOL....I can totally see myself getting caught trying to do this.........that would be just my luck!
Mine too! F&I those pencils are the greatest, easy to use, lots of colour but no gunk leftover. I will have to try the slate, I prefer the softer colours to black.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone else have blue eyes?? I do. I'm not much of a make up girl though. I mean, yes I wear make up but not a ton
1.gif
Normally on the eyes its a brown/cream shadow or a pink/gold shadow. Brown liner sometimes. Black mascara always
2.gif
. I bought some blue/brown shadow a few months ago because it said it's supposed to bring out blue eyes, but it didn't like it at all. What do other blue eyed girls wear?

ETA: oops, I realized some of you do have blues eyes! Mine are an ocean blue as my BF says.
4.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I''m horribly boring with makeup, since I like a consistent ''natural'' look! I have red brown eyes and hair, and my skin is an odd mix of irish with a gold undertone. (it really can''t decide if it''s olive or pink!)

On my face, I wear bobbi brown tinted moisturizer as foundation, but I''m thinking of trying the mineral powder foundation from neutragena I saw in a magazine ad. I just want to even out my skin tone. I apply ''desert rose'' Bobbi Brown blush with a powder brush for a touch of color on my cheeks.

For eyes I always use an under-eye concealer but I''m still looking for the perfect one. Any sugestions for a good one with a little moisturizer so it won''t settle in the fine lines? Which, I might add are totally un-noticable until I use concealer!
29.gif
I use Benefit eye-bright for the dark circles and Benefit cake eyeliner in audrey at the very base of my lashes. I''ll also use Origins eyeliner pencil in mushroom which is great for a soft smudged look.
I have no lower eyelashes so I have to use liner on my lower lids very sparingly or it just looks odd. But I mainly use eyeliner for date night and the benefit is the only one that doesn''t give me raccon eyes after half an hour. I don''t think makeup sticks well to me.
20.gif

Of course I curl my eyelashes and then use Shu Uemura basic black mascara from sephora. It''s a very natural look, never clumps, and doesn''t smudge. In fact it''s the first time I''ve bought the same mascara more than two times in a row! My current fav for my eyelids is Origins underwear for the eyes in beige or gold with occasionally bobbi brown''s ''blonde'' eyeshadow in the crease.

My favorite, and only, lipstick is Origins ''tea rose''. It''s the only color I''ve found that works with all the different colors I wear from coral to brown to black to soft green. And I never go anywhere without burt''s bees lip balm.

My minimum makeup routine is concealer, eyelash curler, mascara, and lip balm. Oh and I never leave home without sunscreen on, obviously.
20.gif

I''m totally addicted to scent, so while I may go out without makeup I never leave home without perfume!
2.gif
Currently wearing vera wang for evenings and Origins ginger for the days. (I have the ginger in a rollon in my purse).
5.gif

Why yes, I did recently go to an Origins store! How ever did you guess?
12.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2006 4:37:37 AM
Author: Wren
I''m totally addicted to scent, so while I may go out without makeup I never leave home without perfume!
2.gif
Don''t even get me started on perfume Wren, it is one of my favourite things along with diamonds!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2006 3:49:07 PM
Author: Lorelei
Oooh - good tip I just thought of! When you apply eyeshadow, go around the upper and inner corners of the eye by the tear duct with pale shimmery shadow, that really makes your eyes bright and is great if you a a bit tired and dark in that area. Also if you are really carrying extra luggage under the eyes
7.gif

Also when trying to cover dark undereye circles, look downwards in the mirror to apply concealer, again it sounds strange but you get far better and more natural coverage where you need it.

With lips, go around the edge of the lipline with concealer or pale shimmery powder for a special night out, this helps give a glamorous pout. Also blend a little gloss in the centre of the lip only for it to last. If you are worried about lipstick on your teeth, dip your forefinger in between your pursed lips, this takes off excess.

If you are concerned about leaving lipstick on a glass, discreetly lick the edge of the glass and this will stop lipstick sticking to it.

Bloody hell Lorelei!! You sound like make-up artist to the stars!!

I have only one look for winter, autumn, summer and spring!

A dab of concealer under the eyes, a quick brush over with some bronzing powder, a bit of blue eyeliner and then a bit of lip gloss. The whole regime takes about 3-4 minutes tops!

They say that when you are getting a bit older, your make-up should be lighter! So i guess I''m already there!

But seriously, if I had the confidence to apply make-up well and use colour more, then i would
7.gif

Blod

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2006 6:12:55 AM
Author: blodthecat

Date: 3/24/2006 3:49:07 PM
Author: Lorelei
7.gif

Bloody hell Lorelei!! You sound like make-up artist to the stars!!

I have only one look for winter, autumn, summer and spring!

Blod

Ha Blods - that is one of my lesser known secrets - I am very interested in makeup and was taught by a couple of models years ago and have been hooked ever since! I lap up the beauty sections in magazines and books!
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results