shape
carat
color
clarity

Mahenge 10K PS Gift

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 2:34:39 PM
Author: Chrono
I have sad news to announce: Santa will not be bringing the Mahenge ring to me in time for Xmas.
39.gif
However, WF was kind enough to take a picture of the stone for me but looking at it makes me miss it even more.
WOWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

That stone looks a red diamond! That pear is so juicy, it hurts!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
What a yummy stone and a great picture!
30.gif
it!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2009 6:13:37 PM
Author: platinumrock

Date: 12/10/2009 2:34:39 PM
I have sad news to announce: Santa will not be bringing the Mahenge ring to me in time for Xmas.
39.gif
However, WF was kind enough to take a picture of the stone for me but looking at it makes me miss it even more.
WOWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

That stone looks a red diamond! That pear is so juicy, it hurts!
Yeah, that picture kind of reminds me of this picture of the "Rob Red" diamond, the most saturated red diamond known to exist per Stephen Hofer, premier colored diamond expert.
3.gif

robreddiamond1.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila, Gailey, Linda, TGal, Stone Hunter, LD, Brandy, PR, FlyGirl and TL,
I’m glad you like the WF picture and thanks for the compliments.

TL,
If my stone is really a red diamond, imagine how much its worth!
31.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2009 7:56:41 AM

TL,
31.gif

The above diamond is only 59 points, but it''s probably worth six figures. Hey yours is much bigger!! I personally rather look at yours than a tiny red diamond!
31.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope this is the last CAD folks!

CMahengeCAD1.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A slightly different angle.

CMahengeCAD2.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks fabulous!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow that was quick! I like it. it does look better without the bulk up front for sure.

the diamond on the tip of the 2nd halo, thats further back from the top halo correct? if so, then great, if not, I''d worry a bit.

I feel that the design looks very elegant!
36.gif

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2009 10:36:14 PM
Author: Arcadian
wow that was quick! I like it. it does look better without the bulk up front for sure.

the diamond on the tip of the 2nd halo, thats further back from the top halo correct? if so, then great, if not, I''d worry a bit.

I feel that the design looks very elegant!
36.gif

-A
Yes, that extra diamond on the lower halo is recessed compared to the upper halo. Thanks.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So ladies and gentlemen, is everything all right? Any last minute comments before I give the green light?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
OMG...it''s gorgeous!! I can''t wait to see hand shots!!

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Perfect!!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am loving the first set you've posted above - clean lines, great proportions etc etc but ........ are the latest CADs a mixture of old/new versions? The first CADs you posted above look devine and I adore the way they've recessed the extended prongs at the sides. However, in the second set, the side extended prongs are back towards the outside again. Look:

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
The v prong looks a little bulky but I''ll guess that''s just something to do with the rendering and won''t look that substantial on the finished ring. I really think it''s going to be an amazing ring Chrono.
9.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Wow LD good eye! That metal piece doesn''t appear in the other views with the v prong facing out. It looks like the middle prongs have been incorporated into the shoulder of the ring. Please excuse me if my terminology is all wrong.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2009 10:21:47 PM
I hope this is the last CAD folks!

I LOVE IT!!!! It''s so gorgeous, and I love how delicate the prongs look.

That is going to be one killer ring! And HUGE!
31.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2009 8:03:38 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 12/11/2009 7:56:41 AM

TL,
31.gif

The above diamond is only 59 points, but it''s probably worth six figures. Hey yours is much bigger!! I personally rather look at yours than a tiny red diamond!
31.gif
Me too!!!
3.gif

TL, I nearly fell off the couch when you posted that red diamond. It reminds me so much of Chrono''s mahenge in color!

Mmmmmm...red diamonds....
18.gif

To bad they''re usually ridiculously expensive chips!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2009 11:19:04 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
I am loving the first set you''ve posted above - clean lines, great proportions etc etc but ........ are the latest CADs a mixture of old/new versions? The first CADs you posted above look devine and I adore the way they''ve recessed the extended prongs at the sides. However, in the second set, the side extended prongs are back towards the outside again. Look:
I agree, I love the open look too, so I''m not sure how the extended prongs got in the second set??????

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I am loving the first set you''ve posted above - clean lines, great proportions etc etc but ........ are the latest CADs a mixture of old/new versions? The first CADs you posted above look devine and I adore the way they''ve recessed the extended prongs at the sides. However, in the second set, the side extended prongs are back towards the outside again. Look:

agree with everything LD has said - I think they''ve done a great job cleaning up the CAD and it''s looking awesome - but I would question that extended support/prong thing in the bottom photo before giving the green light.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/12/2009 3:35:03 AM
Author: arjunajane

agree with everything LD has said - I think they''ve done a great job cleaning up the CAD and it''s looking awesome - but I would question that extended support/prong thing in the bottom photo before giving the green light.

I agree... but other than that...........
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I can''t wait to see this IRL pics!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Yes I was trying to reference Art Noveau''s basket.
3.gif

I love your latest cads, it''s going to be a gorgeous ring. Also I think you can''t go wrong with this many eagle eyed ladies helping you to critique the cads.
12.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono - what are your thoughts?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, this newest CAD is a combination of the new and old. My guess is that he forgot to erase that bit of prong support in the lower picture? I''ll have to call WF to confirm. Thanks for pointing this out.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2009 11:20:29 PM
Author: brandy_z28
The v prong looks a little bulky but I''ll guess that''s just something to do with the rendering and won''t look that substantial on the finished ring. I really think it''s going to be an amazing ring Chrono.
9.gif
Oh, I didn''t realize that, so thanks for bringing that up. Per the instruction, WF said the metal will be shaved down etc but it never hurts to clarify with them.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for not coming back to the thread; I was very busy yesterday and bought another pair of boots which I didn''t really need. I need another pair of boots like I need a third hand....umm....maybe that''s not a good comparison because with a third hand, I have another excuse to get more gemstones to be set in rings.
9.gif

Mochi, Tsavvy, PR, RL, AJ, CCN and LG,
Thank you for looking and sharing your opinions. I will get in touch with WF tomorrow as soon as they open. I''m keeping my fingers crossed that they only forgot to delete that extra prong support in the CAD. So.....one week from approval might mean that I just might get this ring on my finger before 2010.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Chrono- do you know about netflix? well i was thinking we could start something like that but for jewelry and call it dimaondflixs! I would be happy to sign up first and I will be requesting that ring- it is breathtaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok ok seriously that is a show stopper! I can''t wait to see the hand shots!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/13/2009 7:03:05 PM
Author: Sarahbear621
Chrono- do you know about netflix? well i was thinking we could start something like that but for jewelry and call it dimaondflixs! I would be happy to sign up first and I will be requesting that ring- it is breathtaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok ok seriously that is a show stopper! I can't wait to see the hand shots!
Sarah,
Is Netflix where one can borrow a DVD movie or something online, then mail it back? I think I've heard of this before but I'm not sure.
33.gif
I live in the dark ages and have been teased for not even owning an mp3 player.
emembarrassed.gif

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 7:05:25 PM

Date: 12/13/2009 7:03:05 PM

ok ok seriously that is a show stopper! I can''t wait to see the hand shots!
Sarah,
Is Netflix where one can borrow a DVD movie or something online, then mail it back? I think I''ve heard of this before but I''m not sure.
33.gif
I live in the dark ages and have been teased for not even owning and mp3 player.
emembarrassed.gif
Chrono,

yes you pay a blanket rental fee every month and they send you movies- when you are done you just mail them back...there is no late fee etc. You can''t hate me for trying to think outside the box on this one!!! AND HOW DO YOU HAVE ALL THIS BEAUTIFUL JEWELRY BUT NOT AN MP3 PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/13/2009 7:09:24 PM
Chrono,

yes you pay a blanket rental fee every month and they send you movies- when you are done you just mail them back...there is no late fee etc. You can''t hate me for trying to think outside the box on this one!!! AND HOW DO YOU HAVE ALL THIS BEAUTIFUL JEWELRY BUT NOT AN MP3 PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha! You definitely suggested a fun thing which quite a few PSers might join up to pass around (although insurance might be a nightmare)
9.gif
. Yikes....is this were I admit that I only just bought my first digital camera (point and shoot though) only 2 years ago?
23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results