shape
carat
color
clarity

Mahenge 10K PS Gift

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Wow that stone does have the famous glow. I can''t wait to see CADs of the setting. The double halo idea sounds cool, but I will have to see the CAD to really picture it.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2009 10:42:26 PM
Author: GoodSoul
That''s one glowing stone! Congratulations on the gift! Can''t wait to see the final results!
DITTO!!!!
36.gif

Lori

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Love the color of your stone and the glow. The size is huge for a Mahenge. Your setting design sounds great too. I''m sure it will be a stunning ring.

AN

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/25/2009 5:46:12 PM
Author: colormyworld
Beautiful spinel you have there Chrono and it is a really nice size also ! The glow of these Mahenge stones is really something so rare in general for spinels. From the pics it looks to have a very small amount of ':silk' which may be the reason why the color is so evenly spread with an almost total lack of any extinction. Just perfect by what I see on my moniter!
CMW,
The size thing is partially Harriet's and your fault.
11.gif
No tweezers needed for that stone. I, too, suspect a very small amount of silk. The stone is incredibly clean and crystalline so if there is any silk, it must be extremely fine. Unfortunately, I do not have a high powered microscope to check this out. Thanks for your opinion and comment.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/25/2009 5:55:30 PM
Author: DianaBanana
Oh wow!!! That stone is spectacular...and it''s a whopper!!
9.gif

Any chance you wanna share the design that inspired you??
31.gif
I''m not sure because it is guaranteed to elicit gasps of horror and surprise.
3.gif
Perhaps after the setting is done?
11.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many thanks to Packrat, FlyGirl, Deco, Fiery, Sarah, Sharon, TL, Trishy, Catmom, Spirit, Austen, Cind, LG, D&T, Stone Hunter, IceKid, GoodSoul, Firecracker, Loriken and Art Nouveau.

I''ve received the confirmation of order from WF. Next up is to send my stone to them, then a 2 week wait for the CAD. I''m so excited about this project!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stone. Can''t wait to see it in the setting.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/26/2009 7:59:53 AM
Author: Chrono
Many thanks to Packrat, FlyGirl, Deco, Fiery, Sarah, Sharon, TL, Trishy, Catmom, Spirit, Austen, Cind, LG, D&T, Stone Hunter, IceKid, GoodSoul, Firecracker, Loriken and Art Nouveau.

I''ve received the confirmation of order from WF. Next up is to send my stone to them, then a 2 week wait for the CAD. I''m so excited about this project!
YOU''RE excited???!! It''s not even my stone, and I''M excited!!! LOL!!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous stone! I am trying to envision what you are planning for the setting, is it similar to this?

pear halo sideview.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stepcutnut,
It's close. The top halo is a single sided halo unlike the two sided halo in the picture. The lower halo is also similar but a lot less metal. The entire effect is barely any metal showing, just a line of bling. I wish I dare to show you the original picture. It took my breath away because it's also a pear AND a pink/red stone.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono, oh my goodness! That Mahenge is breathtaking!!!! I can''t wait to see the CADs, but it sounds like it''s going to be a gorgeous setting!!! Congrats!!!!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 8:21:08 AM
Stepcutnut,

It's close. The top halo is a single sided halo unlike the two sided halo in the picture. The lower halo is also similar but a lot less metal. The entire effect is barely any metal showing, just a line of bling. I wish I dare to show you the original picture. It took my breath away because it's also a pear AND a pink/red stone.
Now it makes more sense to me-that will be gorgeous!

Have you seen the stone in person? If so does it have much sleepyness? I love a sleepy spinel!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Time to admit witholding of information.
25.gif
I've had the Mahenge for several weeks now. No, there is no apparent sleepiness in the Mahenge. In fact, it looks very crystalline to the eye. Runs away and hides...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/26/2009 10:22:38 AM
25.gif
I''ve had the Mahenge for several weeks now. No, there is no apparent sleepiness in the Mahenge. In fact, it looks very crystalline to the eye. Runs away and hides...
23.gif

-A

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono, can''t wait to see it....it is going to look lovely!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone. Can''t wait to see it set.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is going to be one STUNNING project!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It just glows beautiful pinkish red!! This will be like royalty when it is set!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely stone!!! I can''t wait to see your finished project!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone!! I can''t wait to see you HALO ring!!!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
It looks awesome! Can''t wait to see it when its finished!

I have a Q for you: A stone of this value, do you get a cert for it from Swala?

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Chrono
That stone looks super beautiful.
Looks like a Ruby (is that ok to say? dont want to downgrade your stone or anything)
Love the reds!
Did you get it from the stone from http://www.swalagemtraders.com/ ?

What is TL that you mentioned in your posts.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2009 10:15:56 AM
Author: haagen_dazs
Hi Chrono
Looks like a Ruby (is that ok to say? dont want to downgrade your stone or anything)
Love the reds!

Me!!

BTW, if that were a ruby, in particular un untreated Burma ruby, it would probably be at least 1000 times more expensive.
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, can''t wait to see it set
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/26/2009 1:23:44 PM
Author: Arcadian

Date: 10/26/2009 10:22:38 AM
25.gif
I''ve had the Mahenge for several weeks now. No, there is no apparent sleepiness in the Mahenge. In fact, it looks very crystalline to the eye. Runs away and hides...
23.gif

-A
I know...I know...guilty as charged. Firstly, I wanted to be sure it is the stone for me. So even though I loved the stone at first sight, I had to ask Eric a few more questions on what I should be seeing in person versus my perceived expectation. Happily, the two are a perfect match. I didn''t want to put Eric in a difficult position should it not pan out.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2009 9:27:00 AM
Author: mochi
Beautiful stone!! I can''t wait to see you HALO ring!!!
Yeah, yeah, go ahead and rub it in. From no halos to a “double” halo. From planning something understand to going all out.
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2009 9:33:36 AM
Author: megeve
It looks awesome! Can''t wait to see it when its finished!

I have a Q for you: A stone of this value, do you get a cert for it from Swala?
Spinels are unheated and never treated, which is a plus. If it was a sapphire, then I''d get a cert, but not for a spinel.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to TGal, MC, AprilBaby, Cushioncutnut, Princessplease and Skippy for the admiration. I’m now waiting for an RMA number from WF. Once I get that, it’s goodbye Mahenge for a few weeks.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Chrono
Love the reds!

Mark,
Thanks for the compliment; saying it looks like a ruby is very kind. I think rubies are gorgeous but it is different in a way I cannot find the words to describe. An untreated ruby of that size is also very unaffordable and most likely to be only found in museums. Mmmm....perhaps you should consider Mahenges too?
11.gif
Yes, I purchased from Eric of Swala. TL is short for Tourmaline Lover, another poster here in PS who is also very knowledgeable with a discerning eye and a good friend.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2009 1:55:41 PM

Hi Chrono
Love the reds!

Mark,
Thanks for the compliment; saying it looks like a ruby is very kind. I think rubies are gorgeous but it is different in a way I cannot find the words to describe. An untreated ruby of that size is also very unaffordable and most likely to be only found in museums. Mmmm....perhaps you should consider Mahenges too?
11.gif
Yes, I purchased from Eric of Swala. TL is short for Tourmaline Lover, another poster here in PS who is also very knowledgeable with a discerning eye and a good friend.
Awwww shucks Chrono!!
love1.gif
How sweet of you!! I feel the same way about you!

BTW, I hope no one is barfing from our mutual admiration. LOL!!
emwink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results