shape
carat
color
clarity

M colored pendant?

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I've posted, but wondering if anyone has a M colored pendant. I know Catmom has a beautiful one and I'm hoping to see more. Any additional thoughts would be appreciated. I'm musing over a 1 ct stone with excellent cut. I don't mind warmth but wondering if it will be too warm ( whatever that means). I have H color studs. Will I see a color difference when wearing the pendant? Thanks! :wavey:

Q

Queenie60

I would suggest you take a look at some M colored stones in person to see how you like the look of the M. Personally, I feel that the warmer colors can be beautiful.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I think the color difference between H-color studs and an M-color pendant would be visible. Whether the color difference and/or the warmth of the M-color would bother you, I don't know. If you have the $$$ and the time and the protection of a solid return policy, perhaps buy the stone you're considering and inspect it in your own home/lighting and examine it next to your earrings.

For sure, if you want the studs and pendant to be matchy color-wise, I'd suggest going I/J for the pendant.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Queenie- I tried a couple local stores and no luck to see a M in person:(
Marymm- I won't have the luxury of a return so maybe it's better to hold off....
Thank you both for your replies.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not see a significant reason why any color difference between the studs and the pendant is a concern, if you already stated that you don't mind a M color stone.

People mix and match different jewelleries of different color tones.When I see and meet people, I never look at their studs and pendant at the same time and ensure the color of the diamonds matches. In fact, I never approach anyone so close that I can tell such difference. People wear cheap and ungraded diamonds from the mall all the times. I am sure many are wearing L, M, N stones without knowing. Not a once, I found myself saying "OMG, that diamond on her pendant is yellow compared to her studs/ring".. I have never been bothered because someone wears white gold earrings with a yellow gold necklace, and a handbag with silver hardware, either.

M color diamonds are relatively cheap. Have some fun with it if you can afford it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tigian, if you cannot see it in person before you purchase it and cannot return it in case you don't like it my advice is not to buy it. I think you really need to see it in person.

Yes you will see a difference b/w H and M (assuming they are both graded by the same place i.e. GIA). But for earrings and a pendant I don't see why you would have to match the color. Most people won't notice that anyway but the question is would you find the M beautiful.

Also is this an MRB or an old cut? IMO an M MRB is very different than an M OEC or OMC and again it needs to be seen in person IMO.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
There is definitely a noticeable difference in color between an H and M....but it is also just a different look you might enjoy? My I colored emerald cut in a bezel is my daily ring but I wear antique cut L color oec's as earrings. Their cut really makes them fireballs and the color difference doesn't bother me. I am working on an antique cut pendant which is in between the color range of my daily wear pieces.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
flyingpig-good points, thank you.
Missy-it's a 6.5 mm excellent cut MRB. I guess I'm not too concerned if others can see the color difference (most wouldn't), but more concerned that I will regret not going up in color. I really wish I could see it in person but it's a private seller, hence the no returns policy. oh well, maybe the stone will be gone by the time I make up my mind.

artdeco-I love drooling over the antique cuts in lower colors. So romantic! All my stones are MRB, but I appreciate your knowing your personal preferences. Thanks!

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
I have a K/L pendant and G color studs, and I won't wear them together because I don't like how the white studs made my pendant look dingy.

I love how the pendant looks when I wear it alone, though! I think I would be fine with an M. But I would not buy an M I couldn't return, since the undertones can vary so much and really affect the appearance.

refraction

Rough_Rock
Like others said, it's really your personal preference. But I think relative size of studs to pendant and the settings can play a role.

I have D/E colour studs 0.5 ctw set in white gold 3 prong martini settings. And I wear them daily with a 1ct N OEC in a 18kt yellow gold bezel pendant. Yes, they are obviously different colours, but to me they don't look weird worn together. Maybe because the earrings are so small and you can't really see their setting so they're just bright white dots on my ears, compared to my pendant which is more of a statement in a big yellow gold bezel.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I bought an M colored stone for a pendant. While you can tell the difference if you compare it to a higher colored stone, worn around your neck I doubt that it will show any color. I brought the M pendant to a PS get-together and everyone was surprised to find out it was an M. It is a Crafted by Infinity stone set in a platinum bezel. The cut is near perfection.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results