shape
carat
color
clarity

LV Surprise

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet,

Yes, I do have an black epi handbag. At least, I think that''s what it is...is it the one with the long leather "grains"?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beacon & Harriet,

I second what you said abt Prada. I have one Prada bag and one purse (the purse I've given away to one of my best friends) and I don't think they look what you pay for them.

Actually, Celine and Versace are kind of cr..p too, wear out really fast. Does anyone else find this?

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/13/2007 11:15:21 PM
Author: lienTN
Beacon & Harriet,

I second what you said abt Prada. I have one Prada bag and one purse (the purse I''ve given away to one of my best friends) and I don''t think they look what you pay for them.

Actually, Celine and Versace are kind of cr..p too, wear out really fast. Does anyone else find this?
Agree. My Versace aged 10 times faster than my LVs. What a waste of my money.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lien,

You''re right about the Epi. Wou''re also right about the durability of Prada -- I had a wallet that didn''t last long, and I''m the kind that treasures her things.

Come help me on my birthday present thread. please.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2007 6:15:53 PM
Author: diamondfan
I had an Epi wallet and it wore strangely. It is not my favorite of theirs. I love the Suhali but it is sooo heavy empty that I cannot imagine it filled with stuff...
Yes my sister''s Alma wore terribly in the firs t 6 months and she had to get the handles replaced. My epi is over 10 years old and looks brand new.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2007 11:42:46 PM
Author: katebar
Date: 5/13/2007 6:15:53 PM

Author: diamondfan

I had an Epi wallet and it wore strangely. It is not my favorite of theirs. I love the Suhali but it is sooo heavy empty that I cannot imagine it filled with stuff...
Yes my sister''s Alma wore terribly in the firs t 6 months and she had to get the handles replaced. My epi is over 10 years old and looks brand new.

Mine got this weird sticky feeling on it, guess from stuff in my purse, but it looked awful and got discolored. I never use it anymore.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, Harriet, going over there right now....

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Lien. You''ll see that I need more than 1 type of help.
2.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so this is the LV thread, huh?

Anyone have a secret drycleaner for the mini monogram canvas bags? I have one and it''s gotten horrible (in my estimation) and I want to have it cleaned, but no one wants to touch it, OR they are too shady to even be allowed to. I went to LV in a few places (actually each on I got to I ask) and they say wet cloth and soap. Not enough. I am going to destroy it with soap stains and instead of pitching it to the back of my closet, I figure it''s got one more shot...This is why Epi and vernis are SOOOOO much smarter. I can use those and never worry. I am not a big fan of Damier so much....

Also, any other info on the Berkeley? That was cute, and I am not a fan of the speedy, as it''s way too copied. But I like the doctor-bag look. I have always adored the Suhal Lockit in cream...*sigh* with my usage that would be destroyed in 5 minutes. Hence why I am not a bag person...but shoes...
30.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2007 4:42:17 PM
Author: Nicrez

Anyone have a secret drycleaner for the mini monogram canvas bags? I have one and it''s gotten horrible (in my estimation) and I want to have it cleaned, but no one wants to touch it, OR they are too shady to even be allowed to. I went to LV in a few places (actually each on I got to I ask) and they say wet cloth and soap. Not enough. I am going to destroy it with soap stains and instead of pitching it to the back of my closet, I figure it''s got one more shot...This is why Epi and vernis are SOOOOO much smarter. I can use those and never worry. I am not a big fan of Damier so much....

Also, any other info on the Berkeley? That was cute, and I am not a fan of the speedy, as it''s way too copied. But I like the doctor-bag look. I have always adored the Suhal Lockit in cream...*sigh* with my usage that would be destroyed in 5 minutes. Hence why I am not a bag person...but shoes...
30.gif
I am afraid that the LV people here in s''pore have told me NOT to dry clean their canvas bags. They say that their canvas is already pre-treated and if you were to dry-clean them, you''d make it worse. Sorry i can''t be of help.
8.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 4:42:17 PM

30.gif
Hallak on 65th and 2nd? I don''t know if they''ll do your canvas bag, but Tod''s sends people there.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Speaking of drycleaning I have a doozie. A silk Hermes scarf, MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE EVER, but I loaned it to a friend who had to wear it and she got...TAR on it. Not just one spot. Looks like she had it around her head, it blew off and as she chased it down Lexington, it hit a patch of fresh ...TAR. I got it from her months later. I understand her sadness and remorse, but I wanted to ring her sweet little neck. However, I have not brought it to my regular dry cleaner who is good for something but looked at it and said, NO WAY! ...
32.gif
...HELP!

My poor bag I will now try Hallak? (THANKS HARRIET!) but for silk scarves? Anyone?

Lien, they said they pretreated to me too, when I brought it back to get it cleaned a while ago, but it is a MAGNET for dirt! I seriously ues it infrequently and stored it in the bag on my closet shelf. Nothing else around. I was careful with it, but still little spots accumulated... Anyone else have this issue????

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hallak does very high-end cleaning. They might be able to rescue your scarf.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2007 3:20:23 PM
Speaking of drycleaning I have a doozie. A silk Hermes scarf, MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE EVER, but I loaned it to a friend who had to wear it and she got...TAR on it. Not just one spot. Looks like she had it around her head, it blew off and as she chased it down Lexington, it hit a patch of fresh ...TAR. I got it from her months later. I understand her sadness and remorse, but I wanted to ring her sweet little neck. However, I have not brought it to my regular dry cleaner who is good for something but looked at it and said, NO WAY! ...
32.gif
...HELP!

My poor bag I will now try Hallak? (THANKS HARRIET!) but for silk scarves? Anyone?

Lien, they said they pretreated to me too, when I brought it back to get it cleaned a while ago, but it is a MAGNET for dirt! I seriously ues it infrequently and stored it in the bag on my closet shelf. Nothing else around. I was careful with it, but still little spots accumulated... Anyone else have this issue????
OMG!! If anyone did that to my beloved Hermes scarves, I would absolutely kill them! That's like loaning someone yr diamond ring and they chipped the diamond. Well, ok, maybe not so drastic, but still!! Urgh!! I feel mad for you!! Has your friend offered to buy you another Hermes? She should! Then you can decide whether or not you want to take her up on her offer. Personally, if I'd done that to someone, I'd just buy them another Hermes as well as give back their original scarf.

I am sorry to hear abt your LV bag. I really wouln't know what to do. Why don't you take it (as well as the scarf) to the place Harriet suggested and see what they say. It's really weird because I have 2 fabric LV's, one is the denim (well dirt wouldn't show up on this anyway) and the other is made of beige canvas material and I haven't had any problem with obvious stains or dirt on either. Just curious, do you put yr bags on the floor and/ or let others touch it? I am quite particular with my bags (verging on obsessed actually!!
3.gif
), I never leave them on the floor, almost always the table or chair, and no-one touches my bags, ever! Well, maybe my best friends, but not just anyone! Some people have filthy hands and I don't mean to sound horrible or snobbish but I've seen how people wash (or rather not wash) their hands in public bathrooms, YUCK!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results