shape
carat
color
clarity

LV Surprise

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
I love your new bag Jewels. I''m considering getting my first LV soon. Would you mind posting a few more photos of your PH as a hand held bag? Thanks! I can''t decide between PH, Alma, and Batignolles. I''ve seen a few photos of the new Berkeley coming out soon, but I''m not sure if it will be available in Monogram canvas, which is what I want for my first LV. :)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jewels,

He he
9.gif
. I've often had the same thought myself. I've managed to collect close to 20 LV bags/ purses etc. and have wondered if I hadn't collected all these bags (some of them I've bought for myself but most were given to me by DH and best friend), what/ how many diamonds I would have ended up with (?!). It's a tough call!
3.gif
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have never seen the Berekely, is it a good overall bag? I personally like some of their newer styles, I just think they look cool.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
diamondfan--I saw it on the purse forum site. Hopefully this image will come up. I hope it comes out in monogram canvas.

LV Berkeley

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Cpster. I managed to get one decent pic. Hope it helps.

Good to hear that you are getting your first LV soon. Get one in mono as it will never go out of style. I have bought so many designer bags over the years: Prada, Versaci, Polo and Bree. I have outgrown all of them but I still love and enjoy my Mono LVs.

Here is my input:

PH
- fits a lot of stuff
- has a pull-tab zipper
- adjustable straps (my fav feature in this bag)
- came out in late 04 or earlyy 05, so not too many people have this bag
- modern looking

Alma
- classic
- bag is quite big so you have to be at least 5''5 for it to look proportionate
- been around forever so this bag is quite common
- love those handles
- very classy

Batignolles
- tried on this bag at the store
- very cute and versitile
- smaller than the above bags
- does not have a zipper (I would feel very insecure)
- love the price

The best is to go in with a friend and try on like 10 bags. May I suggest the Speedy 25 or 30 as well? Good luck, please keep me posted on the progress.

PH11111.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Lien, oh my.....can you post your collection? Would love to see all of them. Diamonds or LVs, hahaha.....Now I am totally in the LV mode. DH would at least agree that a LV is a cheaper solution.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 7:18:57 PM
Author: cpster
diamondfan--I saw it on the purse forum site. Hopefully this image will come up. I hope it comes out in monogram canvas.

LV Berkeley

It did not work!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Jewels,

I''d be glad to post my collection. Might take a while since I am not that good at taking photos nor posting them (don''t know how to re-size, trying to learn) so I may have to ask Irina to post the pics, again! I also have some Gucci (don''t like them as much as LV, they don''t seem to last as long), Ferragamo, Celine and Prada - though not as many. Shall I post them too?

DF, I don''t know what bag that is (cpster, I can''t open that link!
8.gif
). It may very well be that I already have it but don''t even know what it''s called. To be honest, I don''t know what most of my LV''s are called. When I am in my "LV mood" - which is not so often these days, thank God - I just walk into an LV store and if I see something I like and it looks good on me, I''ll buy it.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know a couple of the names, the Roxbury, the Houston, the Tulum, the Beverly...I have quite a few LV bags, at least 15, and while I do not know the names of all of them, I would recognize them...

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Lien - no worries, take a few pics when you have the time. LV pics will do. Now I am so curious to see what you have and how well they have aged.

DF - I see that you have a few from the vernis line. That is my fav line after the Mono. Now, I would love to see your entire LV collection. May I request for a pic pretty please when you have a chance? No rush.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jewels, I will.

I have mostly the "regular" monogram stuff, though i've tried to venture out and buy a few other designs/ colours. So far, i am loving them. LV tends to age very very well (well, the leather straps/ handles/ "bottoms" etc. do get darker and darker over time). I bought my first LV purse when I was 16 (or was it 17?) many yrs ago and have only had the lining replaced once. This is exactly the reason why I prefer LV over other makes, as they really are timeless and if you think abt it, value for money.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a couple in the vernis that I do not even have names for, one is a small light blue one that has a flap and a longer strap, and one is in the bronze color and has a rounded bottom. I also have a burgundy and a blue small bag that is like the vernis but not shiny, more of a metallic finish, it also came in black, which looked more like a dark metallic graphite. I have a small one in a pony, a dark and light brown checked design...it is cute, not sure what that is called either...

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Jewels...thanks so much for posting the new photos. The PH is definately in the running for me.

Okay, here is Berkeley. The gals of the purse forum say it won't be out until June or July. I can't wait to see it in monogram canvas though. What do you all think?

berkeley.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it, it is an interesting shape. a bit like a modified speedy...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2007 1:03:12 AM
Author: cpster
Jewels...thanks so much for posting the new photos. The PH is definately in the running for me.

Okay, here is Berkeley. The gals of the purse forum say it won''t be out until June or July. I can''t wait to see it in monogram canvas though. What do you all think?
I looooove the dark brown one!!! It''s like a doctor bag, but much more attractice and classic.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I prefer the one on the left, but that''s because I already have quite a few of the darker coloured LV bags. They''re both timeless. You can''t go wrong with either one.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jewels,

Just realised I didn''t respond to your other point.

I don''t have that many diamonds, nowhere close to what DF has, or Kaleigh or Widget, just to mention a few of the incredible collections that many PS''ers have.

Plus, I gave/ loaned quite a few items to my Mom, who lives in England. From time to time, I will borrow some back but Mom has given / loaned some of these to my sisters and SIL''s.

Here''s a list of what I have in my possession. Let me know if you want me to post pics:

1) a 3.02 carat F VS2 RB, posted in the SMTR thread (it''s supposed to be re-set in a style a la Lynn B''s, but I am still thinking of upgrading to a 4 carat RB or a 4-5 carat cushion, of the same or better colour, and same or slightly lower clarity to save money), very very firey, my most prized possession (for the time being)

2) a pair of studs, G VVS2, total carat weight is just over 2 carats

3) dangling diamond earrings, E-F colour, VVS-VS2 quality, tcwt is 3.25carats, very very blingy

4) a 3-stone diamond RHR, G-H colour, IF-VS2, tcwt is 2.2 I think

5) an eternity band, currently being made, also of E-F, VVS-VS quality

6) a heart pendant (made up of mele diamonds), very white, E-F, VVS-VS quality

7) a 2 carat uncertified RB diamond pendant, not sure of colour and clarity, looks like E, VVS, cut not that nice

8) a tennis bracelet, again not sure of colour and clarity, but very white and clean, and sparkling

9) a Rolex watch with diamonds on the face/ dial thingy (not sure what''s called)

10) a Tiffany Atlas RHR

11) another pair of diamond earrings, cheaper, for when I am travelling

12) three pearl necklaces of different sizes and lengths

13) various pieces of gold jewellery

That''s it, I think! No coloured gemstones or coloured diamonds, though I am currently considering purchasing a pair of intense yellow pear-shaped diamond earrings from DBL and a beautiful inexpensive Aquamarine stone locally.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I just realised that maybe I should have posted the list in SMTR!! I think I will do that, pics to follow....

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
cpster, both bags are nice but I know what you mean when you said you hope LV will make one in the Mono line. I think LV most likely will not make it in Mono as they usually do not make the same design in 2 different lines. But if you have to choose between the two, I would say the Damier, the darker one. The Damier Azur (one on the left) is nice too but I think it''s more of a Spring/Summer bag. Also, keep in mind that once the vachetta turns darker, it may not look that good against the light canvas.

Anyway, I can''t wait to see what you end up with
1.gif

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Lien, saw your SMTR tread. Love all your bling bling. You have a great taste.

Can you post your LVs here? I am dying to see them. No rush, when you get a chance.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does anyone like the Epi leather?

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I like the epi a lot but it doesn't look good on me. Maybe in a very small purse it would be good but otherwise it overwhelmes me somehow.

I very much like that ph bag posted above.

I do agree with the safe bet on the monogram bags. I got a carry all (bigger than a purse, smaller than a suitcase, sort of a duffle bag) in high school and it still looks good and that's a long time ago
6.gif
! Very timeless and I still use it on short trips.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beacon,
What else is in your purse collection? I can''t imagine having an LV in high school!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2007 4:34:24 PM
Author: Harriet
Does anyone like the Epi leather?
Harriet I have a red Epi Petit Noe and I love it love it. I love how deep and rich Epi''s look and they are so much more forgiving for wear than the monogram IMO.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are durable. I had a red Epi wallet that I used for years. I also have a cream Epi Alma that''s holding up very well. I have a soft spot for Epi because my very first good purse was one.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had an Epi wallet and it wore strangely. It is not my favorite of theirs. I love the Suhali but it is sooo heavy empty that I cannot imagine it filled with stuff...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the white Suhali, but I''m sure i''ll make a mess of it.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2007 5:10:42 PM
Author: Harriet
Beacon,
What else is in your purse collection? I can't imagine having an LV in high school!
Well to be sure I didn't take that bag to school with me everyday - it's an overnight carrying bag.

I am not much of a purse buyer. Most of my life I used Coach bags, back in the days when Coach made plain, sturdy, leather bags with no razzle dazzle to them. Now I use run of the mill miscellanous brands including Tiagnello and Francesco Biasia.

I do freely admit to lusting over the Prada nylon (ok, I'll try and put a nicer word on it - Tessuto) gauffres bag. I love the Spring 07 bright color ones, especially the green and blue. But I am trying to get over my affection b/c it is somewhat against my better sense to pay $1650 for a nylon handbag. The leather ones are out of the question b/c I will destroy it within 48 hours at the outside.

I am pretty practical - jewelry is durable and, done right, never goes out of style!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2007 6:59:28 PM
Author: Beacon

Well to be sure I didn''t take that bag to school with me everyday - it''s an overnight carrying bag.

I am not much of a purse buyer. Most of my life I used Coach bags, back in the days when Coach made plain, sturdy, leather bags with no razzle dazzle to them. Now I use run of the mill miscellanous brands including Tiagnello and Francesco Biasia.

I do freely admit to lusting over the Prada nylon (ok, I''ll try and put a nicer word on it - Tessuto) gauffres bag. I love the Spring 07 bright color ones, especially the green and blue. But I am trying to get over my affection b/c it is somewhat against my better sense to pay $1650 for a nylon handbag. The leather ones are out of the question b/c I will destroy it within 48 hours at the outside.

I am pretty practical - jewelry is durable and, done right, never goes out of style!
The Prada nylon is overpriced and fragile. I got one as a gift, and it tore before long.
You''ve got your priorities right!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jewels, thank you! You''re too kind.

I will post pics of my LV collection soon....promise!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results