shape
carat
color
clarity

Luxurious Indulgence

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found ebay and bought myself a new ring :)

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
The prenatal massage was fantastic! I highly recommend it to any preggos!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We really enjoy getting take out once a week, and I''m looking forward to doing that either tonight or tomorrow night. I''m craving Indian right now and we haven''t had that in a long time.

I''m also getting my haircut tomorrow, and I''m spending more than I usually would.

Yssie -- I hope you feel better soon!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
My recent luxuries have been a pair pearl studs and a fishtail solitare mount. I''m looking forward to finding a light pink spinel or sapphire to set in the fishtail mount.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank so much guys, the commiseration is greatly appreciated. There is potential, a great deal of it actually, for things to turn around. So... crossing my fingers. Any spare dust would be hugely appreciated as well.
21.gif

Tomorrow, there is a chance of Pinkberry. So... guess what I'm gonna be indulging in? YUM!

I'm randomly craving smoked salmon and good bagels now. And a cute little dog to pet. I'll have to make do with a Nook and a cat. Assuming one of my cats deigns to cuddle thier momma. Little buggers.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2010 3:28:38 AM
Author: Gypsy
Thank so much guys, the commiseration is greatly appreciated. There is potential, a great deal of it actually, for things to turn around. So... crossing my fingers. Any spare dust would be hugely appreciated as well.
21.gif

Tomorrow, there is a chance of Pinkberry. So... guess what I''m gonna be indulging in? YUM!

I''m randomly craving smoked salmon and good bagels now. And a cute little dog to pet. I''ll have to make do with a Nook and a cat. Assuming one of my cats deigns to cuddle thier momma. Little buggers.

Pinkberry? What is that? I will add to the list of people dusting you for a positive and quick turn around!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sara -- Pinkberry is a frozen yogurt chain that''s in certain parts of the US.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2010 3:28:38 AM
Author: Gypsy
Tomorrow, there is a chance of Pinkberry.
Cloudy With A Chance of Pinkberry ... love it! + dust of course.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
This thread has made me realize I need to indulge more.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I don''t know how I missed this thread, but I want to give you ****DUST**** to lift your spirits and turn all of your really bad days into good ones very soon.
36.gif
35.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I bought myself a Clarisonic and received it yesterday - using it this evening will certainly be a luxurious indulgence! I can''t wait :)

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 12:07:06 PM
Author: decodelighted

Sorry to hear about your super bad days Gypsy! Hope things are turning around. Or turning up blingy.

Ditto Gypsy :) Well said Deco :)

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2010 12:42:03 PM
Author: Haven

I am SO not a morning person, which is why this year is the first time in my life that I can actually do this every morning. (I teach until 10 PM two nights a week,and 6:30 the other two nights, so I never start work before 3 PM. It''s not an ideal schedule, but I do love having my mornings free! The dog and I wake up around 9 every morning, which is super late compared to when I taught high school and had to be up by 5 at the latest.)

I make a fresh pot of coffee and eggs every day, either an omelet or sunny side up. Then I''ll make hash browns or skillet potatoes or just some toast and jam, and I''ll cut up some fresh veggies usually, too. I''m allergic to a lot of fruits, so I''d LOVE to eat fruit every morning but can''t. Nothing fancy, but man oh man does it taste good when I can really take my time and enjoy it. I really feel like it''s the greatest luxury I''ve experienced since I quit my job.

On the weekends I always make pancakes.
18.gif
I love breakfast.

I want to come to your house for breakfast Haven - it''s my favourite meal!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
and tonnes of DUST to Gypsy as requested! :) good luck

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I splurged on a few spring-blooming annuals for my flowerbeds, though it''s still a bit cold in CO and it would have been wise to hold off for a few weeks. I think looking out my window at bright, blooming flowers is quite a luxury, especially when it is dreary outside and most gardens are still brown, grey and dead-looking. Hoping they last through this yucky bit of rain and cool temps!

This thread is quite enjoyable to read- thanks, Gypsy! From pedis to jewelry to warm breakfasts, so many things can be luxe and wonderful!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
We went together to look for a patio set last Tuesday. Since the boxes were too large to take with us, we had it shipped for $70. On the way home, K said he thought it was too much money. I replied by saying I had the $$$ to cover it - not a problem, but if he wanted me to cancel the order I would. Twice in the two days between purchase and delivery, the cost of said set was raised and then rebutted. Thursday it arrived. I was elated; hubby was super critical. I think he wants me to return it (for another $70). I''m thinking...
4.gif
And that, my dear PS friends, was the highlight of our week!
20.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2010 12:34:07 AM
Author:Gypsy
Now, everyone''s definitions of what a luxury is are different. One person''s luxury might be another''s frivious expense, or necessity... so let''s avoid the judgy.

What are some luxuries you indulged in this week? Did you recommend those luxuries, or should we pass?

I got my hair done at a nice salon, including highlights, and paid someone else to do my eyebrows. Planning on a mani/ pedi this week too. Highly recommend.
I had my hair done too! I went to a new stylist and she did a great job. Not only did she cut my hair well, her and I totally hit it off! Yah! I like the stylist I have been seeing but had an appointment in another part of Seattle, so I lucked out and found a great new one!!!

That''s about it. I''ve been careful with my $ lately. I DID buy a 6-pack of microbrew and am enjoying one right now.

Maybe after a few more, my posts will liven up!
9.gif

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
*Fresh cut flowers
*Starbucks
*Mani/Pedi
*"Spa Day"
*Magazines

**My husband and I have been doing the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University for the last year (will be totally debt free by the end of this year--woohoo!) so all the fun little extras I listed above have been drastically cut back
8.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I took a bubble bath today with L''Occitane lavender bubble bath. It was heavenly!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2010 12:42:03 PM
Date: 4/15/2010 11:43:38 AM

Author: elledizzy5

Date: 4/15/2010 11:41:36 AM

I cook a full, hot brea

What do you make, Haven?

I''d love to be able to do that but I''m not exactly what one would call a ''Morning Person''
3.gif

I am SO not a morning person, which is why this year is the first time in my life that I can actually do this every morning. (I teach until 10 PM two nights a week,and 6:30 the other two nights, so I never start work before 3 PM. It''s not an ideal schedule, but I do love having my mornings free! The dog and I wake up around 9 every morning, which is super late compared to when I taught high school and had to be up by 5 at the latest.)

I make a fresh pot of coffee and eggs every day, either an omelet or sunny side up. Then I''ll make hash browns or skillet potatoes or just some toast and jam, and I''ll cut up some fresh veggies usually, too. I''m allergic to a lot of fruits, so I''d LOVE to eat fruit every morning but can''t. Nothing fancy, but man oh man does it taste good when I can really take my time and enjoy it. I really feel like it''s the greatest luxury I''ve experienced since I quit my job.

On the weekends I always make pancakes.
18.gif
I love breakfast.

Haven, you sound like you''d fit in well with my sisters and I. We are HUGE breakfast fans. If you are looking for something a little different, try sweet potato skillet potatoes. They are awesome!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Going to brunch tomorrrow with Hubby... I was a golf widow this weekend.. Then going to buy new patio furniture.. Hey I have lived with the same stuff for over 20 years... Time for some new digs!!!
10.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ben & Jerry''s ice cream...out of the tub...so very wonderful! I rarely buy Ben & Jerry''s, it''s pretty expensive at £4 ($6.50) for one of those little tubs.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
I treat myself to a mouth watering sushi lunch once a week at a restaurant near work...

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I broke down and spent big bucks on my first Dr. Perricone skin cream. (Cold Plasma, it''s supposed to be a miracle in a jar). I''ll see in thirty days if it was worth it.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2010 11:00:27 AM
Author: gemgirl
I broke down and spent big bucks on my first Dr. Perricone skin cream. (Cold Plasma, it''s supposed to be a miracle in a jar). I''ll see in thirty days if it was worth it.
Please let us know if it is worth it
1.gif
A miracle would be nice
17.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d like to get my hair cut/colored, a pedicure and my eyebrows waxed. Maybe that would help me feel pretty again and help me get the gumption to get back on the work out/eat right wagon.

Moo lattes or coffee drinks are my normal indulgence. (hence the need to get back on aforementioned wagon!)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I treated myself to a Starbucks Mocha...a few times! Highly recommend!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2010 12:03:04 PM
Author: jsm
Smoked salmon. It''s so expensive but I buy a few ounces weekly and eat it straight whenever I feel the need.

ditto. I did the same this week. I adore smoked salmon-would eat it every day if I could.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results