shape
carat
color
clarity

Luxurious Indulgence

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now, everyone''s definitions of what a luxury is are different. One person''s luxury might be another''s frivious expense, or necessity... so let''s avoid the judgy.

What are some luxuries you indulged in this week? Did you recommend those luxuries, or should we pass?

I got my hair done at a nice salon, including highlights, and paid someone else to do my eyebrows. Planning on a mani/ pedi this week too. Highly recommend.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Frozen yogurt.
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
does a new 40" LCD TV for my BR count as luxurious indulgence?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2010 1:02:56 AM
Author: neatfreak
Frozen yogurt.
2.gif
Necessity at this point. LOL. I didn''t get any today and I am sad.

DF-- your definition is the only one that matters. So I''d say so!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I had a facial and it was just lovely!

I don''t often drink these days, but I had exams over the last few weeks and DH brought a bottle of Jack Daniels home to celebrate the end of them. I really enjoyed a little of that, it felt like a real treat. I had it with a splash of coke, which is something else I don''t usually drink, so overall it felt quite decadent!

My smaller indulgence is creme de la mer or la Prairie. DH gets me one or the other from the gorgeous department store near his office a couple of times a year and they give me a little luxury moment every day. Totally indulgent, because I do suspect that nivea would do the same job, but I love it and I love that he goes and gets them for me. I think 50% of the luxury is that he puts in the effort, since the skincare counter isn''t really his natural habitat.
9.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took Monday off to make up for the fact that I was down with the crud all weekend. I started the day with a luxurious soak in the tub. I spent the rest of the morning taking care of deferred chores and errands, but the afternoon was all me time. In this case it was a trip to the outlet mall "just because", and lunch and dinner out to sit-down restaurants. It wasn''t an overly expensive day but I loved it.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I hate buying home magazines; they are so expensive!

So.... I bought a bulk (3) pack of home magazines. It was €9.50
15.gif
(
9.gif
)
One was kitchen designs, the next home and garden and the last a home decor mag. mmmhhhh I love to look at glossy pictures of fancy rooms.....
30.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We ordered take-out last night because we were both too tired to cook. That's def an extra indulgence because we try to limit eating out toonly once a week (mostly because home cooking is most healthy and nutritious). Also, I have decided to spend 13$ every Friday to catch a cab so I can catch an earlier train and be home from work by 6pm.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I love pedicures and they are pretty much my only regular indulgence. But I''m in FL and we wear flip flops or sandals year round, so I consider it a necessity!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I went out for a nice dinner at one of my favorite restaurants this weekend on a whim because they happened to have an open reservation. Logically, I realize spending money on food is a waste, but I just don''t care. It was delicious and made my night.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I bought a new book and went into Starbucks for a latte after an afternoon appointment, and sat in the corner reading for half an hour. I could have run errands, but that seldom had latte and reading material was fantastic and much needed at that point. It was more the luxury of those 30 minutes that felt illicit. I like it, LOL.

ETA: Yes, I recommend stealing 30 minutes and having a not often sought treat.
5.gif

ETAA: I've also spend an inordinate amount of time petting my new Coach purse (purchased last week). I've never had a real leather bag before. I kind of feel like I have a new pet.
9.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
This past weekend my husband and I went and bought 2 great chairs for our front porch as well as some gorgeous hanging plants. It''s hard for me to pay full price for anything after years of getting fantastic discounts on clothing, so buying the chairs seemed like a luxury! And my porch looks so nice and homey now-it makes me happy everytime I come in or out of the house. So I highly recommend springing for some nice outdoor furniture!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Last weekend I spent $30 on Kate Spade stockings, while I legitimately did need a new pair I certainly could''ve spent half that on another brand.

This Friday and Sunday DH and I have plans to go out to dinner with friends- but there''s a new chinese place I really want to try so we''re also going to order in on Saturday. It''s completely unnecessary but I''m very excited and I figure since we have nothing to eat in our apartment any we''d need to find something!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had a fancy dinner out with my very best friend in the world and her boyfriend at a *new* place I''d never tried but heard raves about from folks I trust. LOVE to try new places. LOVE my friend (who lives far away so I rarely see her). NEVER hardly get to eat out *with* DH because of DH''s digestion issues. And it was just a SUPER FANTASTIC TREAT all around with some of the best mussels I''ve ever had and the most amazing dessert ever: Butterscotchy Puddingy Salty Caramelly craziness. And the conversation was fantastic. DH & her boyfriend got along terrifically. Fantastic, indulgent, luxurious night of the best kind. RECOMMEND!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I get a mani/pedi every week here - it is 2-3 hours of enjoyment for $13 or $14 american - you can''t beat that! I still haven''t incorporated a massage hour into my week but its on my to-do list. I cannot believe how busy I''ve been here.

I got this yesterday. DQ Heath and Cookie Dough blizzard :D

I then sent a picture to FI to be mean.

ETA, I plan on a mani-pedi soon too. Almost got one yesterday too!

dqblizzardyum.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
we went out to my favorite restaurant and got my favorite dessert. It''s a bit pricier but it was my birthday so we indulged this time.

I also got a new ring for myself hehe, the emerald. It''s in SMTB/SMTR

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am in DIRE need of a mani/pedi.

That will likely be my next indulgence.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I''m heading to Miami tomorrow on a last-minute trip with my best friend (she had 3 free nights at a hotel burning a hole in her suitcase...)...

...where we will get mani-pedis. And sit on the beach in the sun if it doesn''t rain. And dip our freshly pedicured tootsies in the ocean.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Pedicures are my only real *regular* indulgence, but I haven''t had one done this week.

My husband bought me a bouquet of yellow tulips yesterday, and they''re sitting in a vase on our kitchen table. I smile every time I see them. Another completely worth it ''luxury,'' in my opinion.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I love buying kitchen equipment and trying out new things, so this week I bought masa flour and a tortilla press
9.gif
I don''t know if that counts as a typical luxury, but it makes me excited. And I think having fresh tortillas every week instead of store-bought will be a luxury.

Tonight DH has a late basketball game, so I''m gonna pick up a bottle of wine and maybe a pizza (a local grocery store makes awesome bake-at-home pizzas) for dinner.
18.gif

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, in the indulgence category, so far I think I and the DH win. We bought a Miata this last weekend.

It IS a 2001, so it isn''t brand new, but I''ve NEVER bought a car like that before, or just plunked down cash for one. It is a necessity and an indulgence. Strictly speaking we don''t need another car, but we need another car that I can actually drive, since all the other ones my husband owns, require you to walk widdershins around them three times and sacrifice a chicken simply in order to start, and another chicken to be sure it runs for the duration YOU specify. (They''re MG''s, which should tell you something). So now we have one that I can actually drive in case of something wrong with mine. And now we have to get RID of one of the MG''s. Yay! (One of them I''m not fond of at all)

Now I just have to get in some practice driving it, since it''s a 6-speed and I haven''t owned a stick in 25 years. So far so good, no wrecks and no embarrassment. But after some more petrolhead lessons from the car-obsesseed hubs, I should be a menace with the top down! Muwahahahaha!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Quality champagne and red wine. Highly recommend if you imbibe and can tolerate.

cheers--Sharon

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
You know I reallly do not have many indulgences anymore..it's so sad! We're saving and saving for this house project and other things, so even the most minor splurges/indulgences are first to go. I do indulge in my daughter and bought her an overpriced kitchen yesterday, so maybe that counts.

PS this is why I get annoyed with those who bash splurges or make assumptions. Sometimes a splurge is necessary for mental health and is not an indigation of the person's regular spending habits.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I can''t think of a single indulgence all week.. terrible me!

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Ditto the eyebrow waxing. It was so nice to have someone do it for me while I sat back and thought about nothing!

DF and I went to our favorite expensive sushi restaurant this week in celebration of DF playing a huge role in his firm acquiring a very, very well-known company as a client. Spent way too much for two people but it was soooo worth it.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing lately, as I'm saving to decorate our new house. I refuse to pay for anything in credit anymore, so it may take a while! I did take myself to Aveda for a nice cut and color, but their prices aren't outlandish.

Before that, my e-ring was I guess a luxury purchase, but we saved for 3 years to buy it. I do spend money on quality skin care and durable shoes. I believe most of the time you get what you pay for, so I prioritize what needs to be top dollar and what doesn't.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I bought a VS Bombshell bra yesterday. Did I need a new bra? No. Do I love the way it makes "the girls" look? Yes. So in my eyes it became a necessity as soon as I tried it on. DH on the other hand would say it is frivilous.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I cook a full, hot breakfast for myself every morning of the week, and I take a nice, long time to enjoy it. I either sit outside in our beautiful backyard if it''s nice enough out, or I sit at my beautiful dining table and look out the wall of windows into my backyard. I take nice, hot sips of coffee after relishing that most wonderful of morning scents--fresh java. And I usually get to see some beautiful birds in the yard, too.

Yes, I highly recommend this to others.

I don''t tend to spend *money* on luxuries, but I definitely indulge my *time* on things that rejuvenate and inspire. Prior to quitting my high school teaching job last year I was never able to eat a hot breakfast on a weekday, and one of my goals was to do that as often as possible this year.

Added benefit: I''ve lost weight. Who knew the experts were telling the truth when they said eating a good breakfast is important?
2.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2010 11:41:36 AM
Author: Haven
I cook a full, hot breakfast for myself every morning of the week, and I take a nice, long time to enjoy it. I either sit outside in our beautiful backyard if it''s nice enough out, or I sit at my beautiful dining table and look out the wall of windows into my backyard. I take nice, hot sips of coffee after relishing that most wonderful of morning scents--fresh java. And I usually get to see some beautiful birds in the yard, too.

Yes, I highly recommend this to others.

I don''t tend to spend *money* on luxuries, but I definitely indulge my *time* on things that rejuvenate and inspire. Prior to quitting my high school teaching job last year I was never able to eat a hot breakfast on a weekday, and one of my goals was to do that as often as possible this year.

Added benefit: I''ve lost weight. Who knew the experts were telling the truth when they said eating a good breakfast is important?
2.gif
What do you make, Haven?

I''d love to be able to do that but I''m not exactly what one would call a "Morning Person"
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results