shape
carat
color
clarity

Luxurious Indulgence

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
3 new bridal magazines. I quickly flipped through them last night with my SO, I look forward to sitting down during some quiet time and really getting into them!! I love figuring out all the details.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Smoked salmon. It''s so expensive but I buy a few ounces weekly and eat it straight whenever I feel the need. Yesterday I came home from work and tore immediately into it. DH knew I wasn''t cooking last night! Awesome.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2010 11:43:38 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Date: 4/15/2010 11:41:36 AM
Author: Haven
I cook a full, hot brea
What do you make, Haven?
I''d love to be able to do that but I''m not exactly what one would call a ''Morning Person''
3.gif
I am SO not a morning person, which is why this year is the first time in my life that I can actually do this every morning. (I teach until 10 PM two nights a week,and 6:30 the other two nights, so I never start work before 3 PM. It''s not an ideal schedule, but I do love having my mornings free! The dog and I wake up around 9 every morning, which is super late compared to when I taught high school and had to be up by 5 at the latest.)

I make a fresh pot of coffee and eggs every day, either an omelet or sunny side up. Then I''ll make hash browns or skillet potatoes or just some toast and jam, and I''ll cut up some fresh veggies usually, too. I''m allergic to a lot of fruits, so I''d LOVE to eat fruit every morning but can''t. Nothing fancy, but man oh man does it taste good when I can really take my time and enjoy it. I really feel like it''s the greatest luxury I''ve experienced since I quit my job.

On the weekends I always make pancakes.
18.gif
I love breakfast.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2010 12:42:03 PM

Date: 4/15/2010 11:43:38 AM

I cook a full, hot brea
What do you make, Haven?
I''d love to be able to do that but I''m not exactly what one would call a ''Morning Person''
3.gif
I am SO not a morning person, which is why this year is the first time in my life that I can actually do this every morning. (I teach until 10 PM two nights a week,and 6:30 the other two nights, so I never start work before 3 PM. It''s not an ideal schedule, but I do love having my mornings free! The dog and I wake up around 9 every morning, which is super late compared to when I taught high school and had to be up by 5 at the latest.)

I make a fresh pot of coffee and eggs every day, either an omelet or sunny side up. Then I''ll make hash browns or skillet potatoes or just some toast and jam, and I''ll cut up some fresh veggies usually, too. I''m allergic to a lot of fruits, so I''d LOVE to eat fruit every morning but can''t. Nothing fancy, but man oh man does it taste good when I can really take my time and enjoy it. I really feel like it''s the greatest luxury I''ve experienced since I quit my job.

On the weekends I always make pancakes.
18.gif
I love breakfast.
I''m sending DH over to your house for a week. I need to eat something for breakfast every morning, but I am so not a breakfast foods person. I''ll only eat pancakes if they have chocolate chips in them
18.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a clarisonic OPAL. I am not sure if I am going to keep it. We will see. I do see a benefit. I bought my daughter a microwave for her new apartment! Don''t know if that is exactly a luxury, but she

and her husband are finally moving back in together. We bought them a lot when they got married, then they split and most of their stuff was lost. DH was determined that they do this all on their own this

time, but I couldn''t help myself. He just gave me the eye-roll. The man knows me, what can I say. I went without a microwave a few months ago and I was shocked by how much I used it on a daily basis.

It is a necessity if you can afford to buy it easily, and a luxury if it is hard....

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
I treated myself to a Starbucks iced coffee with a little bit of soy milk today. I recommend if it''s over 70 degrees!
10.gif

Although Caribou''s iced coffee is better.
9.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2010 1:23:31 PM
Author: luv2sparkle
I bought a clarisonic OPAL. I am not sure if I am going to keep it. We will see. I do see a benefit. I bought my daughter a microwave for her new apartment! Don''t know if that is exactly a luxury, but she and her husband are finally moving back in together. We bought them a lot when they got married, then they split and most of their stuff was lost. DH was determined that they do this all on their own this time, but I couldn''t help myself. He just gave me the eye-roll. The man knows me, what can I say. I went without a microwave a few months ago and I was shocked by how much I used it on a daily basis.

It is a necessity if you can afford to buy it easily, and a luxury if it is hard....
That was really nice of you, luv2sparkle. I bet your daughter really appreciated it.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I bought myself tulips at Trader Joe''s last night. Totally worth it!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Biggest indulgence this past week was taking 2 days off work and not going anywhere (staycation). So, just lots of spending time with kids outside since the weather was glorious.

Ironically in the effort to save money I have been very good about not buying gemstones and jewelry, that''s the indulgence I''ve really been hankering for. I mean I''m good, but I''m still HUMAN. $50 sunglasses or $50 necklace (peridot bezel necklace) what do you think?

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2010 1:33:34 PM
Author: ts44
I treated myself to a Starbucks iced coffee with a little bit of soy milk today. I recommend if it''s over 70 degrees!
10.gif

Although Caribou''s iced coffee is better.
9.gif

I LOVE Caribou!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven, we have gotten in the habit of making big breakfasts in the morning. It kills our schedule for getting out the door, but the kids (and I) love it. This week so far including Sunday we have had waffles one day, eggs and sausage, then french toast with sausage, then cream of wheat with strawberries on side, and this morning homemade banana bread with butter and grapefruit halves.

The sausage we use is Bass Farms (local, in paper wrapping). We make them into little patties and fry them in the pan. I never even liked breakfast sausage before until I tried this. Now I''m addicted.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My luxury indulgence is just time to unwind. Sometimes it''s a 3 mile run or walk after work, and dh picking up some take out so that I don''t have to rush home to cook dinner. This was the case last night...I had a bottle of red wine and Thai take out after a nice 3 mile jog/ razor ride with my daughter
emlove.gif

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
2 bouquets of fresh tulips. I put one on the front door because I like to have the "cutest house on the block" and one in my living room. I buy fresh flowers quite often.

mousey

Shiny_Rock
I cook a full, hot breakfast for myself every morning of the week, and I take a nice, long time to enjoy it. I either sit outside in our beautiful backyard if it''s nice enough out, or I sit at my beautiful dining table and look out the wall of windows into my backyard. I take nice, hot sips of coffee after relishing that most wonderful of morning scents--fresh java. And I usually get to see some beautiful birds in the yard, too.

36.gif

Haven, you make that sound SO divine. I can really imagine you sitting looking at the birds basking in your breakfast. I think I am going to take a leaf from your book, get up a bit earlier and have a luxurious breakfast.
My luxury is taking a bath every day, with Jo Malone bath stuff, sometimes a glass of white wine, and a good book. I always equate smelling nice with feeling good for some reason!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to this persistent cold breathing through my nose is turning out to be quite the luxury.

A glass of nice wine with dinner
1.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m getting a massage on Monday afternoon at a lovely spa in Phoenix. I''ll be there for a work conference and with the blessing of my boss I''m going to sneak away for an hour for some much needed relaxation (on my dime of course). I haven''t had a vacation since my honeymoon last July and I have to save all of my sick and vacation time for maternity leave so I feel like these days I''m running on empty....CAN''T WAIT!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Flowers. I love having a nice arrangement in the front hallway. Not to say I buy them often... But they do make me happy.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2010 3:36:29 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Flowers. I love having a nice arrangement in the front hallway. Not to say I buy them often... But they do make me happy.

I do the same.
flowers
magazines
and lately, new clothes

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Man! I am craving smoked salmon and iced coffee and tulips and a pedicure and hashbrowns ALL AT ONCE!!

Also: this, because it was sold out last year in Silver and I wanted it sooooo bad after I saw my sister''s. But I already own a Purple leather cross body bag with front flaps/pockets/hardware almost exactly like it. So perhaps it veers into *indulgent* rather than simply *luxurious*.

*** pipedream, sputter sputter BRACELET Aljdewey ... Milgrain ... tilt .....

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought an iphone. I thought it was a luxury and after 3 days I see it is a necessity!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deco, I LOVE that bag!

I love flowers too, do any of you ladies buy them at Costco? They are so reasonable there I can almost switch them to the need catagory! I like pedi''s but the place I go to has a couple of men who do
them and it totally creeps me out! I really do not like strange men touching my feet!!! My daughter gave me a gift certificate for my birthday in Oct. and I haven''t used it yet!

I love breakfast with my hubby when he comes home from work in the morning. Haven, you make me want to sit outside on the patio and enjoy the morning. No kids of course!!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I had sushi tonight! It was awesome.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
ok - I just had a big bowl of super yummy strawberries.. that''s pretty luxurious :)

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2010 10:04:57 AM
I am in DIRE need of a mani/pedi.

That will likely be my next indulgence.

Come on over to NH! i'll take care of you!!! :)

Seriously though, I bought a bottle of Coconut Water... and it was delicious....
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m with Deco, I''m craving many things. Breakfast, a car that is paid off, really good iced coffee. Especially the breakfast-- Haven whenever I think of cooking breakfast the thought of the dishes afterwards stops me. But I do love breakfast.

Today DH and I went to a new restuarant, it wasn''t expensive but we went all out with appetizers, and entrees and drinks and dessert. And it was waterside. Such a nice retreat. I adore the water. We walked there and back and it was a long walk though, so some of the calories were offset. And Deco--- I got the mussels and clams and they were to die for.

So this is a bit of a week for ''small'' indulgences. I had a REALLY bad couple of days over the last two weeks, like "never gonna forget these days" bad, so I''m feeling entitled.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
{{{{hugs}}}} Gypsy. I hope your dinner and the other little treats made you feel better.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 7:44:57 AM
Author: Mrs Mitchell
{{{{hugs}}}} Gypsy. I hope your dinner and the other little treats made you feel better.
I''ll second that! Sometimes it''s the little things that keep us sane!

I bought some slipper socks with Shea butter in them and wore them around the house last night. My feet are happy.
9.gif

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
To me, luxurious indulgence means vacations and especially cruises.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I finally have a luxurious indulgence! I didn''t realize how lackluster my life was before this thread....

I''m heading out for my first prenatal massage! I will report back later!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2010 5:59:23 PM
Author: decodelighted
Man! I am craving smoked salmon and iced coffee
GUESS WHAT I HAD FOR BREAKFAST THIS AM
9.gif
11.gif
. DH is working from home today so we picked up bagels from our fave bagel place -- and I had mine with lox & a schmear with a big ol'' french vanilla iced coffee WITH CREAM.
18.gif
Dairy overload now. **sniffle** **hacking cough** (it was worth it).

Sorry to hear about your super bad days Gypsy! Hope things are turning around. Or turning up blingy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results