color
clarity

Luck with SI2 Emerald Cut Diamond?

blingisintheair

Rough_Rock
39DB85F3-881A-4156-BC42-AE2864BC2F8F.png Here is a better pic of the stone

blingisintheair

Rough_Rock
Oh, I definitely can see the inclusions in this picture. Up to you whether they bothered you in the non-magnified real life view.
It was actually eye clean to me, my fiancée and my jeweler. I know where they are based on the GIA report but could not see it with my eyes. Can you point out where you see the inclusions? May be the reflection of the tweezers. Thanks!

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Not a reflection of the tweezers - the reflection of the tweezers is the grid lines to the right of the table - the inclusions are clearly visible at 10 o'clock and across the 5-6-7 o'clock spread which is likely an inclusion + reflections of the inclusions at the angle the stone is being held.

It's fine if you're not sensitive to inclusions, but that does not look eye clean to me at all based on that picture.

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Hey! On the clarity, if it looked eye clean to you then I probably would not worry about it. Were you able to look at the stone in different lighting environments? E.g. next to a window, or outside the store? That might impact how visible the inclusions are. For me, clarity is the very last thing I am willing to pay for, so if you found an SI2 you are happy with that could be a really great deal in terms of price. In real life I'm not scrutinizing my diamonds within inches of my face and I just want to see something bright and lively when I look down at my hand.

It was a little hard to see how the stone lights up in the video -- what did you think when you saw it? Did the "bars" (as I always think of them) light up brightly and alternate between light and dark, so that you didn't get all black across the belly of the stone?

Also paging some step cut experts :) @Matthews1127 @Karl_K

blingisintheair

Rough_Rock
Hey! On the clarity, if it looked eye clean to you then I probably would not worry about it. Were you able to look at the stone in different lighting environments? E.g. next to a window, or outside the store? That might impact how visible the inclusions are. For me, clarity is the very last thing I am willing to pay for, so if you found an SI2 you are happy with that could be a really great deal in terms of price. In real life I'm not scrutinizing my diamonds within inches of my face and I just want to see something bright and lively when I look down at my hand.

It was a little hard to see how the stone lights up in the video -- what did you think when you saw it? Did the "bars" (as I always think of them) light up brightly and alternate between light and dark, so that you didn't get all black across the belly of the stone?

Also paging some step cut experts :) @Matthews1127 @Karl_K
Yes I saw the stone in the sunlight, under really bad office lights, regular indoor light and it looked clear to me and my fiancée. The symmetry looked good and the bars were even and gave off the shiny hall of mirrors effect!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does any one have an SI2 emerald cut diamond that is eye clean? I'm looking at a 1.5 carat option, F colour SI1 with medium fluorescence that seems to be eye clean to me and my jeweler. I've seen it in person but should I be wary?

I have a 1.07ctGSI2 EC. Perfectly eye clean, and fabulous!
The type & location of the inclusions effect the integrity of a diamond.
If you have found a stone, like mine, rest easy, and enjoy!!

Here is my thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/meet-uisce.231677/

And my thread of Uisce Amateur ASET images:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/amateur-aset-images-of-“uisce”.246179/

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking at the video & photos, I’m more concerned about the dim belly than the inclusions.
It seems to have a bow tie in every environment, and that will not change, when you set it.
I do see the inclusions, mentioned by others, but I’m more concerned this EC will be too dark across the belly, and not perform in ways you should expect. Have you found any others to compare?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
When its black all the way across the center like that its environmental.
In this case a dark colored phone by the looks of it.
There is some leakage right under the edge of the table, if it flashes quickly and does not look overly dark in person could be ok.
84A68.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results