shape
carat
color
clarity

Lucida wedding band and D. Vatche X-Prong E-ring Compatibility Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jdrosar

Rough_Rock
My fiance has a 1.04 Jubilee solitaire diamond set on a platinum D. Vatche X-Prong. We are currently looking for a matching wedding band that will sit flush next to her E-ring.While browsing thru the catalogs of various online suppliers, the plain platinum Lucida wedding band from Tiffany's caught her attention.

Now here's the dilemma- we want to find out if the Lucida wedding band will match and sit flush when worn together with the D. Vatche X-prong E-ring. Obviously this particular wedding band is designed to match the Lucida E-ring, and although her E-ring is similar to it, we really dont have a clue if they will go well together. The only way to find out is to see the wedding band in person and have my fiance fit it while wearing her E-ring. Unfortunately, the Tiffany store here in Manila don't have the Lucida wedding band on stock but they can order it from Tiffany HK provided I pay a 50% deposit. Needless to say, I will only order it once we are sure that it will make a great tandem with the D. Vatche E-ring.

Hopefully, someone can help. Thanks!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Speak with the store Vice President, explain that you would like very much to see this particular band and if it fits properly with your SO''s ring that you will be purchasing it. What size ring does your GF wear, I would think if she was about a six then they could keep it in stock but is she is below a 5 or above a 7 I can see why they would hesitate as it would likely be specially made for her.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
D''Vatche makes a matching wedding band its a little curved to fit the x-prong.

jdrosar

Rough_Rock
She''s a size 5 which is quite the average in this part of the globe. However, ALL Tiffany wedding bands are on a per order basis and try as I may, they are quite strict with their policies...simply put, they will not waive the 50% deposit and they will forfeit it should I decide to cancel the order.

jdrosar

Rough_Rock
Thanks Princessv!

Indeed D. Vatche make a matching wedding band for the X-Prong setting but for some unknown reason, it is actually cheaper to get the Lucida wedding band. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2005 10:48:01 AM
Author: jdrosar
She''s a size 5 which is quite the average in this part of the globe. However, ALL Tiffany wedding bands are on a per order basis and try as I may, they are quite strict with their policies...simply put, they will not waive the 50% deposit and they will forfeit it should I decide to cancel the order.
I dont know who told you this or what part of the golbe you are on, maybe that effects things. However when they were looking for my mother (size six) Tiffanys had about 15 or 20 pulled into to our local Tiffany''s for her at no charge and without a deposit. They never even mentioned it, they just told her how long it would take for all of them to be there at the same time (the following week) and asked when she would be back to veiw them.

jdrosar

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/1/2005 11:03:37 AM
Author: Matatora

Date: 12/1/2005 10:48:01 AM
Author: jdrosar
I dont know who told you this or what part of the golbe you are on, maybe that effects things. However when they were looking for my mother (size six) Tiffanys had about 15 or 20 pulled into to our local Tiffany''s for her at no charge and without a deposit. They never even mentioned it, they just told her how long it would take for all of them to be there at the same time (the following week) and asked when she would be back to veiw them.
I am from Manila, Philippines and you are correct, the Tiffany store here isnt exactly the usual Tiffany store found in the USA, Hong Kong, etc. They only have about 50+ or so pieces on display and the rings on stock are limited to certain designs and sizes. Also, I am familiar with the typical Tiffany service (read: professional yet personalized) and Im afraid I have not experienced the same service from the staff of the Tiffany store here in our country.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results