shape
carat
color
clarity

Lots of bling - a stop by Joe Escobar in the Bay Area

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Tigian! My co-worker really liked this cushion shaped halo setting w/ a 1 ct rb in the center (she has a 1 ct rb now). It was gorgeous and the workmanship was killer!

round with cushion shaped halo JE 1.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
And here''s the yummy side profile!

side of round with cushion halo JE.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscher girl, please mail me that 4+ ct G VS2 asscher.

Thanks, I'll buy you lunch some day.
You're a gem.
2.gif

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the bling show!
A. Your current setting is beautiful.
B. The "new" setting is TDF! Love it!
C. Your friends possible setting with the RB is stunning as well.
D. When can I come visit and we can go shopping together?!?
2.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
WOW THE ASSCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah right Kenny! If that puppy goes home w/ me it''s staying on my hand! I''ll let you wear it while we''re at lunch though
2.gif

FSU - Thanks so much! You can come shopping w/ me any time!!!
9.gif

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
How much is that cushion!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey AG, Joe Escrobar has some awesome settings with great workmanship.

I do like your current set, but also TOTALLY get the desire for more bling. You saw the before and after of my halo asscher and well, I can't argue that it is a lovely bonus. I don't 100% love that setting, but it does have potential. I would not wear your bands with it personally it makes it too busy and your stone gets lost. I'd get some lovely rose gold bands and wear your wedding bands as stackers on your RH.

I think the ring as a standalone is lovely but the halo is crooked or uneven and I'm not loving the milgrain around the halo. I think the design, if simplified a little would be stunning. I'd ditch the milgrain around the halo, or take it down a size or 3. If you ditched the milgrain for just a super thin line of high polish metal I think it will work better with the sleekness of the step cuts in the setting. And I'd make sure that cushion shaped halo was exact and perfect in shape. And I'd wear it as a standalone. Also, I'd go for different prongs.

It would be lovely with a colored stone later on and make a fabulous RHR.

I think you shoudl go for the reset, personally and save up for the 'ultimate' upgrade.

slycatty

Rough_Rock
Those rings are so beautiful. I love Joe Escobar. They''re the only local jeweler I found so far that can handle pricescope questions :) And the only jeweler that actually had an idealscope.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Iota - i think the cushion was in the 30K - 40K range

Hey Gypsy! Ya know, when I saw the pics I took I thought the setting looked a little off. It really looks good in person though, it''s strange. But I hear you, I want perfection
1.gif
I keep leaning towards clean lines so I don''t know how long I''ll love this setting. I think I want a halo that has a smooth crisp outline as well as a smooth bezel on the inside/ closest to my asscher. I already posted this link on page one: http://www.tiffany.com/Engagement/Item.aspx?GroupSKU=GRP10018

What do you think of that halo? Except w/out the milgrain, just a smooth line of metal instead (on both sides of the halo). I would get rid of all that other stuff (in the gallery) and just have the step cuts on the shank. DH doesn''t mind if I upgrade the setting or upgrade the asscher but he does want me to keep my wedding bands (on my left hand) and that''s okay by me.

I do love the rose gold idea too. I love the rose gold Grace by BDG and am toying w/ that idea too, but I still want a halo (if I keep my current asscher) and I want more diamonds, hehe.

Oh and Gyp! You know my too tight eternity band? We''ll turns out it was a 6.5 but since it''s more of a square edge (non-comfort fit like my wedding bands) those fit about 1/2 size smaller, I didn''t know that! So I had them size it up to 6 3/4 and it fits like a dream, they did an awesome job! And now it totally works and protect''s Neatfreak''s band
9.gif

Hey Slycatty! I know they really are great! They have so much to offer and really reasonable pricing too.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi AG, that''s one of my favorite Tiffany halos. I think doing an octagonal halo like that with no milgrain with that shank would be amazing. Simple and elegant gallery instead of the Legacy gallery. I think you''d be set. I''d go with someone with a CAD set up that does REALLY REALLY REALLY fine halos.

I like it better than the JE one. \But I do love the JE shank and sidestones. It''s jut the halo I''m not that crazy about.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the quick respons Gypsy
2.gif
Do you think I should do an octagonal halo (w/ soft or hard corners?) or more of a cushion shaped halo like the JE one? I do like the JE shank too but it just may be too busy if I plan on wearing my wedding bands on each side.

I love this halo from BGD - with the bezel around the main stone and the claw prongs. What do you think of that concept? Excpet I would still do the square cut shank, I just love that! And the melee on the halo would match my wedding bands, and the square cut shank would match the center stone.

I would def use someone w/ CAD if I go down this route and I''m sure it will be BGD
9.gif

Thanks for your help!

bgd halo with bezel and prong.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My halo is cushiony and the melee are set with very little metal. Do you like mine? Or when you look at it do you think that it should be more octagonal? If you like mine do one melee in each corner-- if you want a more octagonal look then two melee in each corner, no larger than 1 pointers. I love the line of metal around the center stone and the prongs of that one and think it would look beautiful with you asscher and I like the idea of the shank as well. Great choice.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll have to go back and look at pics of your ring to see if I want 1 melee or 2 in the corners, that''s a great tip. I''ll have to figure out if I want metal on the outside of the halo, that may be too much but I can have them do it in CAD and see. I''m really liking these ideas. I think I''m going to put all of my ideas together and send it off for a quote
1.gif
Thanks so much for your help!!!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! That''s one beautiful setting!! It''s unique and quite lovely!! When are you getting it?
31.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like Asschers in halos, and like the center part of that setting, but I am not loving the side stones for some reason. I think thye detract. A halo like Gypsy''s would still give lots of finger coverage and allow your diamond to really stand out.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Luckyeshe, I think I''m going to go the custom route instead. But whatever I do, I''ll be sure to post a ton of pics
9.gif

Thanks Dreamer, I agree. I still want my asscher to pop and not blend into all other other metal and melee. Thanks!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That setting is absolutely stunning!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Wowwee!!! I would be all over that asscher. Thank you soooo much for sharing this.

Erik Carlson GG

Rough_Rock
Trade
Glad you girls had fun! It's always fun for me to work with people who know their stuff!
emsmile.gif

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Erik! We did have a blast, thank you so much for spending so much time with us! And I picked up my eternity band on Saturday and it fits so much better! Thanks again!
9.gif

Erik Carlson GG

Rough_Rock
Trade
Funny the difference a quarter size makes
1.gif
I''m glad to hear it fits perfect, sorry I couldn''t be there on Saturday when you picked it up, I had to soak up some sunshine before this next storm comes in.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results