shape
carat
color
clarity

lost stone from Niessing tension ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Has anybody heard the phrase "Keep on beating a dead horse".

1.gif

nemod

Rough_Rock
Iceman: Why are you so sarcastic? Political correct? (for whom)
I would not say anything if the ring was stolen or we lost the ring or anything un-normal happened.
I believe if I bought the car and wheel take apart I wouldn’t take to the court wheel producer but producer of the car.
Please be honest and admit that Niessing acts pretty weird on this forum /and the same in the real life as far I have exeriense with them/.
Please would you be so kind and tell me what will you do in the same situation?

domen

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
But if you bought a car and ran it into a pole then what ?
1.gif

What would I do.

First I would bend over and tell somebody to kick me in the rear end for not having the ring insured for loss. Most of the time the ring get stolen or misplaced , there is no warranty that covers that.

Second ~ I would not blame anybody but myself, things just don’t fall out.

Third ~ I would replace the diamond with my own money and chalk it up to what you would pay for a semester at college on what to do next time. A learning experience.

You have to understand the manufacture can not worry your out back chopping wood with the ring on.

Yes that is an extreme statement, but you understand.

I don’t have the whole story that’s why you end up with the blame. I don’t know what was told about warranties.

So, If I’m wrong on this part my deepest apology.

In court you’re going to pay out a lot of money for an attorney and lose. I’ve see the same scenario happen.

Sorry for being blunt but you are just getting unfiltered thoughts.

Best Regards
The Iceman

nemod

Rough_Rock
I (my wife) didn't ran into a pole and she's not out back chopping wood with the ring on.
That's I call sarcasm.
And it's true the stone just fall out when we were in the theatre.

I post the thread just because we were so shocked about the situation, first off all I didn't blame anyone, and I'd like to share the experience with other people but after I saw Niessing answers and comments and all comments from people around the world my opinion is that something went wrong in this particular case.

If nothing else I wish people considering tension set rings could always read this thread and if possible get insured their tension ring and the stone

And I don't believe that I ever buy another tension ring.
Regards
domen

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
I applaud you for sitting back and taking the good news with the bad news.

Again I apologize for being blunt and sometimes rude.

I don’t think there is much you can do about this. It all depends on what was promised by the jeweler and if it was in writing. Some of those warranties have loop holes in case this happens.

I wish you a lot of luck and really believe me my heart goes out to you. I’ve been married 25 years and if this is the worst that happens you will be doing well.

But this was a good first step.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Your english is very good. I forget sometimes that we have many words that mean many things. Its hard to translate phrases into other cultures.

Best Regards and best of luck.

The Iceman

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgive me for dragging this out from the ancient past (8-2004), but anyone know what happened?

Did Niessing replace the stone?

I ask because a friend is considering a Niessing tension setting for a 1.5 carat diamond he inherited from is mother.
It was brought from their old country and has a lot of sentimental value.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results