shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking to purchase 2-3ct OEC

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here’s a thread on two beautiful Transitional cut diamonds. It appears that the Transitional you are looking at is similar to Demelza’s. The slight pinwheel pattern might not be a bad thing in a Transitional. I think a couple videos would be very helpful to you at this point. I searched “Demelza Transitional Pricescope” on Google to find more discussion on checkerboard style Transitional cuts.

Aurora26

Shiny_Rock
Here’s a thread on two beautiful Transitional cut diamonds. It appears that the Transitional you are looking at is similar to Demelza’s. The slight pinwheel pattern might not be a bad thing in a Transitional. I think a couple videos would be very helpful to you at this point. I searched “Demelza Transitional Pricescope” on Google to find more discussion on checkerboard style Transitional cuts.

I have stalked this thread already :lol: Yes agreed her stone is beautiful. Wish she was selling again.

As for videos of the L, I will see what I can do. The vendor sent me a couple on 1st Dibs but the quality is iPhone, and then I think the 1st Dibs messaging functionality then truncates the quality even more.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have stalked this thread already :lol: Yes agreed her stone is beautiful. Wish she was selling again.

As for videos of the L, I will see what I can do. The vendor sent me a couple on 1st Dibs but the quality is iPhone, and then I think the 1st Dibs messaging functionality then truncates the quality even more.

Post here? We might be able to tell what’s going on, even from bad video. Put stone on hold first. Good luck!

Aurora26

Shiny_Rock
Post here? We might be able to tell what’s going on, even from bad video. Put stone on hold first. Good luck!

I reached out to 1st Dibs customer service and they said a Google drive link should work, so I've asked the vendor to upload the videos he sent me via 1st Dibs PM to that. The single video in the listing is not helpful. I'm also confirming with 1st Dibs that a URL would not get blocked in the messaging feature, since it has in the past.

Additionally, I have asked for some videos to be taken tomorrow in sunlight!

Aurora26

Shiny_Rock
Video of the L Transitional on a cloudy day. I don't absolutely love it in this light and video...maybe it is because he's moving it too quickly? Not sure. Lots to think about...

Aurora26

Shiny_Rock
Additional videos (still awaiting the sunlight videos, likely Tuesday as tomorrow is rainy where the vendor is):

Aurora26

Shiny_Rock
The vendor will not budge at all from $18,500, so I am not convinced but will think about it. The search continues!

Kasey Bug

Shiny_Rock
This was posted today I believe by Caysie that her stone is at Jewels by Grace or I could have gotten this so backward lol

For sale on Jewels by Grace site is my 2.22 ct E/VVS2 newly polished GIA OEC diamond. RAP was $42,000 back in August 2020, currently marked down on Grace's site for $35,600. Willing to sell for $28,000 which is what I paid for it about 3 years ago. Absolutely stunning diamond. Take a look : )
2.22ctoldeuropeancutdiaondGIAEVVS2_2_800x (1).jpg

Aurora26

Shiny_Rock
This was posted today I believe by Caysie that her stone is at Jewels by Grace or I could have gotten this so backward lol

For sale on Jewels by Grace site is my 2.22 ct E/VVS2 newly polished GIA OEC diamond. RAP was $42,000 back in August 2020, currently marked down on Grace's site for $35,600. Willing to sell for $28,000 which is what I paid for it about 3 years ago. Absolutely stunning diamond. Take a look : )
2.22ctoldeuropeancutdiaondGIAEVVS2_2_800x (1).jpg

Thank you! Saw this. And Keysie actually reached out to me before with my LT info. Her stone is unfortunately very out of my $16k budget.

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
The vendor will not budge at all from $18,500, so I am not convinced but will think about it. The search continues!

I did not love the videos. :(2 They were however taken in poor lighting conditions for diamonds.

Have you tried asking if Parksfinegroup can find a diamond meeting your parameters? He has found two stones for me, took a few months but they were exactly what I wanted and both were under budget, one of them over 30% under.

Aurora26

Shiny_Rock
I did not love the videos. :(2 They were however taken in poor lighting conditions for diamonds.

Have you tried asking if Parksfinegroup can find a diamond meeting your parameters? He has found two stones for me, took a few months but they were exactly what I wanted and both were under budget, one of them over 30% under.

I have been in contact with him. He stated he didn’t have anything, and I asked him kindly to keep an eye out and I would also continue following his page. He said sure and thanks for understanding that he’s busy. I noticed he just started posting regularly again today so I’ll reach out later this week especially since the holiday season has now died down.

I am also expecting a new list of stones from Martin Sheffield which I am very excited about since his prices are so reasonable. Will definitely post here when I see content come through.

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I did see this. The slight clouds under the table do bother me, unfortunately! Also it’s a tad higher than my budget. Alex said he has lower colored stones but alas nothing K/L+ at the moment.

Hopefully the right stone for you appears soon!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi! I did see this. The slight clouds under the table do bother me, unfortunately! Also it’s a tad higher than my budget. Alex said he has lower colored stones but alas nothing K/L+ at the moment.

Wait twenty years. The “slight clouds” will not bother you one iota. YMMV...

Aurora26

Shiny_Rock

Thoughts on this one? I think it has a lot of promise and around $17k.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock

Thoughts on this one? I think it has a lot of promise and around $17k.

The table facets are nice. But the rest looks a bit unorganized and the light return also won’t be crazy. Also I do see the internal graining. Which would be a huge no for me. I would rather have one bigger Inclusion then an inclusion going through bigger parts of the crystal.

I would follow @gemsbyyoram as well. He only gets a stone in every few months, but he takes ASET images from them and I don’t think he would offer anything for sale that isn’t a somewhat special.

Aurora26

Shiny_Rock
The table facets are nice. But the rest looks a bit unorganized and the light return also won’t be crazy. Also I do see the internal graining. Which would be a huge no for me. I would rather have one bigger Inclusion then an inclusion going through bigger parts of the crystal.

I would follow @gemsbyyoram as well. He only gets a stone in every few months, but he takes ASET images from them and I don’t think he would offer anything for sale that isn’t a somewhat special.

Thank you for pointing those two things out, very helpful. I didn’t know that’s how internal graining looked (the inner streakiness - was thinking it was just not thoroughly cleaned lol). I am actually going to see this one in person today so I will report back!

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for pointing those two things out, very helpful. I didn’t know that’s how internal graining looked (the inner streakiness - was thinking it was just not thoroughly cleaned lol). I am actually going to see this one in person today so I will report back!

Please report back. I haven’t seen internal graining yet very often.

Aurora26

Shiny_Rock
Big update -

We liked and secured the 2.72 K VS1 posted above! We are potentially working with Mark Broumand on a 6 prong setting (more on that below). Obviously I will also provide an update when everything is done. Thank you all SO MUCH for being with me on this journey thus far! To tide us over until the setting and ring are completed, here are some videos of the stone (Mark's lighting can be a bit yellow - I saw it in person and it is as a K OEC would be expected to behave compared to several others I have seen). I loved the longer "petals" under the table as I thought I would (which all reflect light so nicely), love the mm size and the culet size, and I don't mind at all that some facets near the edge may appear a little bit unorganized to some very trained eyes! It checks all the over boxes I was looking for and I am SO happy this (sometimes stressful) search for the stone has concluded :)

Here is the stone -

For the setting, I want a simple but particular 6 prong cathedral solitaire with platinum prongs and plain 18k yellow gold shank. As mentioned above, Mark Broumand provided a number that is between $1.5k and $2k, while I had previously planned for closer to $1k. Does the quote seem like a reasonable number or on the higher end? I do understand his work is quite good, so should I go with him or should I consider others? I have a note out to David Klass at the moment, no response yet. Again, the design is quite simple but I am particular about certain small things so it will likely be custom (e.g. no taper, no donut, rounded shank, etc) - video of a similar setting below but again, no pave and would need minor stylistic tweaks.

Similar setting -

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Big update -

We liked and secured the 2.72 K VS1 posted above! We are potentially working with Mark Broumand on a 6 prong setting (more on that below). Obviously I will also provide an update when everything is done. Thank you all SO MUCH for being with me on this journey thus far! To tide us over until the setting and ring are completed, here are some videos of the stone (Mark's lighting can be a bit yellow - I saw it in person and it is as a K OEC would be expected to behave compared to several others I have seen). I loved the longer "petals" under the table as I thought I would (which all reflect light so nicely), love the mm size and the culet size, and I don't mind at all that some facets near the edge may appear a little bit unorganized to some very trained eyes! It checks all the over boxes I was looking for and I am SO happy this (sometimes stressful) search for the stone has concluded :)

Here is the stone -

For the setting, I want a simple but particular 6 prong cathedral solitaire with platinum prongs and plain 18k yellow gold shank. As mentioned above, Mark Broumand provided a number that is between $1.5k and $2k, while I had previously planned for closer to $1k. Does the quote seem like a reasonable number or on the higher end? I do understand his work is quite good, so should I go with him or should I consider others? I have a note out to David Klass at the moment, no response yet. Again, the design is quite simple but I am particular about certain small things so it will likely be custom (e.g. no taper, no donut, rounded shank, etc) - video of a similar setting below but again, no pave and would need minor stylistic tweaks.

Similar setting -

What great news that you liked the stone! I don’t think it looks yellow at all. And I understand what you love about those facets under the table. They really are beautiful!

I think the quote is totally reasonable for a custom setting. You won’t get it cheaper anywhere else. David Klass won’t be cheaper (I’m almost sure).

Excited to see the end result.

Aurora26

Shiny_Rock
What great news that you liked the stone! I don’t think it looks yellow at all. And I understand what you love about those facets under the table. They really are beautiful!

I think the quote is totally reasonable for a custom setting. You won’t get it cheaper anywhere else. David Klass won’t be cheaper (I’m almost sure).

Excited to see the end result.

Thank you!!! Those videos are from the supplier and then Mark as I wasn’t allowed to take any personal content (I didn’t commit to the stone until after we had left).

Also great to get your input on the setting quote. We will go ahead then :) I was leaning towards getting it all with him anyways. Hopefully this is now the really fun part!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
From what I’ve experienced with David, if you do an exact replica of a current design he’s done (small tweaks don’t seem to be a problem) he may quote $950. He’s quoted me that before on a copy of a design he’d done. I certainly can’t guarantee, just relaying.

And congrats on the stone, I think it looks lovely!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone ❤️
Looking forward to seeing your ring. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results