shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking to buy some pave bands - please weigh in

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all! I am looking to purchase two small diamond bands and have found several online options. My budget is small, but there were a couple of decent options on Overstock.com and Etsy that I liked. I wondered if I post the links if you'd be willing to weigh in with your opinions?

I wear a 2.2 ct U-Prong eternity band as my engagement ring, but I have to baby it. I take excellent care of it because I love it so much, but as a result it doesn't get worn 24/7. I am looking to purchase two small diamond bands that I can wear on either side of it for a stack, but also that I could bang around in when I don't want to wear my real ring.

Overstock.com is having a sale and this particular ring got (mostly) good reviews: I could get two for under $400, and the return policy is good with them. Link: https://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-W...DRAMDFJ2IKOP73LBOKSPY&recalg=927,925&recidx=1

I almost just purchased two of them, but then my best friend suggested I look at Etsy. UGH. Now I'm just confused. Here is the Etsy ring she liked and she also liked that it was 2mm, so slightly larger than the ring from overstock. There is a 30 day return period - I could order this ring in white gold or in sterling silver to cut down on price. https://www.etsy.com/listing/684610791/2-mm-diamond-wedding-band-14k-gold?ref=hp_rv-2&pro=1&frs=1

My question is, I have never ordered from Etsy for actual diamonds - it says the shipping time takes a while, which is okay, but the reviews are less cut and dried than those on Overstock. Does anyone have experience with either of these companies or input on them? Any thoughts are appreciated and welcomed!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's my eternity band for reference - fingers are Swollen from the heat.

2D4F694E-75D0-4E46-96BA-8060650B489C.jpeg

Attachments

• 75E022CA-80E2-4FD0-B898-12CF966221A0.png
    75E022CA-80E2-4FD0-B898-12CF966221A0.png
    575.7 KB · Views: 21

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
923D8E07-D538-45DB-8024-016408A9306B.png

Also, the review of the overstock ring that had me thinking about making a stack.....

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't use overstock for diamonds, ever. If you look at the description, it's usually I1 clarity and low color .

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't use overstock for diamonds, ever. If you look at the description, it's usually I1 clarity and low color .

Thanks for the reply - is this true even if the diamonds are tiny? How do you feel about Etsy?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the reply - is this true even if the diamonds are tiny? How do you feel about Etsy?
Yes, even if diamonds are tiny they need to at least sparkle. It doesn't mean they have to be ideal cut, but poor quality I1 stones won't sparkle. Etsy depends on the vendor. Some Etsy vendors are amazing (David klass has an Etsy store), but some vendors are awful.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, even if diamonds are tiny they need to at least sparkle. It doesn't mean they have to be ideal cut, but poor quality I1 stones won't sparkle. Etsy depends on the vendor. Some Etsy vendors are amazing (David klass has an Etsy store), but some vendors are awful.

Thank you - I really do appreciate the feedback! I’m not new to diamonds - I’ve been on this board since 2007, so it’s not like I posted this as a newbie who knows nothing.

I Was actually thinking based on the pics and the reviews that it would be a decent gamble for $200 each (either the overstock or the Etsy).

What would you recommend if someone has a limited budget? Some kind of simulant? I don’t really love that idea, but I’m I Not 100% opposed either.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since the band you looked at is .2 and isnt a full eternity, you might still be able to get diamonds on a limited budget, but likely not for $200. Is that the max budget? The overstock one is worse than I thought, it's I2-I3! Those stones will look completely dead IRL and especially next to your idj band.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:

I have to ditto @lovedogs - I wouldn’t recommend either of the original selections to a real world friend.

A question: If go with a pave band, you’ll have to either baby that ring too, or prepare to replace it quickly - no pave is going to hold up to daily wear. What about a different style of sparkle?

No idea if authentic, but this style...
https://www.etsy.com/listing/678870...=sr_gallery-1-11&organic_search_click=1&frs=1

Another that’s reasonably priced:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/652935...f=sr_gallery-1-3&organic_search_click=1&frs=1

Another protective style:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/504200...+wedding+band&ref=sr_gallery-1-45&frs=1&col=1

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Etsy one is equally poor quality.

I really like this vendor (and others have had good experiences). You could ask him if he can work in 10k to save money, and how much it would be.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/106541022/women-14kt-white-gold-diamond-wedding

:wavey:

I have to ditto @lovedogs - I wouldn’t recommend either of the original selections to a real world friend.

A question: If go with a pave band, you’ll have to either baby that ring too, or prepare to replace it quickly - no pave is going to hold up to daily wear. What about a different style of sparkle?

No idea if authentic, but this style...
https://www.etsy.com/listing/678870...=sr_gallery-1-11&organic_search_click=1&frs=1

Another that’s reasonably priced:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/652935...f=sr_gallery-1-3&organic_search_click=1&frs=1

Another protective style:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/504200...+wedding+band&ref=sr_gallery-1-45&frs=1&col=1

thank you ladies - you are so helpful to spend your time looking for me! I do like both links you posted - I'd say the one posted by loves dogs and the Jazz-y one by Yssie work best. I wanted something I could wear with and without my eternity as a set, or alone. I LOVE etoile type settings, but don't know if it would look good next to my eternity band (or would it? you tell me).

The other option is I have a pair of earrings that I can trade in at Kay Jewelers (I know that's not a popular choice on here). I paid about $440 for them, and if I double what I spend, I can trade them in for full value. My aunt gave me a much nicer pair as a hand-me-down, so I would be willing to trade mine in. I looked on the website and went to the store, but I just get confused. $900 could probably get me two decent rings if I could find something there that would work. Any interest in perusing the website with me to find something? I get easily overwhelmed.

Either way ladies - thanks for your input and your time! I wouldn't say that $200 is the MAX budget, but I also don't really NEED these rings, and for whatever reason I have it in my mind that I want two, not one (which makes no sense really). And while I know that pave has to be babied, I'm willing to replace a stone here and there. I wouldn't be gardening or digging on the beach in them (I have plain bands for that), but more like if I traveled or just generally being out in the world. I bought a swarovski one just to wear around to see if I'd like it, and turns out...I do!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
00B27040-0A91-4641-B369-D7602D94AB81.jpeg 12B9BDB6-19E1-40B0-96DD-CFE981491592.jpeg

I stopped by my local Kay jewelers outlet today, because internet shopping was making me crazy. I did find two bands (a set) that I think will work nicely, and I was able to try them on with my actual ring, so I could see what they looked like. I think I’ll pribably give these a go, even if they’re not the greatest quality. They still really sparkle a lot, and I like the look with my eternity band.

So with my earring trade, it will be $560 for both, which includes a lifetime warranty. They replace the stones as long as you have the ring checked twice a year. That way I won’t be too worried about losing one.

Here is the set on the lovely lady working at the jewelry store. I honestly think I need to see things in real life to make a choice.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Now you have a beautiful stack! Enjoy!!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look lovely! Enjoy!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They look really pretty and sparkly and a much better option than what you were considering initially!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
P.S. your doggie is the cutest :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results