shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking to buy Freshwater studs

Cherokee1979

Shiny_Rock
P.S. I am not sure why I feel the need to say this here, but if anyone happens to go through my prior threads, I had initially posted here when I was searching for an ER for my ex wife. My beautiful, amazing, best thing to ever happen to me, son was a surprise baby, and the short relationship ended in divorce, but I have no regrets. My belief is that everything happens for a reason, and without me having met my ex, and had an unexpected child, I would have been deprived of the best thing that ever has - or likely ever will - happen to me in my life, and for which I am immeasurably proud. I just wanted to clarify that I was not on here searching for a piece of jewelry for a mistress or something awful like that. I loathe adultery, having had some familial experience with same. I just am sooo overwhelmingly greatful that the powers that be up in the sky have arranged for me to hopefully find a new path to happiness and love. I feel very lucky. Sorry if this is an overshare - but I just had to get it off my chest. Maybe I should have changed my user name and just started anew. When first coming back to this forum it was actually kind of painful to look in RT (and I will not read over my old threads likely, as it would prob not produce positive emotions). But here I am. No regrets at the past. Easier said than done sometimes, but I try to embrace that mindset. Live in the moment and look forward to the future. :angel:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cherokee, I have to admit that it would never have occurred to me to snoop, but it sounds like things worked out for you in the end, even though none of it was what you would have expected. Life happens, right? It's what makes it both wonderful and maddening!

As for the briolettes, I personally would go for the round ones especially if that's what Wendy is recommending. I can see them being beautiful (plus they would give some size contrast to the pearls in a way that the larger ones would not).

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Hi. I didn't read all the posts so apologies if I'm too late etc.

First, lavender in pearls covers any shade from practically white, to grayish, brownish, peachy, pinky, bluish, etc. Unless the photo you see is of the exact item offered, I'd ask for photos. If you get the earrings and necklace at the same place, you can ask for as close a match as possible.

Personally, I don't buy vermeil, gold-plated, etc. because it's only a coating and I've just had it wear off too many times to bother with it anymore. I'd get silver.

Then, the problem with sterling silver is it tarnishes, and if your GF doesn't know, she probably shouldn't dunk pearls in the jar of liquid sterling silver cleaner because it may damage them, so she should use a silver polishing cloth instead when/if it's needed, and be careful around the pearls.

Wendy of PearlEssence in the UK is of course a well known and trusted co. around here.

So is The Pearl Outlet. They have a lavender tin cup for $65. You might want to be sure the pearls are round to the eye, if that matters. Also, "rice-shaped" (oval) shaped pearls are nice and uniform rather than the obviously "off round, eggy" shapes but tend to be cheaper than rounds.

Pearllunar on ebay (in China) also has some lovely lavender pearls at low prices if you look around.

I'm sure many others will also have what you want in a price range you want but if you find something there, you may want to ask on here if we've heard of it or bought from them first. Another one that comes to mind right now is Catherine Cardellini (Australia).

One problem with buying outside the US, if that's where you are, is that should you or your GF not like the product in person, returns are expensive.

Good luck! Please show us what you get. We love pictures!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Come to think of it... I have a pretty rice-shaped lavender strand (originally from Catherine Cardellini) and also a pair of nice 8-9 mm (I think) round half drilled lavender earring pearls w/o settings that I bought second hand but that were originally from Pearl Paradise, that you can have for nothing if you want them.

Like many of us who get stuck on pearls, I have upgraded my collection and have some I no longer wear that I periodically clear out. In other words, when I'm older now and have a more expensive lavender strand, the still nice lavender rice strand below no longer gets worn. Those pearls usually end up going to Goodwill because I don't want to bother with ebay, etc. Anyway, I don't have a pic of the earring pearls but I'd be happy to send them along, too. And here's a pic of the necklace. (I still wear the earrings in this pic so I'll keep those but they're not very expensive and from Pearllunar so if you like them, you can probably find some like them).

If you want the strand (and bonus earring pearls), go to the other pearl board (the pearl guide) and send me a private message with an address to mail them to. I am seaurchin there too, but two words, Sea Urchin.

You don't have to worry about sending me postage, I don't want to bother about a couple of bucks and would just like knowing my pearls went to someone who wanted them and was nice enough to bother so much with his girl's Christmas gift. If you are not interested or don't trust strangers with an address, don't worry, you won't hurt my feelings, lol. Here's the strand:

october_29-1.jpg

october_29-2.jpg

Cherokee1979

Shiny_Rock
Wow seaurchin. Just wow. What can I say?!?!? That is just so so kind and thoughtful of you!! :mrgreen: I am truly overwhelmed by it. Thank you so very much!! I really appreciate all of your feedback. Plus your lavender pearls are GORGEOUS. :love: :bigsmile: I will search for the other forum right now to pm you. And I will surely have to at least pay you something. Certainly the shipping at the very very least. I hope that your kindness in doing this brings you some dust (as they say in RT). You are too kind. Thanks again!!! :appl:

Cherokee1979

Shiny_Rock
cmd2014|1446242186|3943984 said:
Cherokee, I have to admit that it would never have occurred to me to snoop, but it sounds like things worked out for you in the end, even though none of it was what you would have expected. Life happens, right? It's what makes it both wonderful and maddening!

As for the briolettes, I personally would go for the round ones especially if that's what Wendy is recommending. I can see them being beautiful (plus they would give some size contrast to the pearls in a way that the larger ones would not).

Thanks for your kind words cmd. =) Things have worked out. Ok briolettes it is. :) Wendy also thinks that the amethyst will be too dark and wash out the delicate tones of the pearls. So she is recommending 2mm pink tourmaline briolettes. I will try to post a vendor photo she took later. I have my son on my lap now. I am thinking that the pink looks good but have a text into my gf to get her thoughts if pink on rg is too feminine. But my worry is the 2mm briolettes look way too small next to the pearls. Wendy did not mention their size. But they look maybe approx 8mm. Maybe I might ask Wendy for smaller pearls. This might free up more budget too for other gifts.

Cherokee1979

Shiny_Rock
ETA above I meant rondelles it is. The rounds. Not briolettes. Been a busy morning. :). Sry

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results