shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking For Some Ideas From The PS Community

bobby2175

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone!

Long time lurker... Infrequent poster, but with all that I've learned over the years on PS, I purchased this amazing custom engagement ring from BGD - see below.

I'm now looking for a special gift to give to my wife just before our wedding ceremony next year. Long story short, we just got married at city hall on a whim a few weeks ago and decided to do the actual reception for the family next year.

I've been bouncing around earrings, a right hand ring, etc, but would like to get some opinions on the best way to go.

She is a good hearted person. Likes to dress nicely, is usually in heels, but loves her athletic wear. You will often find her with various accessories like watches, bracelets, and necklaces. She likes an antique look in rings and jewelry. Likes dangling earrings. She's very sentimental and would love something with meaning behind it. Everything in the engagement ring had meaning behind it and she still talks about it to this day. I'm lucky enough to also call her my best friend, so I have a pretty good handle on what she would like.

I'd like to keep my budget around $20,000, but can have a little flexibility for the right piece. I would like it to be something that will complement the engagement ring. I'm thinking either diamonds or I've seen some unbelievably gorgeous tourmalines in green/blue on PS that I believe she would love.

I'm open to pre-loved for this item, but if I went with something new, I'd like to stick with BGD, as what they did to make my engagement a success was far beyond anything I've ever been a part of in terms of commitment to customer service and satisfaction.

Thanks again in advance and looking forward to your ideas!

Bobby

briangavin_custom_bobbyc11_121815.jpg

briangavin_custom_bobbyc3b_121815.jpg

briangavin_custom_bobbyc8b_121815.jpg

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for earrings! What a beautiful and unique ring.
How about dangling old cut earrings, set in a bezel, like the bezel accent on her ring?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also love the idea of earrings! You could probably even do a matching pair to the e-ring...see cropped/rotated pic below.

earring.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The engagement ring is gorgeous! Wow, super unique and lovely. I really like the idea proposed by AC117 (trying to create earrings with a similar "feel" to the e-ring). I'm sure she would love that, and they would be meaningful :wavey:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I just have to say that ring is amazing! A piece of art!

Now, does she have regular diamond stud earrings yet? I would suggest those before dangle earrings. You could also do some halo jackets to dress them up more. If you want dangles, you can do add ons that hang from the studs. That way she gets some versatility.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamond stud earrings in simple settings. Those can go from gym clothes to a formal gown.

Get the basic diamond pieces done before you branch out into colored stones. After studs, there can be a pendant and tennis bracelet!

Q

Queenie60

diamondseeker2006|1470929575|4064775 said:
Diamond stud earrings in simple settings. Those can go from gym clothes to a formal gown.

Get the basic diamond pieces done before you branch out into colored stones. After studs, there can be a pendant and tennis bracelet!

Ditto!

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Can I just mention, that the members here show fantastic taste. Great suggestions!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since you have a "healthy" budget. I would work with BGD for studs AND jackets with halos that are exactly like her engagement ring halo. That way she can get two looks. BGD does lovely earring jackets.

bobby2175

Rough_Rock
Everyone,

Thank you for the great advice - I think studs it is.

I'm don't really know much about jackets, so need to do some homework on that.

Are there any specific specs or ranges to look for in terms of the diamonds (color, clarity) or are earrings pretty much treated the same as engagement ring stones.

Thanks.

Bobby

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are these "forever studs" or "upgradable?"

Although with a 20k budget I can't imagine needing to upgrade.

What color/clarity combo is her engagement stone?

I would go for 7mm stones with that budget. H Si1/Vs2 eyeclean.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If they are upgradable, you could go for a pair like these: http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/diamond-pairs-details.aspx?Diamond1=3707352&Diamond2=3710273 But I personally would try to hit 7mm square on with your budget.

If they are "forever" studs, then I wouldn't go for those, as you don't need to pay the extra premium that is built into that pricing for those policies.

These would be fabulous:
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.31-carat-h-color-vs2-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-1925496
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.29-carat-h-color-vvs2-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-1961272

Perfect 7mm studs. And they are a PERFECT match for each other. 19,200 for the pair. Heats and arrows AGS0 stones with fabulous performance.

Settings:
https://www.jamesallen.com/fine-jewelry/design-your-own-studs/platinum-pair-of-handmade-six-prong-scalloped-basket-earrings-mounting-item-2549 1080 for the settings.

Fabulous. Seriously fabulous. And right at budget (300 over).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results