shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for rec for strong chain

CheshireSmile

Shiny_Rock
Looking for a recommendation for a very strong chain (in any white metal) for 24/7 wear. My bf has a pendant he's been wearing constantly for the past 10 years or so and the chain recently broke, and I'd like to find him a new even sturdier one.

Thanks all!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
What kind of chain did he have and how large/heavy is the pendant?

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You could try Sarraf. Lots of different styles and you can choose thickness. I find their pictures a little unfocussed and unhelpful and haven’t bought from them directly so can’t comment on quality but the range of options may help you narrow down what you want.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
It was a rope chain. The pendant is about 1 1/2 inches, and not very heavy

A rope chain should be plenty strong.

You said he wears it constantly....so while sleeping, showering, during physical activity etc? I think any chain if worn like that has done pretty good over 10 years. The weak points would be jump rings at the clasp or possibly even the clasp itself.

I think a wheat chain is the strongest though. I wear my daily pendant on a wheat chain but I doN’t wear it for sleeping or showering etc. It is at least 10 years old BUT I check the chain regularly with a loupe to make sure the clasp and solder points to hold the jump rings are fine and to look for any possible weak spots. It carries my ER pendant and I would be devastated to lose it.
If he is going to wear it every/all day for years I suggest he take it to a jeweler for an occasional check or get a loupe to do that himself.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results