shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for name suggestions for our new cat

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:shock:I forgot about the most kitten of all kitten names: Nermal.

If I ever get another male animal I have a name picked already...
Aloysius Higgenbottem :lol:
It is the best name ever and absolutely perfectly ridiculous.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We would have a house full of cats, but Miso did not play nice with our other cat, who is now deceased.
He really made poor Phrix miserable, constantly attacking him and biting him. I'm sure he would do the same with another cat, so we shouldn't get another cat as long as we have Miso.

our dear old lateTinky was like that
Borris isnt too keen on shearing either, it stresses her out, but they keep turning up at the back door and what can i do when they are hungry, only fluffy lives inside with Borris, she wants Borris to be her best friend, its not fair

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I like old man names for male pets.

We have a George and a Franklin/Frankie.

I also like Walt, Stan, Herb, Floyd, etc. You get the idea. I think it's cute.

He's a very handsome man!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My old housemate had a kitten that would continually snag its claws on the carpet when running around, and trip itself.
I called him Velcro.

For any unfamiliar with the brand name Velcro, it was so named by its French inventor, who got the idea for a hook and loop fastener when he looked closely at burrs, which are covered with little hooks that grab passing fur or clothing. Velcro is short for Velour (loop) and Crochet (little hook).

Last edited:

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
He looks like a Simon to me.
And don't worry too much about two males. We had two males, then one died, and we got another male. Neither pair gave us any problems

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gotta say, this is our first time having two male cats and I’m a bit nervous about how they will get on. Although I have been told that two females can get quite snarky with each other and at one point I had three female cats and one male with no issue.

My experience is neutered males will usually be compatible, with maybe a few dust-ups that quickly get settled. I had 3 neutered males and a spayed female, and the only constant friction was between all the males and the lone female. The "He-Man Woman-Hatin' Club" for sure. But she was a scrapper in her own right. She took up residence in the big cat playpen cage with 3 padded benches and her own private litter box and water dish. That's where she'd go when she wanted her own space. She'd get up on the higher bench and lord it over them. The guys all knew to STAY OUT because she'd literally jump them if she caught them setting foot in there. It really leveled the playing field. :bigsmile:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry I’ve been a bit MIA, we had to scrap the name Waldorf because younger son and DH were not fans. DH and older son still want to call him Bucky or Smacky, but you can’t shorten either or those names to anything decent. Well apparently older son showed his friends at school a picture and they said you have to call him…………..

Bob! So, Bob or Bobby is what we are going with. He looks like a bobcat so I guess it’s fitting. Thanks also for the reassurance on two male cats, that is a big weight off the shoulders.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dexter has not left this spot. I don’t think the little guy has ever seen dogs before, I’m quite sure he thinks they are giant monsters!

65A19175-94DF-4D7B-BE42-B5BFEB59D28B.jpeg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A bobcat just walked through our back yard a few minutes ago. As usual I filed a sighting report with the Connecticut DEEP.

The last time we saw it was in September, and twice in August, and in January there were 2 together. It's always exciting to see it!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A bobcat just walked through our back yard a few minutes ago. As usual I filed a sighting report with the Connecticut DEEP.

The last time we saw it was in September, and twice in August, and in January there were 2 together. It's always exciting to see it!

That is exciting! I would love to see one, most we get here is a fox on occasion, woodchucks and bunnies.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Dexter has not left this spot. I don’t think the little guy has ever seen dogs before, I’m quite sure he thinks they are giant monsters!

65A19175-94DF-4D7B-BE42-B5BFEB59D28B.jpeg

Dexter is being supportive to the Bobbity Beep-bop. That's so cute.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@pearlsngems, the first time we heard a fox, we were scared out of our sleep! The neighbor behind us has chickens and all of
a sudden we have a fox and coyotes!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reminds me of Gizmo from The Gremlins here
45F27212-B116-4422-9326-EAD65FEB607C.jpeg

This is a sweet one
D80FA8DB-B108-4F89-8993-55B3FC1F562F.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GemHunter369

Rough_Rock
Here are a few name suggestions for a male cat: Robbie, Barley, Rocky, Pepper, Loki.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results