shape
carat
color
clarity

looking for ideas on Marquis settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arista Jack

Rough_Rock
I really love all the great ideas/help I find on this site. As you all give me great threads and other websites to check out I also come up with new questions. I have a feeling I will be getting a marquis stone as opposed to radiant diamond. Now I want to have an idea of how to best showcase my small prize. I love the look of pave and have already learned quite a bit about the various pave styles but when I try to search the internet for settings for a marquis with pave, there are very few examples. I can hardly find examples of marquis settings at all. I think this may be a dying breed of cut.

Any suggestions for a setting that would showcase a marquis (no halos please) with the added bling of pave? I need more guideance please.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have any pictures, but how about setting the stone east/west (as opposed to north/south) with a thin pave band?

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Oh, no- it''s not dying at all! A colleague of mine just received one and it is divine. I hope you find a great setting.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 5:19:09 PM
Author:Arista Jack
I really love all the great ideas/help I find on this site. As you all give me great threads and other websites to check out I also come up with new questions. I have a feeling I will be getting a marquis stone as opposed to radiant diamond. Now I want to have an idea of how to best showcase my small prize. I love the look of pave and have already learned quite a bit about the various pave styles but when I try to search the internet for settings for a marquis with pave, there are very few examples. I can hardly find examples of marquis settings at all. I think this may be a dying breed of cut.

Any suggestions for a setting that would showcase a marquis (no halos please) with the added bling of pave? I need more guideance please.

Hi Arista Jack! I know this isn''t really what you asked for but I thought I''d show you anyway. Hudson Hawk just posted this thread a few days ago and there are two marquis bands that I thought were BEAUTIFUL (esp. the first one). Although the rings pictured don''t have pave (and I don''t think I''ve ever seen a marquis with pave), the stones are set e/w, which I think is so pretty. Just wanted to share...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/paging-anchor31.60514/

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another link that could help you: Show me your marquise

There was a very simple east-west setting somewhere, I''ll see if I can find it... I love EW marquise!
30.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you want a Marquis DEF go E/W as others have suggested. So much more unique and that shape looks fantastic that way!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
E/W settings for MQ look soooo pretty!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the link I''ve been looking for... linky! The last ring on the first page is my absolute favorite marquise setting. Yummy!
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s a ritani with a marquis...

mqritanithalocombined.JPG

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Pulling an image for anchor''s link:

MAchickfinger2102.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s clementine''s custom ring from whiteflash..

DA.jpg

Arista Jack

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 5:30:30 PM
Author: Molly1024
Also, check out these threads:

link

linky

another link
Thanks so much Molly... great ideas there. I really never thought to put the marquis another direction. My appointment with the jeweler is tomoroow and I want my ducks in a row and ideas on the tip of my tongue. I really appreciate your help.
9.gif

Arista Jack

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 5:34:03 PM
Author: zoebartlett

Date: 4/12/2007 5:19:09 PM
Author:Arista Jack

Hi Arista Jack! I know this isn''t really what you asked for but I thought I''d show you anyway. Hudson Hawk just posted this thread a few days ago and there are two marquis bands that I thought were BEAUTIFUL (esp. the first one). Although the rings pictured don''t have pave (and I don''t think I''ve ever seen a marquis with pave), the stones are set e/w, which I think is so pretty. Just wanted to share...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/paging-anchor31.60514/
Zoe: That was a beaut!! I would love to design my ring a thousand different ways but budget limits me from much of my fantasies about my ring. I am looking to make the most sparkle out of the ring without distracting too much from the marquis. I am hoping ot find more Marquis, possibly with no halo''s, as I think this takes away from the stone. I think E-W is a great way to display the marquis for something different and i will look for more ideas on here. Thanks for your thread!

Arista Jack

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 6:56:09 PM
Author: anchor31
Here''s the link I''ve been looking for... linky! The last ring on the first page is my absolute favorite marquise setting. Yummy!
30.gif
Anchor31... so glad you showed that to me. Thanks.. I really like that ring as well. Love how it looks like it''s being cradle and sits low, not snagging your hose, ya know? I would change a few things but the overall ring is phenominal!
Thanks

Arista Jack

Rough_Rock
mrssalvo.. you have been great in leading me in the right direction the last few days. Thanks again. Please keep helping me find my direction. I see marquis and radiant cuts tomorrow at the jeweler and we will tlak alot about the setting, i''m sure. The idea in my head is not found anywhere on the internet, so far. I am hoping that it can even be pulled off. I will post some info abou the stones he shows me and see what everyone has to say about them. Hope to hear from you also!
36.gif

InlovewithJHK

Shiny_Rock
I love the profile on this setting!
http://www.jamesallen.com/designer-jewelry/meno_collection_by_danhov.asp?module=setting&cid=294&item=1132

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results