shape
carat
color
clarity

The most gorgeous MARQUISE ring I''ve ever seen is . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reena

Ideal_Rock
i thought this might be a fun line of posts. i started with marquise because they're somewhat unusual. we can move on to other shapes later!
2.gif

my vote is a tie between the two rings below.

Marq.JPG

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Those are pretty marquise rings.. but I generally do not like marquise at ALL.. Oddly enough.. a year or two ago I was in love with them.. I feel like they were a very "90s" trend.. The only good thing about them, is they tend to look even bigger than they are.. I tried on a 1ct marquise once when I was still in my phase of loving them and it was MONSTROUS.. I am trying to think of an example of a marquise ring I liked.. but I can't think of too many. I guess my favorite of the ones I know "in person" is one a girl I work with has probably about a 1ct with two round blue sapphire side stones.. very unique..
Melissa

reena

Ideal_Rock
yes to be honest they are not my favorite shape either . . .

but that's sort of why i started this thread, because even if you think you don't like a particular shape--and marquise stones seem to get a lot of flack--sometimes you see an amazing ring with that stone and think WOW!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Marquise have grown on me a lot... I actually like them. Someday, I'd like a ring like Catherine Zeta Jones' (can't find a pic--tried) with a nice MQ set on its side with micro pave around it...It won't be 12 cts though, like hers
2.gif
1.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
exactly jennifer! i think catherine zeta jones has the most gorgeous marquise ever! if i ever got one, the east to west setting is the way to go!

reena

Ideal_Rock
the lovely ms. zeta jones's fabuloso marquise ring may be seen below. (for the record though i do not believe that the ring indicated to be ashley judd's e-ring is in fact the correct ring.) darn tabloids.

RINGS-A1.jpg

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
i agree reena, doesn't even look like a cushion! and the setting looks a little off too

heartonfire

Rough_Rock
The two rings you posted are nice, Reena! That is the first time I thought that Marquise rings looked pretty. Where did you find them?

reena

Ideal_Rock
yeah K, it's definitely not the setting and probably not even a cushion stone. thats not surprising though because i believe there was a similar story in US this year (i'll try to dig it up) where they labeled all of the cuts incorrectly--said an asscher was a cushion, etc etc.

HOF, the bigger picture i found on a thread on diamondtalk so im not sure where it comes from. the smaller is from the "finished work" section of icestore.com and i LOVE it.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, reena! wow--it is a stunner, isn't it?
love.gif
AndI like that Angie Harmon went with the classic baguette look...that's still one of my favorites!
1.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
jennifer, angie and her man were on oprah last week, did you see it? they did a close up of her ring...i knew it was gorgeous before, but good griefies! oprah about had a hernia!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
No--missed it (don't get home in time for Oprah!)...how big do you think it is???? 5 cts????
3.gif
3.gif
It must look huge--she is so thin with tiny fingers.
1.gif

sparker

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I'll have to verbally describe the prettiest Marquise diamond I have seen. It was about 1.5 to 2ct in size, set in a platinum setting with no other adornment. The stone was set horizontally instead of along the length of the finger and I thought it was very cleverly and nicely done. It was worn by a woman who was not very feminine, but rather sporty, and outdoorsy. She commented to me that she never has liked this cut as she always equated it with very feminine women, but when her fiance offered it to her (he had purchased it several years prior) she accepted it and came up with this idea to set it. Too bad I don't have a picture. It was neet and a really nice stone I might add.

Suz

marquisemadness

Rough_Rock
I must admit I'm a bit partial to the marquise shape.
2.gif

Friends of mine who are not normally fans of the shape fell in love with mine when I got it. I am mesmerized by it every day.

M

marqu1.JPG

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My marquise RHR can be found at SMTR

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
reena, kberly and jennifer...that picture of the stars rings is not accurate at all. Ashley Judd's ring is a cushion cut on a thin pave band and Angie Harmon's ring is a RBC with pear cut stones on the side. They are both STUNNING rings...it's just too bad that the tabloids mess it up by publishing rings that they THINK belong to the stars. They just try to find something that "looks like" their e-rings. I don't know about you all but I want to know exactly what they have!!!
1.gif

I know I'm a newbie here, but I get tired of the tabloids always showing the wrong rings!!!
rolleyes.gif

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry reena, I forgot to tell you that I REALLY like the MQ ring in the larger photo! Very pretty!

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't think I'd have one to contribute, but just came across this today. I think it's just beautiful!

purtymarquise.jpg

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!

Gorgeous!

I didn't think I was a marquise woman until I saw that ring!

It's unsusual yet classic at the same time.

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Quaeritur -- those rings are very striking.
rodent.gif

Are they engagement rings or right hand rings?

northstar_78

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/31/2004 9:31:21 PM
Author:reena
i thought this might be a fun line of posts. i started with marquise because they''re somewhat unusual. we can move on to other shapes later!
2.gif

my vote is a tie between the two rings below.
Reena where did you find the pictures of these rings??? They are GORGEOUS!!

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Here''s mine, so I am partial to saying it is the most gorgeous I have ever seen.

eng1.jpg
holdring.jpg

hand1.jpg
newringside.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I could find a larger photo but I love this Etienne Perret ring. I''m not a mq fan (yet, at least) but this one is great.

marqEP.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
How about this one from DCD''s new micropave line?

dcd marquise ew.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did anyone ever see the movie "The Great Gatsby" starring Robert Redford and Mia Farrow? Mia Farrow''s character, Daisy, wears a stunning Marquise diamond. All of the jewelry in the film (even the jewelry the extras wore) was supplied by Cartier.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I too was never a huge Marquise lover until I received one and now I LOVE THEM!!! It is correct that they were a huge fad in the 1990''s but set correctly they make a huge statement. I have a 1.75 that is H color and I1 clarity. Even with a lower clariaty rating compared to my original round stone I am constantly stopped about the marquise ring.... WOOOOO

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There''s barely any better for long earrings - marqs are well served by being set open back and they have the right shape to dangle, IMO. Has anyone seen such earrings lately ?

And these are marquises too
4.gif
Can you believe this !?

RG17539.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Here is my set :) I love it WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MVC-set12S.JPG

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
better view

MVC-set11S.JPG

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2005 9:38:04 PM
Author: kaylagee
I wish I could find a larger photo but I love this Etienne Perret ring. I''m not a mq fan (yet, at least) but this one is great.
LOL, kaylagee, when I saw this thread I immediately thought of this lovely EP mq ring--thanks for posting it! I''m not usually a big mq fan either, but this one is stunning!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results