shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for help finding a loose stone

kj87

Rough_Rock
We have been looking a J coloured SI1 stone, 0.71ct triple ex with strong fluorescence for $1660 CAD.
We are setting in a rose gold solitaire so are ok with a J stone, not sure about K as we have heard they can bit more noticeably yellow.
Ideally we would like the best stone we can get with a limited budget and from someone reputable. Our budget for the stone is $1800 CAD as we will have to pay our provincial sales tax when it comes to the Ontario border. We also found the same stone on another vendor advertised at $2100, but we're told on another forum that not all diamond sellers have a great reputation and you may need to pay more for good service down the road (upgrades, return shipping, etc). I was referred here for some assistance that I would be oh so thankful for!

Hoping for a stone that faces up white, at least 0.7ct, eye clean, and we are okay with strong fluorescence since it can apparently offset the warmth of a stone. Would like to deal with someone in North America (to avoid extra costs in duties at the border) with clear policies regarding shipping, insurance, potential upgrade down the road, and a good return policy.

Should I just go with the stone we have found or is there more out there? Not sure if I can say what site has it listed or GIA number so I'll leave them out.

Thanks!!

girlguineapig

Shiny_Rock
Do you know the pavilion angle, crown angle, depth %, and table % for the stone you're looking at? If you have the GIA number, you can input the number on gia.edu and find out. Post the numbers if so. :)

kj87

Rough_Rock
Depth 61.4%
Table 60%
Pavilion angle 41.4%
Crown angle 34%

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kj87|1474852514|4080726 said:
Depth 61.4%
Table 60%
Pavilion angle 41.4%
Crown angle 34%

Kj87, Are the crown and pavilion angles in degrees or percents? Who did the paperwork on the stone? GIA/AGS/?

Looks like you'll need $2000+ CAD to get in the .7 range

kj87

Rough_Rock
Sorry! That should be degrees! And it's GIA cert'd

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results