Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for help finding a loose stone

kj87

Rough_Rock
We have been looking a J coloured SI1 stone, 0.71ct triple ex with strong fluorescence for $1660 CAD.
We are setting in a rose gold solitaire so are ok with a J stone, not sure about K as we have heard they can bit more noticeably yellow.
Ideally we would like the best stone we can get with a limited budget and from someone reputable. Our budget for the stone is $1800 CAD as we will have to pay our provincial sales tax when it comes to the Ontario border. We also found the same stone on another vendor advertised at $2100, but we're told on another forum that not all diamond sellers have a great reputation and you may need to pay more for good service down the road (upgrades, return shipping, etc). I was referred here for some assistance that I would be oh so thankful for!

Hoping for a stone that faces up white, at least 0.7ct, eye clean, and we are okay with strong fluorescence since it can apparently offset the warmth of a stone. Would like to deal with someone in North America (to avoid extra costs in duties at the border) with clear policies regarding shipping, insurance, potential upgrade down the road, and a good return policy.

Should I just go with the stone we have found or is there more out there? Not sure if I can say what site has it listed or GIA number so I'll leave them out.

Thanks!!

girlguineapig

Shiny_Rock
Do you know the pavilion angle, crown angle, depth %, and table % for the stone you're looking at? If you have the GIA number, you can input the number on gia.edu and find out. Post the numbers if so. :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kj87|1474852514|4080726 said:
Depth 61.4%
Table 60%
Pavilion angle 41.4%
Crown angle 34%

Kj87, Are the crown and pavilion angles in degrees or percents? Who did the paperwork on the stone? GIA/AGS/?

Looks like you'll need $2000+ CAD to get in the .7 range

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Elizabeth Taylor's Diamond Heart
    Elizabeth Taylor's Diamond Heart
    Tips for Black Friday Engagement Ring Shopping
    Tips for Black Friday Engagement Ring Shopping
    Get The Look: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Get The Look: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.