shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a "Round" Band

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs do you have calipers? If you do, you could use them to try to roll out tin foil bands in 2mm and 2.5mm. It wouldn't be perfect but it might get close enough to help you get a sense of the difference.

I wonder what else might work... Play doh? Electrical tape or duct tape? Thin rope wrapped with electrical tape?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs do you have calipers? If you do, you could use them to try to roll out tin foil bands in 2mm and 2.5mm. It wouldn't be perfect but it might get close enough to help you get a sense of the difference.

I wonder what else might work... Play doh? Electrical tape or duct tape? Thin rope wrapped with electrical tape?

oooh that's genius! I tried measuring width with paper, but then realized that it only got the width, but not *height* of the bands. How did I not think about tin foil??? I was sitting with my calipers and paper feeling like it was impossible haha

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs -

It's actually pretty easy to decide - just in that - if your other rings don't *also* have 2.5mm thick bands, you know already - a 2.5 wedder won't fit under their donut - if they even *have* a donut.

If you want 2.5mm wide, I would suggest a 'court' style ring - which is oval shaped. You could have 2.5mm wide, 2mm thick, in an oval shape. Looks like a round from above - but oval.

Only you will know.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As an update to this thread, I tried tin foil but failed spectacularly at getting it into a "round" shape and then bending it around my finger. Lots of curse words were used.

I ended up ordering a 2mm and 3mm in silver from deb blazer as she doesnt have 2.5mm in stock. The 3mm was WAY too thick between my fingers, so that's out. The 2mm is close to perfect. It fits under my rings and is comfortable.

My plan now is to ask the vendor on etsy if I can customize a 2.2mm band since I want just a *tiny* bit more width but think the 2.5 will end up being too tall to fit under my rings.

Happy to take pics if it would help anyone else!

As an update to this thread, I tried tin foil but failed spectacularly at getting it into a "round" shape and then bending it around my finger. Lots of curse words were used.

I ended up ordering a 2mm and 3mm in silver from deb blazer as she doesnt have 2.5mm in stock. The 3mm was WAY too thick between my fingers, so that's out. The 2mm is close to perfect. It fits under my rings and is comfortable.

My plan now is to ask the vendor on etsy if I can customize a 2.2mm band since I want just a *tiny* bit more width but think the 2.5 will end up being too tall to fit under my rings.

Happy to take pics if it would help anyone else!

How exciting! Hope the vendor gets back to you ASAP so you can finally get your dream round band

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs So did the vendor get back to you on whether they can customize a 2.2mm band for you?

Long story. They made it, but it wasnt what I wanted so I got a refund. I am getting a 2.3mm from blazer arts in silver to make sure the width works before committing to a nonrefundable one. I'm going to stick with them. Even though they are pricier it's worth it IMHO for the customer service and peace of mind

Long story. They made it, but it wasnt what I wanted so I got a refund. I am getting a 2.3mm from blazer arts in silver to make sure the width works before committing to a nonrefundable one. I'm going to stick with them. Even though they are pricier it's worth it IMHO for the customer service and peace of mind

Aw sorry it didn't work out with that other vendor. But hope you get your round band soon! Would love to see it stacked next to your other shinies.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BC72CE96-FD36-4A1B-8A06-91DD30B478BD.jpeg I have a 3x3mm round 18k gold band from Gold Project on Etsy. I love it!

That's gorgeous! It is all round? Totally floored by how thin it looks between your fingers! My all silver cheap "Test" version that was 3x3 was SO THICK between my fingers that I couldn't handle it. Yours looks amazing!

sunflowerstate

Shiny_Rock
That's gorgeous! It is all round? Totally floored by how thin it looks between your fingers! My all silver cheap "Test" version that was 3x3 was SO THICK between my fingers that I couldn't handle it. Yours looks amazing!

Thank you! Yes, it is completely round. :)

sunflowerstate

Shiny_Rock
Gah so jealous! My 3mm silver round looked like this on me, so I returned it.

20210227_094129.jpg 20210227_094135.jpg

For what it’s worth I think that looks lovely! It’s also because I have a larger finger. My ring size is 8 but I chose an 8.75 to accommodate for swelling and stacking.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For what it’s worth I think that looks lovely! It’s also because I have a larger finger. My ring size is 8 but I chose an 8.75 to accommodate for swelling and stacking.

aww thank you, I appreciate it! But sadly it just wasn't comfortable on me at all. I'm a size 7, and I thought the width looked totally fine but just couldn't handle the width between my fingers, etc.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww bummer the tin foil was more grief than helpful! And also a bummer that the 2.2mm band didn't work out. It sounds like you are in good hands now though and I can't wait to see the final result!

I am waiting on a plain 3mm band (only 2mm thick though) and I am excited to have one I can wear again. My original hasn't fit for many years, and I have recently realized how much I just love a plain, luxe, platinum band to wear alone when the mood strikes. I love your idea of same width and depth, it will be really special once you get it right!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww bummer the tin foil was more grief than helpful! And also a bummer that the 2.2mm band didn't work out. It sounds like you are in good hands now though and I can't wait to see the final result!

I am waiting on a plain 3mm band (only 2mm thick though) and I am excited to have one I can wear again. My original hasn't fit for many years, and I have recently realized how much I just love a plain, luxe, platinum band to wear alone when the mood strikes. I love your idea of same width and depth, it will be really special once you get it right!

oooo, excited for your 3mm x 2mm band.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results