shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a "Round" Band

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I have a lovely very thin "round" gold band that has weensy little diamonds set into it. It has no edges to it, and I purchased it on LT ages ago. I have hankering for a plain, wider "round" gold band, yet I'm not entirely sure what to search for, as in a sense, all bands are round. LOL!

The closest I've seen on PS is in @mrs-b's avatar photo. The function to add photos isn't working, so hopefully mrs-b will chime in and show her avatar band (Pretty please!) and then I can race off and search for a band-that-has-a-name. :D Looks like smilies aren't working, either. Oh, well!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @SparklieBug -

My band was custom made by DKJ. It's 2mm wide and 2mm deep and is...as you say...round! I can't remember what it cost to make, but it was reasonable. It's 18kt and perfectly plain and I wear it a LOT (as in...right now, for instance...)

It's a great band and it goes with everything. Even tho it's narrow, its depth makes it substantial, and it's never bent or warped in any way. I'd highly recommend it!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @SparklieBug -

My band was custom made by DKJ. It's 2mm wide and 2mm deep and is...as you say...round! I can't remember what it cost to make, but it was reasonable. It's 18kt and perfectly plain and I wear it a LOT (as in...right now, for instance...)

It's a great band and it goes with everything. Even tho it's narrow, its depth makes it substantial, and it's never bent or warped in any way. I'd highly recommend it!
Excellent! Thanks, @mrs-b ! DKJ has done various projects for me, so I'd be delighted to order from him.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bumping this older thread to ask if you ever bought a band like this @SparklieBug ? No idea why, but the idea of a fully round band has appealed to me for over a year now. Every time I see one I remember that I want one Haha. Just wanted to check if you got one and if so from where? Thanks!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
@lovedogs LOL! I've been procrastinating on a round band because... sidetracked! I have a couple other projects on-the-go that somehow superseded the band. But it's still on my must-have list.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs LOL! I've been procrastinating on a round band because... sidetracked! I have a couple other projects on-the-go that somehow superseded the band. But it's still on my must-have list.

hahaha I totally understand! Literally every time I remember the all round bands exist I decide to buy one.....and then get distracted by other stuff. Fail.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I have the attention span of a gnat, when it comes to sparklie things, LOL!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b sorry to bug you, but do you happen to have any pics of you wearing your band (And do you mind sharing your ring size)? I have been hemming and hawing for a while about 2 vs 2.5 vs 3mm. I *think* 3mm will be too wide, but still can't decide between 2 and 2.5mm. Thanks!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs - not MrsB but I have a few pics of my sapphire and emerald with a 2mm 22k band - size 5.25. I think I would've probably preferred a 2.5mm tbh. IMG_1328.JPG IMG_1328.JPG IMG_0646.jpg

oh yay!! I didn't realize anyone else on PS had an "all round" band, although I should have guessed bc you commented in earlier in the thread.

I have spent an embarrassing amount of time looking at them, trying to find info about them on Etsy, etc. They are shockingly hard to find!

I think the 2mm looks lovely on you, but I'm closer to a 6.5-7 finger, so likely 2.5mm would "fit" me better.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

One of the nicest, round comfort bands I've ever owned, was from Cartier. 4mm substantial.

cheers--Sharon

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs I thought these look nice and substantial. I think 2.5 would be a nice size as 2mm disappear on me.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs I thought these look nice and substantial. I think 2.5 would be a nice size as 2mm disappear on me.

That's where I would buy it from :) This is why I love PSers. I feel like 2.5mm will be a better size on me in terms of width, but I was nervous about the height/round-ness making it look big for its size and potentially regretting it. Since they are all custom made I wouldn't be able to return it, which stresses me out.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's where I would buy it from :) This is why I love PSers. I feel like 2.5mm will be a better size on me in terms of width, but I was nervous about the height/round-ness making it look big for its size and potentially regretting it. Since they are all custom made I wouldn't be able to return it, which stresses me out.

I guess if you’re looking for a higher profile band this would fit that bill. I understand your hesitation. I have held off as well!! The prices are nice though. I didn’t realize that they were final sale.
Keep us posted!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess if you’re looking for a higher profile band this would fit that bill. I understand your hesitation. I have held off as well!! The prices are nice though. I didn’t realize that they were final sale.
Keep us posted!!

I don't think everything is final sale, but this is what their return info says:

"If you are unhappy with your purchase, please let us know within 14 days and ship back items, after receiving the item and we will give you the return address.
Returns will incur a 15% cancellation fee and shipping cost for any materials that have been used or ordered and labor fees."

So it's not as though I would have to buy a new one and be out the entire amount, but there would be some costs involved in being wrong about the width haha.

My wedding band is a size 4 and about 2-2.25mm wide and even I feel it's dainty. I'd definitely recommend going 2.5mm and up if you want your band to stand out!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wedding band is a size 4 and about 2-2.25mm wide and even I feel it's dainty. I'd definitely recommend going 2.5mm and up if you want your band to stand out!

Thanks! I think 2.5mm will work (I hope!). It'll be a bummer if I need to return for a different width, but here's hoping.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I know we are supposed to be discussing bands but OMG that emerald!!! Do you have a thread on it? And is that the one from Dolly???

Nm I looked up the thread. I don’t know how I missed that. I was just in awe of that ring! Glad it went to a PSer!

Nm I looked up the thread. I don’t know how I missed that. I was just in awe of that ring! Glad it went to a PSer!

Random side note: recently I've found two, yes two 3-stone old cut rings with an emerald center. It's taken all my mental fortitude to not snap those babies up!

Thanks! I think 2.5mm will work (I hope!). It'll be a bummer if I need to return for a different width, but here's hoping.

Ya, the return process is such a pain sometimes. It delays us from enjoying our shinies and we lose $ in shipping (and fees).

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b sorry to bug you, but do you happen to have any pics of you wearing your band (And do you mind sharing your ring size)? I have been hemming and hawing for a while about 2 vs 2.5 vs 3mm. I *think* 3mm will be too wide, but still can't decide between 2 and 2.5mm. Thanks!

I'm so sorry, @lovedogs - I'm only just getting to this now.

I have a bunch of photos, but the band if often not very obvious.

Re size, I'd stay with 2mm, as at 2.5mm it will also be 2.5mm high - and that will be hitting the underside of any ring it's next to - or it will preclude it from sliding under another ring altogether.

So here's a few snaps; I'm somewhere between a 6.5 and a 7, depending on the photo, in these.

20200626_103753.jpg

20200916_144952.jpg

20200908_145204.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry, @lovedogs - I'm only just getting to this now.

I have a bunch of photos, but the band if often not very obvious.

Re size, I'd stay with 2mm, as at 2.5mm it will also be 2.5mm high - and that will be hitting the underside of any ring it's next to - or it will preclude it from sliding under another ring altogether.

So here's a few snaps; I'm somewhere between a 6.5 and a 7, depending on the photo, in these.

20200626_103753.jpg

20200916_144952.jpg

20200908_145204.jpg

you are the best! Thanks so much for doing this! Yours is gorgeous. I was worried about 2.5mm potentially not "fitting" under any other rings, so I'm glad you brought that up. haha the number of times I've "decided" to get the 2.5mm and then changed my mind to 2mm is almost funny, but also sad. Still haven't ordered yet due to indecision.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results