shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a dainty promise ring

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's really cute and dainty -- exactly what you described that you wanted! SCORE! :))

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
It looks perfect on her hand! You did a fantastic job! :appl:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!!! It looks so elegant on her hand :appl: :appl: :appl:
Please share the story of presenting the ring to her and her reaction :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great find! Congrats!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
very pretty!! perfect "not engagement ring" ring. :D

terceslil

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Turns out the ring was the perfect size. When I asked her about her ring size before I got the ring, she said size 6. The ring is 5.75. From my experience, it really does seem to depend on the ring. So I didn't have it sized... or polished. The question remains if it is platinum or white gold. It is stamped PLAT, but it was listed as white gold on ebay. Once I gave her the ring, I could not get it away from her or get her to a jeweler so whether it is platinum or white gold will remain a mystery for now.

The story about me giving her the ring is not the most romantic. I had the ring and planned to give it to her that night. On the way home, she was driving my car and the engine blew up. hrmph. I was concerned about her safety and her being on side of the road. I rushed to get her. I suspected she would feel that I would blame her for the car. I did not. We came home and she was very shaken. I explained that I was more concerned about her being on the side of the road stranded, and that I was not worried about the car. She seemed to take some convincing... like she was waiting on the gavel to fall about the car. But it never did.

I told her that she is very important to me. I pulled a piece of paper out of my pocket that had handwritten just what I said in an earlier post...

I am promising a future with her. She is always on my mind, I always think about her. I don't sleep well if she is not in the same bed as me. I look forward to talking to her every day. She is the first person I want to call when I want or need help. I value her happiness. She is the first person I want to talk to when I have any new news. I love her flaws as much as I love her positive traits. I want to be there for her when she wants or needs help, I want to be there to support her. I love the emotional, physical, and spiritual connection that we have. I love how we work through everything and that we have grown so much together. I want a future with her. I promise to be committed and loyal as long as it takes for us to be together in the same place. That is my promise to her.

I skimmed over it, holding the paper behind her where I could see over her shoulder. I didn't read it verbatim, but I said it all. I put the ring on her finger, and she looked at me in disbelief.

She said it is the most beautiful ring she had ever seen. She felt overwhelmed and she thanked me for all the promises.

I hugged and kissed her.

Months ago, she told me her ideal proposal would be an evening at home, doing normal things, eating pizza. She didn't want a huge planned ordeal for a proposal. Even though it was not a proposal, I wanted to honor her wishes to keep things simple. I planned to eat at a small family restaurant that night and come home and give her the ring. There was no way to foresee that the engine in the car was going to blow or that she would be so shaken or that she would expect me to blame her. I saw it as an opportunity for me to show her how important she is to me - that despite everything going on around us, she is most important.

Thanks for all of the feedback. I feel really good to have chose this ring. :D

terceslil

Shiny_Rock
Trade
To the folks who advised that people might mistaken this ring for an engagement ring, you were right. She is not out to her family. She took the ring off to visit her family for the holidays because she did not want them to think it was an engagement ring. Nor did she want to tell them she was in a relationship. Or gay. She didn't tell me she took the ring off until I asked her about it, and then she defended her decision.

No worries any more about weather the ring is off or on. We broke up. I love her very much. I can't be a secret, though.

Thanks for all your help in deciding on a ring. Your feedback was great. I might be in a little better position if I had listened to your feedback. And no, I did not ask for the ring back.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry terceslil - sounds like she has some things to work out and is struggling a bit right now but I understand your feelings too - hugs to you.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry to read this update. Hugs to you - you did your best, and the rest was out of your hands. I hope you'll be back under better circumstances... including, by the way, the possibility that you might want to treat yourself to a little bling! :naughty:

annam

Rough_Rock
I am sorry this happened to you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results