shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for 1.5ct FL/IF

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamondsman,
Seems how your rant apears to aimed at my questions as well as aljdewey
I will answer a few of them:
answers to:
4 - tough, then you wont get recomended by me the other vendors seem to be able to afford it. I do not have time to search 30 sites.
6 - I said it would be a nice way to set yourself apart it is up to you if you do so or not. Read my sig I in no way claim to be an expert.

If I have made a factual error in reponding to someone please point it out to me so I can correct it.
Thank you,

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
in regards to your answer # 4+6,
tough,I have very happy clients with my prices, and have been only complimented on my prices, i will not change themt !!
I repeat I have over 40,000 stones on my site, how would you reccomend I scan every cert. or give cr.& pavillion angles on evey stone??please be realistic!
or maybe you know a better way! Awaiting your advise.

I still stand behind my feelings on "those few people"reccommending the same vendors!!

look at the original question.
and then Look at my posting what did i do wrong!!

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
i don't understad how is it that you have bought one diamond and you became the xpert ,
I am here to give out informative information to consumers, and will do so !!
You are incinuating that after every 5 poats i promote mysel, prove it!!!!!!!!
meanwhile you are always on this forum, and i mean always!!!!This makes me wonder?This is still the u.s.a and i am entitled to my opinion, you are always promoting the same vendors!! does that mean that all the others are not to your likings or could it be a pattern???? these are my thoughts

look at the original posting and my answer, tell me what is wrong.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
i am not going to discuss this any further!!on this forum
if anybody wants to discuss it he can e mail me!!
as this is not appropriate!!to the original question
that include you mara!!

good bye and good luck
I will not comment anymore!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank God.

Hodne

Rough_Rock
Finally someone grabed the wheel!
Are we back on track yet?
rodent.gif

Hodne

Rough_Rock
yeah, cant we all just get along!?
9.gif

Hodne

Rough_Rock
Would there be a big, small or no visible difference between this stone : http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_60ct_d_if__h&a.htm and an 8* with similar results on various of the tests?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey bossman,

Just answered that last question for ya in my last email to ya.

Regards,

Rhino

Hodne

Rough_Rock
Hey
1.gif

Thanks!
Just read it and sendt a reply.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 11/26/2003 10:09:10 AM Hodne wrote:

It's not only about what the eye can see, for me. It is also the knowlage that it's one of the better cut stones around. This is my opinion and i stand by it!----------------

Ummm, if you are concerned with the knowledge of having a "better cut" stone then why are you so hell bent on a D/IF when that has nothing to do with the actual cut itself? Just curious........ not that I'm trying to change your mind or anything.
rolleyes.gif
I'm off to read the rest of this thread now.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 11/26/2003 12:30:06 PM Mara wrote:

The D color is more subjective, some people can see color changes. But clarity? Nope. That D VS1 would make a nice 2.5c stone instead of the *measly* 1.5c.
11.gif
----------------

Mara, lol!
9.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
There's nothing wrong with desiring to own a D/IF. Everybody has their own tastes, and we shouldn't try and create a "box" that everybody should fit in.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Richard you're correct, and if he can afford it I say why not. But he mentioned "better cut" when in the big picture he seems to mean "better stone." Sorry, I'm just being technical I guess.
loopy.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 11/28/2003 11:14:50 AM diamondsman wrote:

aljdewey, very unprofessional of you to talk this way!!! and I dont appreciate you bashing my site!!I spent a lot of money on it and you have no right doing what you did!!!
you dont know the facts!!!
here they are:
1)I got over 40,000 stones listed on my site and if you can't finbd it there you cannot find it anywhere!!
2) It would be impossible for me to scan every certificate on to my website,that is why I have a template that shows what the cert looks like!!
3)most websites have the same stones,with the exception that I own alot of these stones,not to say that some of them dont , but I know that a lot of them dont own stones!
4) I dont advertise on pricesope or any other place because my margin of profit doesnot allow me to spend so much money as these places require!!
5) I think that I have one of the most competitive prices on the web!!!
6) g.i.a doesnot give ant cr.height or pavillion angles on their certs!!thousands of stones are being sold everyday in b&m stores and on websites without the info you are claiming is needed, does that mean that these people are not as educated as you are!!
also please don't lecture me about my site or the way i am conducting myself on this forum,as i have been giving more realistic information to consumer then you ever did!!!
look back at my posting I only asked what he thinks of this stones!!
----------------

1. How much money you spent on your site is irrelevant to quality/quantity of information.

2. I didn't bash your website.....you insinuated that those of us who regularly recommend other vendors have ulterior motives because we don't recommend you too. My reply was to outline for you WHY I don't recommend your site. If you're unhappy with that answer, I can't help that. I'm not saying your site is bad, I'm not making any inferences about the quality of your product......I'm telling you that your format does not appeal to *me*, and that's why *I* personally don't recommend it. If there wasn't another vendor here, I still wouldn't recommend to your site as it stands because I value information and you don't provide it.

3. I'm delighted to hear that others can purchase without that information. That's the target market you should be going for. Incidentally, that same market probably isn't going to come here asking for recommendations, so they will be unaffected by the fact that I'd refrain recommending you. I don't make any claims, by the way, to be more or less educated than anyone else. I'm telling you what *I* value for information in the decision process.....I didn't say it was right or it was wrong, only that it's what I value.

4. I didn't lecture you about your site. You "wondered" why you don't get recommended; I spelled it out for you. If the answer displeases you, then don't ask that question again and you won't have to hear it. I didn't lecture you about your conduct. You wondered why it's okay for consumers to recommend or "promote"; I cited the forum policy that outlines WHY. Again, if you don't like the answer, don't ask the question again.

I don't know the facts???? The fact is this: you don't provide the information I consider important to purchase, and as such, I wouldn't recommend you to anyone who I think also values that information. It's not a personal thing at all, and it's too bad that you think it is.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey Al, You might want to check out the steam room...DM has voiced more concerns there..
wavey.gif

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Where is this Steam Room? Does it also have a Hot Tub?
9.gif

DM, like you I'm against the shilling for vendors that goes on here sometimes, and I also agree with Al's constructive ctiticism of your site format. Let me give some specific reasons:

The results of a search for stones doesn't return the basic information needed to cull through the list for candidates, e.g. table, depth, dimensions. Unless you've already made your own handpicked selection in person of the best of the best, it's a minimum requirement.

In a search, I can't tell which stones you own. Those would be the ones I'd like to ask you about first, as you could provide the most information and a hands-on evaluation.

The simulated GIA report has to go. Something tells me you may even be at risk legally for displaying information in that format. Even if not, and even though it's not the result of any sinister motives, it leaves a bad impression.

If you want to see one of the best examples of a diamond site for the masses, not the lunatic fringe that hangs out here
1.gif
, take a look at BN...easy to cull results, reports for every stone, a few tasteful pieces of relatively inexpensive jewelry too.

Edited to add that I didn't read any of this until page 4, since I could care less about D-IF diamonds, but at 4 pages I knew there had to be a hot discussion
1.gif
...reading this makes me wish Paul-Antwerp would provide his sage advice much more often
1.gif

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Al, if it wasn't clear in my post, I've never thought of you as shilling for any particular vendor here. But I think a lot of it goes on.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
No harm taken, Elmo......I didn't see your post when I posted mine, but even then, I wouldn't have taken your comments personally.

Thanks, though, for the clarification....it certainly is appreciated!
wink2.gif
I take great care to be as objective and fair as I can.....to all.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 11/29/2003 12:07:40 AM Richard Sherwood wrote:

There's nothing wrong with desiring to own a D/IF. Everybody has their own tastes, and we shouldn't try and create a 'box' that everybody should fit in.
----------------

Your absolutely right. I am not questioning his choice because it is clear that is what *he* wants. I'm just a big believer in buying what *she* may want. If she would like & appreciate the sentiment then more power to him. I know I would *not*.

I get in trouble for saying that from time to time; but, the most touching of diamond buyers IMHO are the one's that try to please their gal - knowing what her preferences are.

BTW, my only affiliation to anyone is that I have no affiliation to anyone.
9.gif
What that means, I'm not really sure.

spicolicpa

Shiny_Rock
Edited to move my entire comment to a new thread and kill this one.

appl.gif

Hodne

Rough_Rock
Good Idea
1.gif

DEVO

Rough_Rock
Hodne,

What have you decided? Do you have any other canidates other then the one at GOG (which I like)? Is money no object, can you do something like Paul-Antwerp suggested?

Hodne

Rough_Rock
Well, I can tell you that GOG is at the top of my list at this point in time. I think the two stones we have been looking at are very nice indeed. I am not far away from a making my decision. But if someone can find me better.... (not interested in recutting)

bling

Shiny_Rock
wow! i cant wait to hear what you finally decide....whenever the decision is made, please come back and share with us! good luck!
appl.gif
9.gif
naughty.gif
rodent.gif
wacko.gif
loopy.gif

Hodne

Rough_Rock
Thanks, I will!
2.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 12/1/2003 5:31:02 PM Hodne wrote:

I am not far away from a making my decision. But if someone can find me better....

----------------

Point in case on why I believe we shouldn't limit or regulate members' posts.

Even though Hodne has looked everywhere *he* can think of, he may have missed something. He would appreciate knowing of other options, and I don't find him to unlike many others who come here.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I will most definitely be interested in seeing the results! Honde, do post pics when you've made your purchase so we can ogle and drool over your lovely eye candy!
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results