shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for 1.5ct FL/IF

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hodne

Rough_Rock
It's not only about what the eye can see, for me. It is also the knowlage that it's one of the better cut stones around. This is my opinion and i stand by it!

Hodne

Rough_Rock
Mara and Fire&Ice: We are probably not in the same "situation".

diamond dazed

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 11/26/2003 10:09:10 AM Hodne wrote:

It's not only about what the eye can see, for me. It is also the knowlage that it's one of the better cut stones around. This is my opinion and i stand by it!----------------

Did you mean knowledge?

Nobody's perfect.

Kris

Hodne

Rough_Rock
Hey, I'm Norewgian. gimme a break!!!

guslik

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 11/26/2003 10:20:36 AM Hodne wrote:

Mara and Fire&Ice: We are probably not in the same 'situation'.----------------

It is nice to see a man who thinks his G/F is perfect. I just don't think that if you buy anything less than D/IF diamond means that your G/F is not perfect. I prefer my hubby to KNOW the REAL ME (BTW, nobody is perfect) and Love me as I AM , not some kind of IDOL image he has in his mind
1.gif
Good luck with your search!

Hodne

Rough_Rock
After beeing together for 6 very good years I just feel like getting her what I feel she deserves. People dont have to share my opinion, but just respect it.

Hodne

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info. spicolicpa
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 11/25/2003 8:35:47 PM jenibear wrote:

I found one you may like at Good Old Gold!
1.gif

It's 1.60 D/IF AGS Ideal '0'
love.gif

with EX polish and EX symmetry and Very High light return.
love.gif

All for the bargain price of.......
$31,891!
6.gif
eek.gif
6.gif
eek.gif
6.gif
eek.gif
6.gif
eek.gif

http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_60ct_d_if__h%26a.htm
----------------
Great suggestion, Jen, but I assume this will be DENIED. It only scores ex-ex-VG-VG on the HCA, so I'd guess that's not perfect enough either.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Diamondsman.....he'll need crown/pav angles in order to determine if it meets ex-ex-ex-ex on the HCA......which is among the many non-negotiable criteria in obtaining perfection.

spicolicpa

Shiny_Rock
Please be kind to Honde....ref my above post in the off chance he is "for real" do not blow this possible big sale for any vendors and take from him a chance to be an informed buyer.

Hodne

Rough_Rock
http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_60ct_d_if__h%26a.htm

This is the one of the finer stones I have seen so far. If I cant find better within a couple of months, this might be the one.

spicolicpa

Shiny_Rock
Keep looking Honde, place a few calls. I would call Barry @ SuperbCerts (From my experience their stones are as good as Hearts of Fire or any other branded high priced alternative) also call Whiteflash and GOG.

If you do plan on dropping $25k plus you will have some leverage. Maybe the time to get serious is in the consumer down time after New Years, maybe you can even haggle a bit.

Tell them what you want and I am sure you will get your dream stone. In the process learn as much as possible here, this is the place to do it.

DEVO

Rough_Rock
Looks good. The angles on the sarin report are not identical but I don't know if this is even possible. But I understand where you are coming from, if I had the budget I would be doing the same. I sort of did only with under 10k budget.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
How about this one? It's a H&A D 1.50 IF

http://www.abazias.com/database/rapinfo.asp?stock=4190473&flag=ps

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 11/26/2003 10:20:36 AM Hodne wrote:

Mara and Fire&Ice: We are probably not in the same 'situation'.
----------------

Not sure what you mean by 'situation' here....if you mean that I don't want my sweetie to drop $30k on a 1.6c stone that looks white and eye-clean...yes you'd be right, we are definitely not in the same situation, and I hope we never would be! It has nothing to do with affording it--it's a conscious decision that other items in our lives are more important (e.g. new house!) than having a 'flawless' stone like me (HAH! I think I'd pass out and die if my sweetie told me that.) Especially since flawless in this instance still means flawed...inside. Not exactly the best connotation.
9.gif

But of course it's totally your prerogative.

However, would note that if you have not been out and about in stores and seen something like a IF vs a VS1...you should--because your eye will confirm that the IF is all about perception, nothing to do with reality.

1.gif
The D color is more subjective, some people can see color changes. But clarity? Nope. That D VS1 would make a nice 2.5c stone instead of the *measly* 1.5c.
11.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
is is HILARIOUS !

Can anyone buy a D-IF in peace anymore?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You're right, its completely HILARIOUS (with an I)
1.gif

Actually you know that I'm really just jealous...I want a D IF you know!!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PRICE puzzle: why the bargain?

ONE

and

TWO

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 11/26/2003 1:02:50 PM Mara wrote:

I want a D IF you know!!!!
----------------

Really, I was very sincere listing my preferences in the first (and longest) post on this thread. I was just wandering wether GIA's extra-narrow diamonds grades have widened or restrained the notion of 'collection-quality diamonds'.
2.gif

Well, but this is a fun hunt nevertheless!
1.gif

spicolicpa

Shiny_Rock
22.gif

cry.gif

rolleyes.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I am not going to give you any heat about trying to buy "perfection on paper." If you can afford a $25-30K+ stone w/o sacrificing elsewhere (like money for a house) then go for it. I think 1.5 carats is a nice size, although many women prefer larger -- if this is not a surprise proposal, maybe you should ask your girlfriend if she prefers a flawless 1.5 carat or a VVS 2 carat.

If you cannot find a 1.5 D/IF with an amazing cut, please consider dropping to a VVS to get the best cut. I'm sure you've already read here that cut is a much more important factor for visual performance than clarity.

Have you looked at super ideal cuts in person yet? The Eightstar blew me away with its amazing flashes of light. Several posters have commented that the new line of A Cut Above's from Whiteflash have a similar look, but for a lower price. The 1.6 D/IF already posted from Good Old Gold also looks amazing, even if it did not receive 4 EX's.

Good luck with your search.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Hodne, if price is truly no object (if that's what you mean by your "situation"), then I would just give eightstar a call and tell them what you want. I'm sure they would be happy to cut you a 1.5 ct D-FL eightstar, though it might cost you $40-50,000. Money doesn't bring happiness, but it can make a lot of things much easier. Put yours to work for you and stop blundering around in the dark hoping to stumble over this "perfect" stone of yours.

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
--------------------
'I ask not for a larger garden, but for finer seeds.'
- Russell Herman Conwell
--------------------

Oh, I love this quote. Note it is finer seeds, not perfect seeds.

I also love "I may not be perfect, but parts of me are excellent" Mrs. Goodfriend, my daughter's first grade teacher, had this posted in her classroom.

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
By the way, sorry to razz on you, Hodne. It just makes me uncomfortable when people refer to each other as "perfect". Perhaps the language barrier puts us at a disadvantage, and what you mean is perfect for you. My husband is also perfect - for me. And so is my ring!

The other piece you are hearing is "wow, wish I had that kind of disposable income!" and "wow, wish I could justify spending that kind of money if I had it!". I would have to be a serious philanthropist, and have all the $ I need for the rest of my life in the bank, before I could drop 30K on a stone. This is not judgemental of you, just who I am. Sorry if I made you feel attacked, and we are glad to see you here.

Hodne

Rough_Rock
Nice quote. Sounds like its fit for the stone im looking for
1.gif

I really dont understand why some of you feel you have to tell me how to spend my money.
Mikesgirl: About the $. That might just be the case.
Also, you are quite right about there being a language barrier here, so please dont get stuck on what this thread is not about.

I am very greatful for all the other inormation though
love.gif

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
If she's so perfect, and you're in such a great situation, why on earth did you make the poor dear wait SIX YEARS for a ring??? Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!!

Hodne

Rough_Rock
Because we do things differently here in Norway. We like to be as sure as possible that a lifelong relationship will work before we get married. Did that answer you question??

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
Hodne - With your requirements, she may have to wait even ANOTHER year. The people who responded obviously have a lot more knowledge about diamonds than you (or I) Try listening to them...

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 11/26/2003 1:02:50 PM Mara wrote:

>
Actually you know that I'm really just jealous...I want a D IF you know!!!!
----------------

No, that was me who had to turn around three times so that I wished my stone would turn into a D/IF. But, it had to be from Tiffany's.
wink2.gif
9.gif

A thought, is that what your to be would like for you to spend money on? If so, then more power to you. It's just a flawed notion that someone is perfect. I would never want to live up to that expectation. Although, if it's just a sentiment, then it's sweet.

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
What the heck is going on here?
6.gif

Let this poor guy spend his money the way he wants.
Had I the disposable income he has I'd buy an ideal cut, D IF 3 ct. princess.
love.gif

Does that make me a bad person?
11.gif

Some people want what they want.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results