shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for 1.5ct FL/IF

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hodne

Rough_Rock
I have been trying to locate a 1.5ct. FL/IF, D, H&A with HCA score EX on all points with no luck. I want this stone to be as perfect as possible. Please contact me if you can provide me with a diamond like this.

PS. I am NOT interested in a stone of lesser quality!

Thanks!

spicolicpa

Shiny_Rock
1.21 sweetheart

They also have a 1.65 Super Ideal IF-E

Wish I had your budget

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 11/25/2003 5:55:34 PM Hodne wrote:

I have been trying to locate a 1.5ct. FL/IF, D, H&A with HCA score EX on all points with no luck. I want this stone to be as perfect as possible. Please contact me if you can provide me with a diamond like this.

PS. I am NOT interested in a stone of lesser quality!

Thanks!
----------------

HA......I was looking for the perfect man at one point, too.

wink2.gif

Kidding aside, the closest I could find was a 1.21, D, IF, scored ex-ex-ex-vg on the HCA. That may be the closest you'll get. You can find it here: http://www.superbcert.com/products/index.cfm?Product_ID=68&Product_Subcategory_ID=3&Product_Category_ID=3&Product_Group_ID=1

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think that if you would contact the top vendors listed here, then any of them can get you what you are looking for. I would choose the one whos combination of services suits you the most (30 day inspection period, lifetime upgrade, tons of detailed reports, etc.). Nice goal for the stone!
10.gif

Hodne

Rough_Rock
Those stones are nice, but it has to be perfect, like her
1.gif

Caratz

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 11/25/2003 6:19:51 PM Hodne wrote:

1.gif
----------------

"Flawless" and "Internally Flawless" are a marketing gimmick. What that means is that no inclusions are visible under 10x magnification. Pump up the magnification to 50x, 100x or 1000x and you're going to see some flaws.

Good luck in your search . . .

spicolicpa

Shiny_Rock
"....What that means is that no inclusions are visible under 10x magnification. Pump up the magnification to 50x, 100x or 1000x and you're going to see some flaws....

Don't try this at home......
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Good luck--I agree that almost any vendor would be more than happy to take your copious amounts of money and give you a 1.5c D IF/FL for your sweetie. Keep calling around!

BTW those 'nice stones' are top notch....what exactly is your idea of perfection here?

And yes as Caratz notes..there is NO SUCH THING as a flawless diamond. Every diamond has flaws. The FL/IF grades just mean that none were visible under 10x mag.

1.gif

Hodne

Rough_Rock
I am thinking as "perfect" as can be provided within the next 6mos. or so.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you need to clarify what your idea of PERFECT is just to be sure everyone is on the same page.

Did you not like the 1.21c D IF because it was not 1.5c? Or because it wasn't as IF as you'd like to to be?
confused.gif

Hodne

Rough_Rock
both, but mostly size.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
"...because it wasn't as IF as you'd like it to be?"

LMAO!
9.gif

Hodne, I suspect it might take you longer than 6 months to locate a stone with those exact parameters.

spicolicpa

Shiny_Rock
From the picture bro, your not able to determine any visible internal flaws.....aka IF....

Maybe you need to do some more homework?....

If you really dont care about how much you spend, I say hell with it and you and I go into the diamond MINING business together. I know a guy who knows a guy that is buying a mine....you front the dough; Ill be the face
2.gif

Hodne

Rough_Rock
Well, lets hope i get lucky then!
1.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
You may wish to contact Whiteflash. Maybe Brian the Cutter can make your dream stone a reality.
1.gif

www.whiteflash.com

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good idea, Scoob!!!
rodent.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Such stones are out there but you will need to contact a professional vendor and have them start searching hard for you. You will pay through the nose for this sort of service, but I expect you know that already.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Ranks Raphne.
naughty.gif

Caratz

Shiny_Rock
Get out your checkbook. The American Star might be just the thing for you.

http://www.eightstar.com/american.htm

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
I found one you may like at Good Old Gold!
1.gif

It's 1.60 D/IF AGS Ideal "0"
love.gif

with EX polish and EX symmetry and Very High light return.
love.gif

All for the bargain price of.......
$31,891!
6.gif
eek.gif
6.gif
eek.gif
6.gif
eek.gif
6.gif
eek.gif

http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_60ct_d_if__h%26a.htm

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi! Perfection does have some technical meaning for diamonds, and I thought I'd drop a note about what it may mean. Not only I am curious about your take on these-since so few seem interested, but also interested to help find the best way to procure your dream stone (ok, I am not the source).

The perfect clarity: You say FL/IF, the difference between the two are external characteristics which do not affect clarity grading (such as polish details, for example). However, the 'FL' status does not endure while the diamond is set and worn, since any disruption of its surface would distroy the grade (down to IF). Unless you mean to keep the diamond in a little protective box thereafter, FL does not make sense. IF diamonds can have internal characteristics (departures from the theoretical basic crystalization model) which, byt definition, do not influence the clarity grade.

The perfect color: D is a color range, and a few, rare diamonds are whiter than standard instruments can measure. There is no grade for these: sometimes they go with the name of 'Golconda white', even if they are not from the respective source or 'high white'. I had seen one, there is a thread on PS about them and enough literature out there.

The perfect cut: it has not been defined yet once and for all, but there are a couple of receipes out there. For example, if one defines perfection as maximum light return, than this can be achieved by many sets of geometrical parameters, so more choices (constraints) are needed to pinpoint a perfect shape. Of course, symmetry can be 'perfect' within some minimum tollerance given the technical limitations of the cutting.

In the end, your problem may be that there are too many 'perfect diamonds' (where perfection is defined by the usual grading parameters). For gems, in general, 'perfection' is usually associated with rarity. For example, one would know that he has the 'perfect ruby' when looking at a ceritified flawless, unenhanced, 95% Red, say over 5cts stone. The chances for the same person to see another one like that, are slim. Once you get a D-IF, the chances to see another are a phone call away even if it took for a whole small hill to be processed by some machinery in South Africa for the result. I would call a dimaond within such realm of rarity 'perfect'... So? A high white, IF stone, aided perhaps by a rare cristal type (IIb types reach such colorless clarity, due to the scarcity of non-carbon atoms in the crystal lattice : OH...MAYBE this is closing on the required definition of perfection?). And the hand of a renowned master cutter handling the stone (forget about listed diamonds, get it custom cut, there are enough wizards left in this trade). However, among diamonds, large sizes dictate rarity more than any other characteristic... sorry. Even a boart of a few hundred carats would get museums interested!

Hope this helps!

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
--------------
--------------

Phew. Now there's a pedestal I wouldn't want to have to keep from falling off of. Glad my honey got me a G VS2 (and the down payment on a house).

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
MG..actually you said what I had been thinking...hee hee.

THUD.
rodent.gif

DEVO

Rough_Rock
why stop with just the 4cs and perfect HCA (all ex)... why not make sure every angle is perfectly symmetrical to the nth degree. hey if money is no object, why settle for less?

1.gif

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Weight 1.54

Shape & Cut B
Measurements 7.45*7.52*4.57

Proportions
Depth 61
Table 56
Girdle TN-M
Culet N

Finish
Polish X
Symmetry X

Clarity Grade IF

Color Grade D

Fluorescence M

what do you think about this one.

Hodne

Rough_Rock
Fluorecsence has to be none.
If you look at this stone, we are getting closer: http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_60ct_d_if__h%26a.htm
Please send some comments on this diamond. Where its flaws are etc.

Thanks!

magna2

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 11/26/2003 9:08:50 AM Hodne wrote:

Fluorecsence has to be none.
If you look at this stone, we are getting closer: http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_60ct_d_if__h%26a.htm
Please send some comments on this diamond. Where its flaws are etc.

Thanks!----------------

Flaws???? This is a AGS000 cut stone. I can't comment on the price since I don't have that kind of discretionary funds and can't picture myself spending that kind of money on a luxury item.

But if you still don't like this stone because it still doesn't fit whatever criteria that you have set, then just dispense with the idea of buying a diamond because my take is that nothing will be good enough for you. The only criterion that was not met is the HCA ratings of "excellent" all around - very good for spread. But note that it is not that big of a deal to not have a rating of "excellent" for spread.

rodent.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are not too many bad things there. I do not see the ISEE2 report. This would give some extra diagnostic on symmetry and the 'looks' of the diamond under normal lighting. Surely GOG can get that for you asap. For the exting measures, the stone is quite above the top of the scale, so no comment. I would also ask about internal characteristics which are not captured in clarity grades and ask about the ranking of the stone within the D-color range.
Best of luck!

Chrisk327

Rough_Rock
Far as I can see No flaws... I can't run HCA b/c I can't get the Sarin viewer to work. you want to find flaws in it ask Jonothan at Good Old Gold, he will tell you. I've been there and dealt with him and his sis Amy. Both very nice and I think completely honest. You tell him what you want and he'll give you his opinion.
If he doesn't have what you are looking for he won't try and sell you something different. He (like I'm sure others here too)probably can find what you're looking for too, if you ask him. He is definately a picky when it comes to his inventory.

On a side note, I think looking for D/IF is way over the top. Have you actually gone out and looked at real well cut stones(ie. true H&A)? Maybe my visual accuity is screwy but I sure couldn't tell the diff in the DEF range. I could from there to higher, but only slightly through H. Also, unless you're trained finding the flaws on a VS1/2 under a 10X is a real real project I looked at a few that I could not find any. No way I could find any flaws in a VVS under 10X. Not saying you should compromise its all your opinion, just that saying "where are the flaws in the IF?" is a hair on the outragious side.

Go look at the stones, it definately changed my opinion. Specs are specs but, but just b/c a stone looks good(or bad) on paper doesn't mean it is in real life.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 11/25/2003 8:47:35 PM Mikesgirl wrote:

--------------
--------------

Phew. Now there's a pedestal I wouldn't want to have to keep from falling off of. Glad my honey got me a G VS2 (and the down payment on a house).----------------

9.gif
I'm also with Mara on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results