shape
carat
color
clarity

Lookey what I got...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe, thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions Dreamer! I will write more tommorrow when I have more time (sneaking a peak now between a show we are watching). But either way, this ring will be awesome. I look forward to more pics, and again, will comment more tomorrow!

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :love: I'm so glad I PS'er bought this! Yay Dreamer! I saw someone post it in the vintage forum and I was drooling! I kept telling myself to focus, focus, FOCUS and save my money.....lol. And it is so much more beautiful all cleaned up Dreamer! It's really just fabulous! :love: :appl:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1338009761|3204089 said:
TravelingGal|1337970547|3203709 said:
btw, I think the stones look awesome on your hand! What do you think of the proportions? I know you like 2:1, but this is more than that. Personally, if I had them, they'd probably be my new favorite proportions. :lol:

I still am a bit biased on 2:1 though, since I think it showcases the center, without being shrinking violets. What will you do about bands? I can't wait to see what you end up with....maybe have that dream setting you love remade (the fourtaine one)?

I love these proportions! It is 1.2:1. I would not have picked it, but now that I have it, I love it. And the center still stands out. I am definitely thinking of the fourtaine one! I am sort of thinking unplated white gold, matching plain band. Yummy.

I'm sure I missed something along the way, but can you post a pic of the fourtaine setting you're thinking about?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous, DD! I can't wait to see how you set it.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1338009378|3204088 said:
TravelingGal|1337964938|3203645 said:
btw, do you have other sidestones to match it if the wonk bothers you on the current sidestones?

No, the studs I have that are 5.6mm have really different faceting. It is hard to explain, but I will try to take some photos soon to show what I mean. Considering the previous owner told me that SHE paired the center with the sides, which were an existing pair, I am really impressed with how well the center and the sides go together.

That would be great Dreamer...I'd be really interested to see the differences!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1338010553|3204094 said:
TravelingGal|1337976300|3203792 said:
Dreamer_D|1337975913|3203784 said:
TravelingGal|1337975009|3203769 said:
Mara|1337974763|3203760 said:
I can see how the center might be a little diff from more traditional OEC's..table looks a little bigger and the crown facets a little shorter. Love the crown profiles big time! And I really like that mount, gah I love old vintage stuff like that! Fantastic. Toss it in the US and let it go for a few hours with continually putting in hot water, should get some of that gunk loose in the sides.

I do too. And the fun part is you can wear it while you take some good time to mull its final home.

You guys don't mind that the center basket is cut and pasted in?

I don't love it but I don't hate it either. I am going to take it to get appraised so I can insure it, and ask them to tighten the prongs on one stone at the same time (stone rotates). It is not the forever home, though, I want something fluid and perfect. Not sure what yet -- the fourtane one is on the list TGal!

Well, knowing it's not the final home, nope, I think it's fine and wouldn't bother me. Plus I tend to stare at the top down view on mine...which is why I realized I like mine fine the way it is (the dot issue). Granted, if the center basket on yours matched the sides, I'd probably LOVE it!

I'm ridiculously excited about your new project, especially since mine is done and I feel like I need a fix. it's a disease!!!

Well please post inspriation pictures! I want something that nods to antiques, plain metal, prongs -- more the merrier -- and low stance. I would like some organic elements, like curls and such.

A beautiful profile is super important to me, because when typing THAT is what I see!

I have a folder full of stuff I will look through, but most have bezels of some sort (which since my stones were bezeled previous, I knew I liked the stones just fine bezeled). I agree what you say about the profile and typing etc, so the gallery was important to me too (and why I was stuck on which vendor to go with because I wasn't sure what design I wanted), but the crazy bling factor off the top view is what draws me!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, and can you post a pic of the aurora and the 3 stone on the same finger? :naughty:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
haha TGal, I was just thinking the same thing :Up_to_something:

So happy for you DD--you finally have what your heart has been hankering for all these years, full finger coverage if sparkling perfect high clarity OECs:cheeky: ;)) :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

It's gorgeous and GIANT!!!!

I can't wait to see how you set it and if this satisfies your diamond cravings once and for all (well...in terms of your ering I mean...b/c we all know there are still studs, pendants, RHRs, and maybe an amazing tennis bracelet made from a string of OECs you find on the ebay hunt :Up_to_something: just sayin' Bliss's new bracelet has me thinking not so budget friendly thoughts ;))

So happy for you and for the great ebay find.

You and TGal are going to both have the most amazing old stone, ebay, three stone rings out there! :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Congratulation on your dream three stone ring, dear Dreamer! I cant wait to see how you set it :appl: :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you finally have a three stone ring - it looks beautiful! I too will be interested in the final setting - can't wait to see what you decide!

It really looks beautiful on you - congrats and enjoy!! :appl:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Holy $%@!. Oh sorry, outside voice... :bigsmile:

Am I the only one that wants a crapload more photos?

Seriously D, for all the work (searching and advice) you do with old cuts, you deserve that find. Could you do some photos of your hand and the ring a bit further back? And then a whole ton more any other way?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mico|1337974875|3203764 said:
definitely jealous! But I wouldn't be skilled enough to buy it, i'm still a PS newbie. I would, however, LOVE if you would teach me!!! Negotiating is my biggest factor... knowing how to talk to buyers and going back and forth. I will try to locate you some how if that's ok! ;-)

Go for it, or just ask here. What do you want to know exactly?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1337978633|3203835 said:
Dreamer_D|1337978464|3203833 said:
THIS ring is Big Bertha, Mara ;))

Pay no attention to the woman gunning for a 9mm stone...her perception is skewed.... :cheeky:

hahaa... yes, Mara is like "Harumph, I don't get out of bed for less than 9mm!!"

pssst: Linda Evangelista reference

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
onedrop|1337981384|3203868 said:
DD, those new pics are amazing. Now I have a better idea of what was missing in the last set of stones that you were trying to make a three stone. These new ones have a "togetherness" (I know sappy) that the others didn't have.

:))

Actually, the other suite went together very well, but they were a fair bit smaller: This one is 5.8 - 6.9 - 5.8 and the other suite is 5.6 - 6.2 - 5.6. The other suit, the three stones all look very close to the same size, whereas here the center pops more. But its true, these three stones are very well matched in faceting!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
SparklyOEC|1338045312|3204246 said:
I'm sure I missed something along the way, but can you post a pic of the fourtaine setting you're thinking about?

This is the setting that, when I say it online, I just stopped and said "WOW!" I really love it. My only hesitation is that I am not 100% sure I want all the tables on the same place because it would mean the sides very high -- the center is very deep -- and I am not sure the basket detaling will work on my stones. Thoughts anyone?

dreamthreestone.jpg

dreamthreestone2.jpg

dreamthreestone3.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have always been a fan of the Sophie by JBEG basket, which as you can see, is similar to the Fourtane ring I just posted, but with the central spire on the fleur de lis ending rather than stretching up to for prongs. Both are classic styles I think in older style three stones; I have seen these themes a few times in my looking.

jbegsophie.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1338057311|3204375 said:
Oh, and can you post a pic of the aurora and the 3 stone on the same finger? :naughty:

Yes, I will 8) It is a lot of bling. What does is say about me that the Aurora might be my "understated ring"?

Actually, when you all were asking about the two rings, that is my only "issue" (first world problems): I don't have an understated piece. My Dream band is too understated and both the Aurora and Bertha here are ... well, *very* eye catching. Completely over the top. Bertha in particular is aaaaaalllllmost too much.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bella_mezzo|1338080684|3204496 said:
haha TGal, I was just thinking the same thing :Up_to_something:

So happy for you DD--you finally have what your heart has been hankering for all these years, full finger coverage if sparkling perfect high clarity OECs:cheeky: ;)) :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

It's gorgeous and GIANT!!!!

I can't wait to see how you set it and if this satisfies your diamond cravings once and for all (well...in terms of your ering I mean...b/c we all know there are still studs, pendants, RHRs, and maybe an amazing tennis bracelet made from a string of OECs you find on the ebay hunt :Up_to_something: just sayin' Bliss's new bracelet has me thinking not so budget friendly thoughts ;))

So happy for you and for the great ebay find.

You and TGal are going to both have the most amazing old stone, ebay, three stone rings out there! :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

There is no "once and for all" on my jewelery life, its not a state I strive for anymore ::) But there is an itch I have had for a long time, my whole time on PS, that this ring really scratched. Blingtastic, and it also looks like a classic e-ring, a very classy and sophisticated look. I really love it.

Bliss' tennis bracelet is pretty amazing! I think a lot of wheels are turning!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Begonia|1338093656|3204557 said:
Holy $%@!. Oh sorry, outside voice... :bigsmile:

Am I the only one that wants a crapload more photos?

Seriously D, for all the work (searching and advice) you do with old cuts, you deserve that find. Could you do some photos of your hand and the ring a bit further back? And then a whole ton more any other way?

As soon as I can I will post more!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DD you sure can pick 'em and find amazing deals to boot! Love those stones and the setting you've chosen.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful blingie enjoy!! =)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Dreamer...it's fantastic!!! You so deserve such an awesome find and a I'm so happy you finally have your 3-stone!!!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
I was propping my head up with my hand until I scrolled to the fourtaine setting you posted. Then it just literally dropped (with my jaw). The setting is beautiful. I keep thinking a setting with some double claw prongs would look amazing too. Kinda like trading thick heeled shoes for some stilettos.
I am really enjoying all the activity with the old cuts lately. My kids have been finding me hiding in my little cave (aka. my office) a lot lately.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that 3 stone from Fourtane..! I love the crowns all together but could see your point re: it being pretty high. It looks as though there might be space in the bottom there so the stones potentially could sit closer to the finger.

And it may be a lot right now but I venture to say you'll get used to it!!! The more time you spend with something, I find the more your brain just accepts it as the 'norm'.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful Dreamer! Congratulations!

Cachette :))

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara|1338138003|3204723 said:
I love that 3 stone from Fourtane..! I love the crowns all together but could see your point re: it being pretty high. It looks as though there might be space in the bottom there so the stones potentially could sit closer to the finger.

And it may be a lot right now but I venture to say you'll get used to it!!! The more time you spend with something, I find the more your brain just accepts it as the 'norm'.

Ditto, I love all the crowns together...it was one of the few points I made was that I wanted it at the same level. I don't think mine is high at all, but it design probably makes it seem less so.

What I love about the fourtaine one are how interesting the prongs are. The v shaped ones you like, plus the scrolls coming up to the top make the design, IMHO. I love the JBEG one too, but just not as much.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1338139158|3204729 said:

Ditto, I love all the crowns together...it was one of the few points I made was that I wanted it at the same level. I don't think mine is high at all, but it design probably makes it seem less so.

What I love about the fourtaine one are how interesting the prongs are. The v shaped ones you like, plus the scrolls coming up to the top make the design, IMHO. I love the JBEG one too, but just not as much.

The trouble is that my ring at the moment has the center fairly raised -- I think because the central basket was added later and there was not enough room lower down for the larger stone. Anyways, it makes the center stand out nicely, and I wonder if they are all on the same plane will the proportions still please me. I adore the V prongs between the stones, I just wish I could see these stones set on the same plane before committing. And hence the issues begin :rolleyes:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1338154002|3204795 said:
TravelingGal|1338139158|3204729 said:

The trouble is that my ring at the moment has the center fairly raised -- I think because the central basket was added later and there was not enough room lower down for the larger stone. Anyways, it makes the center stand out nicely, and I wonder if they are all on the same plane will the proportions still please me. I adore the V prongs between the stones, I just wish I could see these stones set on the same plane before committing. And hence the issues begin :rolleyes:

Hahahaha. Oy.

I can see what you mean about the planes and the proportions being affected. No big deal on my 3, as the sides are much smaller. You POOR thing you, with those honker side stones. :tongue: I love first world problems!!! :naughty:

FWIW, I think you should set the sides lower then...they will look bigger up top.....

catia

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer_D--i prefer the Sophie by Jbeg-- basket 'fleur de lis' part ending where it does--Oh my--did Jbeg NAIL it!!!
The effect of that sophie way more LUCIOUS than the other ring IMHO.
The sophie shows more un-obstructed side view --it just *does something more* for the tall crown that seriously accentuates the cut.
I think the other one is pretty, but i think it's too much metal blocking the sideviews--
So my vote is a 3 stone Sophie-esque Mounting & your rocks will SCREAM.

Jbegs settings are/were just TDF--those women just got the EYES for perfect settings for old cuts.
I contacted Erica months ago about my dream setting to see if their bench would do it, but they wouldn't do that type of custom job.

I wonder if since they are no longer doing settings if they will release info on who does their benchwork, because consistantly, the work is perfect. It's the ONLY site I've ever been to where I DROOL over every single one. The attention to those fine details in their settings makes so much difference. Whoever does their settings would honestly be my first choice (JBeg was actually my first contact about my dream setting). Do you think we'll ever know? Those people/person deserves our business!!!

catia

Shiny_Rock
deleted due to double post-sorry!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results