Ideal_Rock
Trade
Absolutely gorgeous stones DD!

Congrats, and wear it in the best of health

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such an exciting project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl:
I was asking what other diamond rings are in your current arsenal .................. :twirl:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can see how the center might be a little diff from more traditional OEC's..table looks a little bigger and the crown facets a little shorter. Love the crown profiles big time! And I really like that mount, gah I love old vintage stuff like that! Fantastic. Toss it in the US and let it go for a few hours with continually putting in hot water, should get some of that gunk loose in the sides.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1337964254|3203631 said:
bright ice|1337961636|3203584 said:
Mara|1337961122|3203582 said:
Sounds like there's some history to this piece? was it posted on PS previously? Linkie!

I still really want a 2ctw+ OEC 5 stone but they are so hard to find in the right proportions and I want the right setting too, I may be looking for years. Oh and I'm cheap. LOL! So, congrats on yours, DD!!

Yes, there was a thread in the Vintage section. I almost bought it myself ;( I had her put it on Ebay for the protection factor.

I want a 2ctw 4 stone OEC ring :lickout: . I am working on it :twirl:

Yes, the great PS old cut posse made this possible, and I didn't even know it ::)

Mico posted a thread about the craigslist advertisment for the ring. Bright Ice then contacted the seller and asked her to put it up on Ebay. And then I found it on ebay during one of my daily searches! I did not find out about the thread on PS until I was already in negotiations with the seller! But I have Mico and Bright Ice to thank, and they have me to be jealous of ::)

To service my ego, I will claim that only I saw enough potential in the horrible photos to risk buying it :halo: :devil: :tongue:

definitely jealous! But I wouldn't be skilled enough to buy it, i'm still a PS newbie. I would, however, LOVE if you would teach me!!! Negotiating is my biggest factor... knowing how to talk to buyers and going back and forth. I will try to locate you some how if that's ok! ;-)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara|1337974763|3203760 said:
I can see how the center might be a little diff from more traditional OEC's..table looks a little bigger and the crown facets a little shorter. Love the crown profiles big time! And I really like that mount, gah I love old vintage stuff like that! Fantastic. Toss it in the US and let it go for a few hours with continually putting in hot water, should get some of that gunk loose in the sides.

I do too. And the fun part is you can wear it while you take some good time to mull its final home.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1337975009|3203769 said:

I do too. And the fun part is you can wear it while you take some good time to mull its final home.

You guys don't mind that the center basket is cut and pasted in?

I don't love it but I don't hate it either. I am going to take it to get appraised so I can insure it, and ask them to tighten the prongs on one stone at the same time (stone rotates). It is not the forever home, though, I want something fluid and perfect. Not sure what yet -- the fourtane one is on the list TGal!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
First up, hand shot!

I like it on its own the best, but will likely get a plain platinum band to match. Or I might do unplated white gold for something different and to compliment the slight warmth of the stones. I like the yellow metal a lot, but do not prefer yellow prongs as the color reflects in the stone, and I am not a fan of two tones rings, so I think unplated white gold might be the way to go, with a matching wb.

33oec 018.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1337975913|3203784 said:

I don't love it but I don't hate it either. I am going to take it to get appraised so I can insure it, and ask them to tighten the prongs on one stone at the same time (stone rotates). It is not the forever home, though, I want something fluid and perfect. Not sure what yet -- the fourtane one is on the list TGal!

Well, knowing it's not the final home, nope, I think it's fine and wouldn't bother me. Plus I tend to stare at the top down view on mine...which is why I realized I like mine fine the way it is (the dot issue). Granted, if the center basket on yours matched the sides, I'd probably LOVE it!

I'm ridiculously excited about your new project, especially since mine is done and I feel like I need a fix. it's a disease!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, it looks HUUUGE! :love:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1337976225|3203791 said:
First up, hand shot!

I like it on its own the best, but will likely get a plain platinum band to match. Or I might do unplated white gold for something different and to compliment the slight warmth of the stones. I like the yellow metal a lot, but do not prefer yellow prongs as the color reflects in the stone, and I am not a fan of two tones rings, so I think unplated white gold might be the way to go, with a matching wb.

:love:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
motownmama|1337960445|3203576 said:
What a classic/gorgeous 3-stone!!!! What's your total line-up at this point?

Oh, it is not so much motown 8) I have Big Bertha here, and I have my Aurora half eternity band (garland style with 30 and 10 pointers), and my Dream half eternity with five-pointers. And two plain bands. I have two pairs of studs too, but will likely move them into the bling continuum to reset Bertha. I like huggies better anyways :halo:

Here are some more photos. Obviously the stones are still dirty. But I thought you all wouldn't mind. And there is a hair stuck to a prong. Oops.

33oec 010.JPG

33oec 011.JPG

33oec 012.JPG

33oec 013.JPG

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Drooling over here and had to come back for a 16th look!! It is really perfect Dreamer, many congrats!!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Chapeau to your ability to find gorgeous diamonds! :appl: :appl: :appl:
I'm really happy for you!!! :D

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
A few more.

33oec 014.JPG

33oec 015.JPG

33oec 016.JPG

33oec 017.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It reminds me of that 3 stone that is up on eBay for $13k. I think the center is a 1.5c and sides are like 75s? I know you know which one I am talking about DD...secondhanddiamond I Think is the seller. Those last pics you posted totally look like that.

For a not forever mount no the center doesn't bug me but I also just like wearing stuff the way it is for a while and mulling over what to do, hehee. I figure nothing is 'forever'.. :naughty:

What's Big Bertha, did I miss this?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
THIS ring is Big Bertha, Mara ;))

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1337978464|3203833 said:

Pay no attention to the woman gunning for a 9mm stone...her perception is skewed.... :cheeky:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
what are your thoughts about this three stone vs aurora? Do you think you will wear it after getting this one permanently set?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer, it's absolutely amazing! And as always your pics are fantastic. Congrats on the deal, and can't wait to see what you finally set it in!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1337978676|3203836 said:
what are your thoughts about this three stone vs aurora? Do you think you will wear it after getting this one permanently set?

Yeah, I was gonna say, do you even need the Aurora anymore after getting Big Bertha?!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
DD, those new pics are amazing. Now I have a better idea of what was missing in the last set of stones that you were trying to make a three stone. These new ones have a "togetherness" (I know sappy) that the others didn't have.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! Congratulations, DD. You find the most amazing old cuts. I actually like the victorian part of the setting and it looks stunning on you. More Pics!! :love:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1337978633|3203835 said:
Dreamer_D|1337978464|3203833 said:

Pay no attention to the woman gunning for a 9mm stone...her perception is skewed.... :cheeky:

:rodent: that's 9.5mm now!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats Dreamer, what a great find! Can't wait to see what you end up doing for the setting.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my stars! It's stunning! Love it!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1337964812|3203643 said:
WHOOO HOOO!!!! :appl:

Dreamer, I am so happy for you! PLEASE tell me you plan to keep these and set them into your DREAM three stone ring! No skimping on the setting, yah? I have been wearing my ring for a week now and I have not regretted at ALL that I spent the money on the setting that I wanted.

These are just perfect for what you wanted! I tell ya, even after a week, my 3 stone ring almost still feels too big for me, so I can only imagine what these look like since on your finger which is only a size and change bigger than mine. :lickout: Can you take more hand shots? Perspective shots? Come on lady, I scratched your back, and now it's time for you to scratch my itch to see plenty of pics of yours! ;))

And yeah, I have to agree...the three stone just packs a crazy punch. I would rather have these than one 7.5 mm stone (crazy, I know.) How cool too, that the original ring is your size. Was meant to be. :appl:

Ok now I have time to respond to all your demands TGal :rodent:

Yes, I am going to set these into my dream setting, I am determined, I just have to finish the project. I doubt I will spend a fortune on the mount, since I want metal only and don't need hand forging, and because I just CAN"T do that. But I will set an ample budget 8) I can't wait. Just gotta raise the funds.

I will post some perspective shots as soon as I can! Seriously, I could not go any bigger with the center stone in a ring like this. Any bigger and it would frankly look fake. Already it is just RIDICULOUSLY eye catching.

Yup, just my size! Given how I have such a hard time pulling the trigger on mounts, this was an ideal find. If I had bought the 7mm on its own and found the others separately, it would have been really hard to set them because its so hard to envision and I would be worried I wouldn't like it! But this way I have a temp mount alreasy so I know I like the proportions! It was kismet: This ring is meant to be mine ;))

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1337964938|3203645 said:
btw, do you have other sidestones to match it if the wonk bothers you on the current sidestones?

No, the studs I have that are 5.6mm have really different faceting. It is hard to explain, but I will try to take some photos soon to show what I mean. Considering the previous owner told me that SHE paired the center with the sides, which were an existing pair, I am really impressed with how well the center and the sides go together.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1337970547|3203709 said:
btw, I think the stones look awesome on your hand! What do you think of the proportions? I know you like 2:1, but this is more than that. Personally, if I had them, they'd probably be my new favorite proportions. :lol:

I still am a bit biased on 2:1 though, since I think it showcases the center, without being shrinking violets. What will you do about bands? I can't wait to see what you end up with....maybe have that dream setting you love remade (the fourtaine one)?

I love these proportions! It is 1.2:1. I would not have picked it, but now that I have it, I love it. And the center still stands out. I am definitely thinking of the fourtaine one! I am sort of thinking unplated white gold, matching plain band. Yummy.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1337976300|3203792 said:
Dreamer_D|1337975913|3203784 said:

Well, knowing it's not the final home, nope, I think it's fine and wouldn't bother me. Plus I tend to stare at the top down view on mine...which is why I realized I like mine fine the way it is (the dot issue). Granted, if the center basket on yours matched the sides, I'd probably LOVE it!

I'm ridiculously excited about your new project, especially since mine is done and I feel like I need a fix. it's a disease!!!

Well please post inspriation pictures! I want something that nods to antiques, plain metal, prongs -- more the merrier -- and low stance. I would like some organic elements, like curls and such.

A beautiful profile is super important to me, because when typing THAT is what I see!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1337979225|3203845 said:
TravelingGal|1337978676|3203836 said:

Yeah, I was gonna say, do you even need the Aurora anymore after getting Big Bertha?!

They really look totally different! I will post a comparison shot when I get a chance. Hilariously, the Aurora is a little more understated :lol: It looks more modern. And the stones are whiter. The optics are different: I like the way the OECs look in lowe lighting, the car, in natural light. The aurora looks great in my office with fluorescent lighting, in pot lighting, other indoor fake lighting basically. But the looks are somewhat similar. I am not going to make any decisions about preferences or anything too soon. I'll set these stones and see what I wear.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results