shape
carat
color
clarity

Look at what showed up at my house on Sunday

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave , thank you for the love and care you've shown Ruby!
Because of you, she knows some people can be trusted to be kind and helpful.
You've changed her path in life. Bless you. =)2

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
When we found Elie my foster Hannover bloodhound I suspect something similar happened that did to Ruby. Elie was an escape artist, I could not keep her in my yard either if I left home, only if I took off by car in two seconds. But fortunately she was so attached to me that she only escaped if I went outside by foot, to follow me. She did not escape when she was in heat while with me, afterwards she was spayed.

However, she had escaped from her previous home before and got pregnant, then obviously dumped some thirty miles away and we found her about ready to give birth. Long story short she gave birth the next night on Xmas night and the full rescue took place about three weeks later since we were not really able to get to the place before.

Ruby obviously has been or was nursing and clearly she lost her puppies. I think the reason she kept escaping is that she was still looking for her puppies. She looks darling. I feel a little sad that her babies did not make it but I am sure she would have gone back to them had any of them still been alive when she came to see you first, or perhaps she was just too much out of energy.

@whitewave you are an angel, her guardian angel. I am almost crying that you had to let her go because you would have been an amazing momma to her. I think once spayed, she will stop escaping but yeah those dogs are a challenge I can say that.

Keep us posted. To this day I cry when I see videos of Elie and her baby Samu in their new homes, I was their foster momma for a year and a half and I felt like their forever momma. I never even knew I could love dogs so much as I have always been a cat person but I guess an animal lover is an animal lover. They sure took a little piece of my heart with them.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To this day I cry when I see videos of Elie and her baby Samu in their new homes, I was their foster momma for a year and a half and I felt like their forever momma. I never even knew I could love dogs so much as I have always been a cat person but I guess an animal lover is an animal lover. They sure took a little piece of my heart with them.

You seem like an incredible person, Sunstorm. Thank you for posting what you did. It was very uplifting and I needed that. (In fact, I can always use that!)

Deb :wavey:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WW: how are you feeling about her now? And do you know her status currently (its probably too soon but I had to ask)?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby is still at the vet's office gaining more weight and she will be spayed next week and then move on to the rescue facility.

On Monday, I am getting a breeder momma English bulldog for foster. The rescue took in 3 two year old mommas. They are getting spayed today,

Yeah, I figured Ruby had puppies. Sad.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby is still at the vet's office gaining more weight and she will be spayed next week and then move on to the rescue facility.

On Monday, I am getting a breeder momma English bulldog for foster. The rescue took in 3 two year old mommas. They are getting spayed today,

Yeah, I figured Ruby had puppies. Sad.

You are so kind, whitewave.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:dance:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whitewave, Look at pretty Ruby!!!! Thank you for all your did for Ruby. You saved that sweet girl! How are you doing Whitewave? I’ve been thinking of you and hope things are getting a little easier. I hope Elisabeth is helping heal your heart.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whitewave, Look at pretty Ruby!!!! Thank you for all your did for Ruby. You saved that sweet girl! How are you doing Whitewave? I’ve been thinking of you and hope things are getting a little easier. I hope Elisabeth is helping heal your heart.

Thanks for thinking of me. Lotta family of origin drama. Another Aunt about to die 3 months after the first one. My mother is horrendous and nasty. Etc etc etc. Things aren’t going so well over here at the moment.

Elizabeth “Bitsy” is great. Sad for the circumstance but glad we were able to keep ker— she really does lift my spirits

Other than that, I’m busy. About to go on senior trip #1 in a few weeks... busy from now until beginning of June.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
F7FA7827-F9C8-4FEE-85CA-004B58128E88.png D4B0A206-8644-4FB4-B2C9-3B1081C6A654.png 7824909B-8EF8-4253-88D2-85E545A2DDB9.jpeg

Look at Ruby!!! She is ready for adoption in Rhode Island!

Aww what a sweetheart!:love: Both of you.:appl:
Thank you for the happy update and good luck to dear Ruby and her new family! I hope they are all over the moon happy.:appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a darling dog! I hope she finds a great home. You are a kind person, whitewave.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a pretty girl, and she's on her way to her forever home, thanks to you, whitewave! As the momma to three rescues, I thank you for her.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Ruby!!! She looks great and I keep saying this but her face :love:! I will keep my fingers crossed for a wonderful furever home for her. Thank you Whitewave, hope you are doing okay.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
whitewave-

She is a beauty! I never imagined she could be such a beautiful girl! And she looks so young now, too! You really were her guardian angel, a term my mother (who was raised a Catholic although she didn't raise her children as one) explained to me when I was a little girl. :)) An image of a guardian angel just popped into my Unitarian head as I was writing. Thank you so much for all you did!

Hugs and love,

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby really does look happy! And healthy! And beautiful! :appl:
You made a huge difference in her life! Bless you and thank you!

I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt.
Also sorry to hear about the drama going on; hopefully, some boundaries or physical distance (like your upcoming trip) will keep the negative stuff at bay.

Thanks for the update on Ruby and sharing her smiling face!

Sending hugs.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby's description says she needs to take long walks, loves adventure, would be a good dog to take hiking and can climb fences lol.

I hope she finds a home that can give her all the fun she wants and is capable of!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby looks great ww, so happy and healthy; her sweet face makes my heart melt. Thank you again for saving her life, what you did for her is amazing. I really hope she finds a permanent and loving home soon. And I'm sorry about the family drama and issues you have going on right now, I know it's stressful and I hope things calm down for you soon. (((Hugs)))

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whitewave, I hope the family drama gets easier for you. Diamonds are a wonderful distraction LOL.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby turned hewrtworm positive, but hopefully it is a low load. She has been adopted by a great lady in Rhode Island who will work with her HW + status, and so Ruby goes up on transport in a month to meet her new mama!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby turned hewrtworm positive, but hopefully it is a low load. She has been adopted by a great lady in Rhode Island who will work with her HW + status, and so Ruby goes up on transport in a month to meet her new mama!

You are simply fantastic WW, bless you!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful update thank you @whitewave !!!
Thank you for saving her and giving her a new lease (and new leash too haha) on life whitewave.
Have an amazing beautiful life sweet Ruby. :love::appl:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a wonderful thing you did. So nice to near good news.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
:saint:You are a true angel! What a beautiful baby!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Whitewave- Oh my! I saw the end of the thread and then was compelled to read back to when you first posted in January.
You saved a life . . . . I am so happy Ms. Ruby found you. Her face! So so sweet!
:)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results