shape
carat
color
clarity

Look at what showed up at my house on Sunday

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is like having a baby all over again... but probably more exhausting!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is like having a baby all over again... but probably more exhausting!

I'm Exhausted! I came in from taking Ruby for a walk to find one of my bulldogs puked on the floor!!!

I've had enough of dogs today!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I look at Ruby and I think...uh oh!

(Indeed a picture is worth a thousand words!)

Deb :o

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
whitewave...that photo of Ruby makes me think of one of those dogshaming photos where you see a picture of a dog and the caption reads, "My name is 'Bad dog! Get down! No No! This is the end!'".

Deb :))

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, her appearance has already changed so much! She looks like a beautiful, strong and healthy (and mischievous!) dog. Hope Margarey is okay with no trauma...

Margaery was really bent out of shape.

Yes, Ruby has gained a noticeable amount of weight-- will know for sure on Wednesday.

I have her up to 6 cups a day of food with some wet thrown in. She likes to lie down and eat-- she get such joy from it. Really cute.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My overlarge cat enjoys laying down to eat. Or maybe she's just too lazy for all that standing :lol:

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
I'm so glad Ruby found you! She looks very sweet and mischievous. I have a mutt myself but he has been a good boy and hasn't run off (he looks like a hound, german shepherd, and possibly a lab and terrier mix). He's too scared to go more than 20 feet from us.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh goodness, I'm sorry Margaery lost a tooth in the kerscuffle! She's probably wondering if Ruby is a permanent guest, lol. Have you seen The Secret Life of Pets? It's really funny and cute (I saw it before the Louis CK stuff came out :oops2:).

Sounds like Ruby is ready to go. Definitely a sporting dog that one. It'd be kind of neat to see where she goes and what she does with one of those Go Pro cameras attached to her collar or something :P2.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A new dog does shake the household routine up. Thanks for doing all that you are for Ruby and I hope she finds a wonderful forever home. Every rescue or foster dog I had was a runner for the first three weeks. One for the first 3 months. She settled down just fine and I was very lucky to have 11 years with her.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, I can see a difference in her! I know this isn't easy WW and you have your hands full, but thank you so much for helping her.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby is doing well. She is 35 pounds now and was vaccinated yesteday. On Monday, she is getting spayed and the rescue will pick her up from there.

We are in the final stretch!! Lol. She is very sweet.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good News, and kudos to you, Whitewave! :clap:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby is doing well. She is 35 pounds now and was vaccinated yesteday. On Monday, she is getting spayed and the rescue will pick her up from there.

We are in the final stretch!! Lol. She is very sweet.

Yay Ruby! Thank you Whitewave for taking her in and helping her. Wishing her a happy and safe life where she is loved and adored.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby weighs 40.5 pounds!!!

I just dropped her off.... I wasn't expecting to cry.

She didn't want to go in the vet's office, tail tucked under etc. I feel so bad that I can't keep her.

I took a pic in the parking lot....
IMG_3818.JPG

Let's all send Ruby healing vibes and love and light for a stellar home when she is ready.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww I'm sad for you both but hoping Ruby finds a wonderful loving home and all because you made it possible. (((Hugs))) to you both. If possible could you update as when you know she is in her forever home? Thanks @whitewave.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
She looks so beautiful sitting there, she was lucky to find you and I'm sure she will find she will fine a great home. You did well.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. Missy, yes, I will absolutely update when she gets adopted. She will go on transport to the NE and get adopted up there.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like crying, too. Poor girl. she will be so confused about what is happening to her, first with the pain of spaying, then with the transport. I just hope and pray that when she settles into her forever home she is loved beyond all words and your efforts and her little soul are both rewarded. God bless you, whitewave!

Hugs to you and to Ruby!
Deb

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She looks so much brighter and alert! What a good thing you have done.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww Ruby!!! Her face could melt the hardest of hearts!! I hope she'll adjust to the changes of transport and adoption and not get too stressed. And I really, really, really hope her furever home is right around the corner. Please keep us updated and thank you for your kindness whitewave!!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did the right thing. She's going to be fine and happy. She has such a happy bright disposition.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I hope (assume) I am the first of many kind people she will encounter until she gets to her forever home.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did a wonderful thing for Ruby Whitewave. I’m hoping her forever home is full of people who treat her as well.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stopped crying. Maybe if she is with the rescue for a while, I could take her for home visits every now and again.... I'll have more information on her in the next week about where she is going, etc...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stopped crying. Maybe if she is with the rescue for a while, I could take her for home visits every now and again.... I'll have more information on her in the next week about where she is going, etc...

Make sure all transports specify double leash protocol!
One leash on her harness. One on a collar (martingale or slip lead best, but any collar is okay for a 2nd).
Each leash held in different hands so if one gets pulled and dropped, she is still secure. (Or is she slips out of the collar or harness the other is still in place)

Car securing detailed in my previous post here.

She definitely needs to be labeled as flight risk so all transporters know to be extra careful.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Make sure all transports specify double leash protocol!
One leash on her harness. One on a collar (martingale or slip lead best, but any collar is okay for a 2nd).
Each leash held in different hands so if one gets pulled and dropped, she is still secure. (Or is she slips out of the collar or harness the other is still in place)

Car securing detailed in my previous post here.

She definitely needs to be labeled as flight risk so all transporters know to be extra careful.

Thanks for the reminder. I'll pass the information on.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, @whitewave I feel your pain. :(sad Thank you for everything you did for her. She was lucky to run into you.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby looks much happier and healthier than when she first arrived at your house. What a lucky girl to have found such the caring person you are, whitewave!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results