carat
color
clarity

Look at what showed up at my house on Sunday

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3710.PNG IMG_3718.JPG IMG_3723.JPG IMG_3735.JPG
she came from out of the woods-- obviously been on her own for a while.

My friend's rescue is going to take her, but I am fostering her right now, worming her, treating her eye infection, keeping her warm and slowly refeeding her.

I'm hoping she doesn't drop some surprise puppies....

She weighs 32 pounds. My daughter named her Ruby. I don't know how she is alive, but she is.

Last edited:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, so sad to see a dog in that condition but heartwarming that you took her in and are taking care of her. So glad she found you. Did you check to see if she is chipped? Maybe her family is missing her. Either way, I hope Ruby finds her furever home soon.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness. What a miracle that she found her way to you! I am so happy to hear she found you. She must be a dear, dear girl. Look at those eyes.

THANK YOU for being a wonderful person and helping her!!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for caring for her @whitewave , she looks a real sweetheart. Poor thing, hope she finds a good home once she’s back to full strength.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mary poppins I got home on Monday evening (my kids took her in on Sunday) and today it is snowing, so all of Louisiana has shut down. I will check her for a chip, but she is so weak... she trembles when she stands up, that we thought it was best right now to stablize her before moving her and getting her nervous/excited. She is sleeping most of the time-- seems so exhausted. She has a vet appointment on Thursday.

@Loves Vintage she is so very sweet. And clearly grateful and relieved. It is going to be 18 degrees tonight with a wind chill of 5, so I am very glad she is with us and warm.

@junebug17 I have a total bleeding heart for animals. She looks much worse in person than in the pics. I seriously don't know how she is alive and I already warned my daughter that she may not make it.

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh and arrrgh. A piece of my heart dies every time I hear about an abandoned/abused animal. Blessings to you for being a good samaritan. Please keep us updated on her recovery and post progress pics.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for caring for her @whitewave , she looks a real sweetheart. Poor thing, hope she finds a good home once she’s back to full strength.

I wonder what her story is. Once she is well and vetted, she will go on the transport to I think Rhode Island (or Mass) and get adopted there.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WW, you are wonderful! Thank you for caring for her.

Have you had experience with this severe of emaciation? If not, make sure you get guidance from your vet.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh and arrrgh. A piece of my heart dies every time I hear about an abandoned/abused animal. Blessings to you for being a good samaritan. Please keep us updated on her recovery and post progress pics.

I will keep everyone posted. We are just loving on her and feeding her small frequent meals. She is tolerating the refeed well.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WW, you are wonderful! Thank you for caring for her.

Have you had experience with this severe of emaciation? If not, make sure you get guidance from your vet.

Yes, she is the second dog that came to us from out of the woods behind my house. Bingo weighed 35 pounds and we refed him and kept him until he died a natural death at around age 16 or so. He was about 4 when he came to us.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, she is the second dog that came to us from out of the woods behind my house. Bingo weighed 35 pounds and we refed him and kept him until he died a natural death at around age 16 or so. He was about 4 when he came to us.

I suspected you had, but wanted to be sure. We had one locally (Seattle area) and the lady fostering him had no idea there was anything to be careful of.

So glad she found you!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, those eyes!

I hate seeing a dog suffer.
... there's something in my eyes now.

Whitewave, thank you for giving care. :love:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BIG brown eyes!!! Doe eyes.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor baby. I hope and pray she makes it. Ww, bless you for helping her!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww poor baby. You are sweet for taking care of her and I hope she recovers well.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor baby. I hope and pray she makes it. Ww, bless you for helping her!

I'll give her this-- she is plucky. Also, today, I noticed she was "snuggling" in her blankets and with her pillow... like she was lounging. So that gave me hope... and like my friend at the rescue said, she has survived longer and more than other dogs, so she appears to be a survivor.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so glad she is with you Whitewave!!! Thank you for taking such good care of her.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad she found an accepting family, and one that knows how to care for her. Best wishes to you all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww Ruby is in great hands with you @whitewave and you are a sweetheart to take care of her till she finds her furever home. Sending you and Ruby lots of hugs and love and good thoughts. Thank you for making sure she will be OK and giving her lots of love and good care!:love::appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Awww, Ruby is lucky to have found you! What a sweet face! Praying she continues to recover safely in your warm, loving home and that your friend can find her an amazing forever home!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh goodness! You are this sweet dog’s angel. Thank you!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for caring for and rescuing this poor mite. She is beautiful, I’m confident she will make it (sadly I’ve seen worse). There is a special place in heaven for the kind and caring souls who rescue and restore the lost, alone and forsaken just as there is a special place in hell for those who cruelly neglect and abandon them.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a sweet and soulful face. Thank you for helping this dog.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh, WW, what a very pitiful & sad sight :(2

Glad she found her way to yours & I'm sure you will do a brilliant job with her. Big hugs!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh you wonderful person. Your post brought tears to my eyes.
Thank goodness for people like you in this world.

Sending Ruby my very best thoughts and vibes.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How sad that even happened and how cute is she? I hope she gets stronger each day. She is quite the plucky little ruby!!

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aww, glad she has found you. Hope she is ok. She looks like a lovely dog

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results