shape
carat
color
clarity

Long Overdue Post - Good Old Gold Custom Ring!

Faluzure

Rough_Rock
This post is long overdue. Those that remember me can reference my original posts nearly a year ago about trying to find a specific Radiant diamond that was similar to a video Good Old Gold recorded a long ago. Simply put, Jonathan informed me that Radiants vary widely in appearance and the one I referenced in his video was one that was sold a long time ago and he hasn't had any like it since then. After months of waiting and exhausting all his channels, Jonathan gave me the option of obtaining a raw diamond that would match my specifications and getting his cutter to recreate it. After getting it cut, I then had to figure out the setting and after a couple months, I had to get that custom-made too.

After about a year of waiting for the perfect setting for my now fiance, I ended up proposing to her in Cancun, Mexico for our first overseas vacation in front of a crowd of over 500 people at our resort.

Since then, we've been planning our wedding I had to call upon Good Old Gold once more to get me a custom-made wedding band that will fit her engagement ring. The wedding band is being created as I type this, but I hope to have it in my possession in the next few weeks.

In the meantime, if you'd like to reference the original post, it's located here:
[ [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/radiants-hard-to-find.140989/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/radiants-hard-to-find.140989/[/URL] ]

Jonathan took the liberty of taking some YouTube videos of the diamond ring as well:
[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLI67hZG5d0 ] - Diamond Video
[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U6g90zI1hw ] - Ring Video

Lastly, I want to again thank Jonathan for his diamond expertise, helpfulness, and extreme patience with me over the course of the past year. Also I would like to thank Marie, who helped to take my idea of both an engagement ring & wedding band and get it custom made to my specifications. Marie has been a tremendous help on both occasions. I would absolutely recommend Good Old Gold to anyone and can not say enough good things about my experience and jewelry.

Without further ado, here are some of the pictures I shot of the ring. Hopefully the wedding band will be in soon and I can add them as well.

IMAG0292.jpg

IMAG0297.jpg

IMAG0299.jpg

IMAG0300.jpg

Faluzure

Rough_Rock
Ring on her hand in Cancun...

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

DSC04381.JPG

DSC04378.JPG

DSC04384.JPG

DSC04374.JPG

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful and Congratulations on your engagement!! :appl:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
congrats! what a beautiful ring! :appl:

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring and I LOVE the picture with the ocean in the background...makes me wanna book a trip! Congrats on your engagement!

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing! That is the most beautiful radiant I have ever seen.

I you want to answer, about how much more ( you can say it in %) was it to get a diamond specifically cut for you?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Awesome, congrats!

cheers--Sharon

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! The ring is amazingly beautiful! :cheeky:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't normally gravitate towards radiants, traps, and other angular shapes, but this KNOCKOUT of a ring just absolutely won me over! :love: :love: :love:

Gorgeous diamonds and gorgeous ring!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
That is one blingalicious ring! Gorgeous!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous! :lickout: Congratulations!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a lovely story! Congrats on your engagement!

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
I just read your original thread in RT and all I can say is WOW. You did good! That is one gorgeous radiant.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's an amazing story of preserverance - I love the ring! How cool to have a stone cut just for you?

It's gorgeous - congrats!! Can't wait to see the wedding band!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful. Congratulations.

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
What a sweet story and you are certainly very patient in going through the whole process! I am sure your fiancee love the ring!!
Very very pretty and look substantial on her hand! Congrats again!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I am not a radiant girl, but that one is beautiful, as is the ring!

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
That's one lucky lady! :love:

Faluzure

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the compliments! My fiance loves the ring!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Faluzure- Can you share the stats of all the stones? I'd love to know the size of the traps in comparison to the centre stone. Its a really stunning ring- congratulations!

chel180 x

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement AND in designing your custom ring! Looks like she LOVES it!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
All whats your FI's ring size.....?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, it's fantastic!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You and GOG did an amazing job! :love: Congrats on your engagement!

Faluzure

Rough_Rock
natascha|1317336328|3029125 said:
Amazing! That is the most beautiful radiant I have ever seen.

I you want to answer, about how much more ( you can say it in %) was it to get a diamond specifically cut for you?

Actually I'm not quite sure of the cost difference. When I did some comparisons to other diamonds he already had, it was similar to diamonds he had in stock with the same specs (clarity, carats, etc). I believe Jonathan classifies it as similar to a "signature" diamond, but I can't be 100% sure. All I know is that he bent over backwards and was extremely helpful through the whole process. I distinctly remember though that he asked what specs I was aiming towards and what my budget was. It took several months to find a rough that would meet those specs and the diamond you see in the ring was the end result.

Faluzure

Rough_Rock
chel180|1318105115|3036117 said:
Faluzure- Can you share the stats of all the stones? I'd love to know the size of the traps in comparison to the centre stone. Its a really stunning ring- congratulations!

chel180 x

Hi Chel. The center diamond is a custom-cut radiant (GOG's creation) that is GIA graded at 1.09/E/VS2. The two traps are 0.4 tcw/G/SI1 that were selected to match each other as well as the center stone. The sidestones consist of 100 round cut diamonds, 1.01 tcw/G/SI1 that were also select for matching characteristics between themselves & the center stone.

The ring size is a 5.75.

Hope this helps!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring, gorgeous beach!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Faluzure|1318253881|3037023 said:

chel180 x

Hi Chel. The center diamond is a custom-cut radiant (GOG's creation) that is GIA graded at 1.09/E/VS2. The two traps are 0.4 tcw/G/SI1 that were selected to match each other as well as the center stone. The sidestones consist of 100 round cut diamonds, 1.01 tcw/G/SI1 that were also select for matching characteristics between themselves & the center stone.

The ring size is a 5.75.

Hope this helps!

Faluzure, that does help- thank you.

One last question as radiants do cut very different (one 1ct radiant can be a mm or two different from another radiant), do you know the dimensions of the centre and traps in millimetres?

I have a 1ct princess myself but am looking at putting two traps with it. I think the size of your traps go perfect with your centre stone and I hope to use your measurements to help me chose mine. Visually I want a similar proportion to what you have hence mm would be super useful.

Thanks again, Chel

Faluzure

Rough_Rock
chel180|1318255514|3037036 said:
Faluzure|1318253881|3037023 said:

chel180 x

The ring size is a 5.75.

Hope this helps!

Faluzure, that does help- thank you.

One last question as radiants do cut very different (one 1ct radiant can be a mm or two different from another radiant), do you know the dimensions of the centre and traps in millimetres?

I have a 1ct princess myself but am looking at putting two traps with it. I think the size of your traps go perfect with your centre stone and I hope to use your measurements to help me chose mine. Visually I want a similar proportion to what you have hence mm would be super useful.

Thanks again, Chel

Unfortunately I don't have the measurements on the traps, as that was something that Marie @ GOG & ring's designer selected for me. The only thing I know is that the cut/polish/symmetry is measured "Ideal" and that they were hand selected to aesthetically match each other & the center stone.

Who are you going with as your designer? I was working directly with Marie @ GOG when I was getting my ring designed. I distinctly remember that after spending so much time & effort w/ Jonathan @ GOG with the diamond, I told Marie that I was concerned about the traps "overpowering" the center diamond. I trusted her expertise in settings and she relayed that information with the ring's designer. My bottom line is that I wanted it to look good with still a good amount of "eye focus" on the center stone. The end result was the ring in my OP.

Just express that you want traps, but you don't want them to take away from your center stone. I know with my designer, I got several revisions of the CAD on a near-weekly basis to reflect my changes. I even ended up printing the CAD drawings on paper at accurate dimensions and then cutting it out to see how it would look.

The bottom line is, as long as your ring-maker is good & reputable at what he/she does, I don't think there will be a problem.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
What an amazing story and beautiful final product... I followed your threads on Rocky Talk and here, this is just beautiful.

Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results