shape
carat
color
clarity

Long-awaited pictures of JW blue-green tourmaline...plus much, much more (collection pics!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Shinyrocks, LtlFirecracker, and ArjunaJane!

Arjuna, for the opal, I''m waiting on a quote from my jeweler about a simple white gold bezel setting. I should hear tomorrow, but if it ends up being too expensive, I think I have a couple options with both James Allen and Excel Diamonds. I''m thinking simple, simple, simple
1.gif

My Legacy LOGR is the standard 7x7 - the garnet is a little under 2 cts. and measures exactly 7 mm. The setting was really cheap since I didn''t need any changes made other than ring size, which is a 3.5. The ring is a little bit loose on my finger though, but I love it!

You should definitely go for a Legacy LOGR! I ordered the same setting but customized for a 10mm last night - you can take a look when it gets here to see if you like something bigger like that, or the 7mm.

What stone are you thinking for it?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEG,
Please post pics of your 10x10 setting when you get it, and did he charge way more than the $50 customization fee to make it that big?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
What a fantastic collection! Of course i love the tourmaline, but I''m jealous you have that morganite too. Can you believe that I''ve spent the past 3-4 days looking for an asscher morganite?! BTW, did you order upgraded stones on your LOGR 10mm setting? My husband said I could get one for my birthday, and he said I could upgrade after seeing tourmalinelover''s non-upgrade/upgrade side-by-side (thanks TL!!). Like everyone else here, can''t wait to see more pics of everything.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 8:22:18 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Arjuna, for the opal, I''m waiting on a quote from my jeweler about a simple white gold bezel setting. I should hear tomorrow, but if it ends up being too expensive, I think I have a couple options with both James Allen and Excel Diamonds. I''m thinking simple, simple, simple
1.gif

My Legacy LOGR is the standard 7x7 - the garnet is a little under 2 cts. and measures exactly 7 mm. The setting was really cheap since I didn''t need any changes made other than ring size, which is a 3.5. The ring is a little bit loose on my finger though, but I love it!

You should definitely go for a Legacy LOGR! I ordered the same setting but customized for a 10mm last night - you can take a look when it gets here to see if you like something bigger like that, or the 7mm.

Hi BEG, thanks for the info. Do you know how big is the ring including the halo?
To be honest, I will be getting the setting made from Sally, but I am trying to figure out proportions.
I was aiming for a 7/7.5mm stone, and it came out at ~8.6mm. (this is my cushion rhodolite) . I''m sure it will be stunning in person, but I''ve never worn larger stones.

It will be for a RHR, sz7. Does anyone think a 8.6mm stone with (probably) a bezel will be too big looking for "every other day" wear..?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well for Pete''s Sake BEG: how in the world did I miss this thread?

I love your collection!!!!!
36.gif
I adore the new stone you bought from Jeff, it glows like a little fireball.
I also love your opal ring. It is gorgeous.!!!!!!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 8:26:39 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
BEG,

Please post pics of your 10x10 setting when you get it, and did he charge way more than the $50 customization fee to make it that big?

I definitely will - LOGR said it would take 15 days though, but I''m hoping it''ll be sooner. I should send them a note saying I expect top quality and I''ll be posting in a full review on PS
2.gif
But yeah, he charged way more - total was $400. I asked my mom if she wanted that one, or this one since the second one is way cheaper and already made for a 10mm. She decided that she''d rather have the same Legacy style though.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 9:20:34 PM
Author: cellentani
What a fantastic collection! Of course i love the tourmaline, but I''m jealous you have that morganite too. Can you believe that I''ve spent the past 3-4 days looking for an asscher morganite?! BTW, did you order upgraded stones on your LOGR 10mm setting? My husband said I could get one for my birthday, and he said I could upgrade after seeing tourmalinelover''s non-upgrade/upgrade side-by-side (thanks TL!!). Like everyone else here, can''t wait to see more pics of everything.

Thanks Cellentani! I love the morganite - it''s a really delicate color. Have you tried e-mailing Jeff to see if he has any more rough?

I didn''t upgrade the stones for the 10mm setting - I didn''t upgrade them for my 7mm garnet either. If I look really really hard I can see a couple stones that aren''t that sparkly, but for the most part, they''re very sparkly. I think my mom is even less picky
3.gif
(I think it''s an eyesight thing, lol)

But for my blue-green tourmaline, I''m pretty sure I''ll upgrade the diamonds. If i had the money, I would upgrade though - unfortunately, I keep spending money on all these pesky stones!
2.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

Date: 1/13/2009 9:31:33 PM
Author: arjunajane

1.gif

Hi BEG, thanks for the info. Do you know how big is the ring including the halo?
To be honest, I will be getting the setting made from Sally, but I am trying to figure out proportions.
I was aiming for a 7/7.5mm stone, and it came out at ~8.6mm. (this is my cushion rhodolite) . I''m sure it will be stunning in person, but I''ve never worn larger stones.

It will be for a RHR, sz7. Does anyone think a 8.6mm stone with (probably) a bezel will be too big looking for ''every other day'' wear..?
Hey arjunajane
, not that you were asking me, but I''ve got a 9mm asscher aqua (actually 9.1mm, according to my dig. calipers), and I wear it often. I also wear a size 7, so the pic will give you some idea of what it might look like on your hand. Of course, if you bezel-set, it will be even smaller than mine, given that the little halo on my aqua brings brings the head to 11.6mm. Hope this helps a little.

pic for arjunajane.JPG

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

1.gif

It will be for a RHR, sz7. Does anyone think a 8.6mm stone with (probably) a bezel will be too big looking for ''every other day'' wear..?

I just did a quick measure, and it looks around 13 mm including the halo. It''s about the most I can go I think - it pretty much covers my entire finger.

Hmm...I think with a size 7, an 8.6 mm stone will be fine with a halo. My mom''s amethyst is 10mm and going in a halo, and she''s also a size 7. Of course, she loves bling, but even so, I think while it''ll be blingy, it won''t be over-the-top.

I would imagine you''d get pretty similar finger cover with the 8.6 that I had with the 7? It''ll definitely be on the bigger end, but I think it''d be fine for every other day wear - I wear my garnet every other day, and it hasn''t bothered me (the size of the ring).

I think the rhodolite is going to be stunning in a halo -are you going for yellow gold, or white? I think you can get away with substantially bigger when it comes to colored stones than diamonds, so I think you''ll be fine. Sorry, I keep saying "I think"! But I really DO think it''s going to be gorgeous, and I think the size will be fine as long as you''re comfortable with it

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 9:31:42 PM
Author: Linda W

36.gif

Thanks Linda! Good to see you again - how is everything going? Did you get the furnace fixed?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Cellentani that''s beautiful!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 10:00:51 PM
Date: 1/13/2009 9:31:42 PM

36.gif

Thanks Linda! Good to see you again - how is everything going? Did you get the furnace fixed?

Yes we did and thank you for asking. I can''t wait to see your new tourmaline set, it is going to be one beautiful ring.
30.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 10:11:57 PM

Yes we did and thank you for asking. I can''t wait to see your new tourmaline set, it is going to be one beautiful ring.
30.gif

Aw that''s great Linda! I''m not sure where you are, but if it''s anything like Chicago, warmth is a great thing!

And thank you!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEG, I love every single piece in your collection, and that JW tourmaline is GORGEOUS!!!!! I want one, now!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 9:56:16 PM
Author: cellentani

Hey arjunajane
, not that you were asking me, but I''ve got a 9mm asscher aqua (actually 9.1mm, according to my dig. calipers), and I wear it often. I also wear a size 7, so the pic will give you some idea of what it might look like on your hand. Of course, if you bezel-set, it will be even smaller than mine, given that the little halo on my aqua brings brings the head to 11.6mm. Hope this helps a little.
Hi Cellentani, thankyou so much for posting this, its exactly what I needed to see!
36.gif

Your fingers are long and skinny, while mine and short, but I''m thinking I may as well go for it and get me a *real* ring for my first colour item.
9.gif

Thankyou again!
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 9:57:30 PM

I just did a quick measure, and it looks around 13 mm including the halo. It''s about the most I can go I think - it pretty much covers my entire finger.

Hmm...I think with a size 7, an 8.6 mm stone will be fine with a halo. My mom''s amethyst is 10mm and going in a halo, and she''s also a size 7. Of course, she loves bling, but even so, I think while it''ll be blingy, it won''t be over-the-top.

I would imagine you''d get pretty similar finger cover with the 8.6 that I had with the 7? It''ll definitely be on the bigger end, but I think it''d be fine for every other day wear - I wear my garnet every other day, and it hasn''t bothered me (the size of the ring).

I think the rhodolite is going to be stunning in a halo -are you going for yellow gold, or white? I think you can get away with substantially bigger when it comes to colored stones than diamonds, so I think you''ll be fine. Sorry, I keep saying ''I think''! But I really DO think it''s going to be gorgeous, and I think the size will be fine as long as you''re comfortable with it
Hi again BEG, thankyou kindly for measuring for me, and your advice.
I love how enthusiastic and helpful everyone is here.
5.gif

I''m thinking definate YG for this one - I''ve been told that is complimentary with rhodolite? Haven''t got the details worked out, as Sally is gong to design something special But with any luck, it will be kinda reminiscent of Coati''s gorgeous JM bezel, with probably some leafy/flowy design somewhere.
I will of course have to check once I have the actual stone if bezel-ing will be ok, fingers crossed as I am bezel mad right now!

Ok, so that does it, you ladies have convinced me! A big ''ol sparkler for my first coloured stone ring it is!
9.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I love them all.

For the oval stone, where is the setting from?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 12:04:11 AM
Author: CharmyPoo
Gorgeous! I love them all.

For the oval stone, where is the setting from?

I think you mean the oval opal right?

If so, I actually have no idea, I''m sorry
7.gif
It was the original setting for the opal, and the ring was originally my great-aunt''s years and years ago. I actually have no idea what I''m going to do with it when I get the opal reset

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I should have specified! I never proof read my posts and always get embarassed when I go back. I meant this one...

BEGAll4.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 12:26:58 AM
Author: CharmyPoo
I should have specified! I never proof read my posts and always get embarassed when I go back. I meant this one...

BEGAll4.jpg

Oh I see! Sorry I had no idea - that''s my cushion sapphire (but it DOES look more oval!)

That''s a James Allen common prong setting found here

It''s the one that is 1.9 mm, not 2.2 mm. I really like it, and JA was great to work with!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
YUMMO!
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results