shape
carat
color
clarity

long awaited ering pictures...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

[email protected]

Rough_Rock

Thanks for all the lovely comments! I''m beaming with joy (although I haven''t been officially given the ring, haha) More pics soon I promise!

Here''s a strange story, went to a GIA certified graduate gemnologist to get the ring appraised last fri. He thought it was a VVS1-2. He could not for the life of him see any inclusions except a tiny one by one of the prongs. The diamond is laser inscribed and it matches the cert number. My inclusions are 3 twinning wisps (which I understand are hard to see), radiating out from the corners of the table. Anyway, he has appraised it 46K (euro), but bought for 22K. My insurers are going to have a field day! I''m assuming this is good anyway! I''ll keep it so!

Belle, Elvis is 15 months old, and already saying ''Elvis'', ''hello'', quacks like a duck, barks like a dog, wolf whistles like a dirty old man, imitates the dishwasher, microwave, telephone, oven and my own boyfriend!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOWZA! What a gorgeous ring...and I love that Elvis the bird likes it, too! Can''t wait for more pics!

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a pretty ring, and congrats on the great valuation!! How did you find the process of having it sent to Ireland? Did it get through customs ok? (I''m in Scotland so I have a vested interest :)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. But please keep that D nice and clean so it sparkles with all of its crisp D-ness!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2007 5:06:30 AM
Author: sharry
Anyway, he has appraised it 46K (euro), but bought for 22K. My insurers are going to have a field day! I''m assuming this is good anyway! I''ll keep it so!

!

Be careful...depending on your insurance policy a high appraisal might not be a good thing. If you have a replacement policy, if you make a claim you''ll only get the amount that the insurance company could buy the same thing for, which will often be quite a bit smaller than the appraised value. In the meantime, you have to pay the premiums on the higher value!

Not fair at all...but the inflated appraisal might end up hurting you in premiums.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!
30.gif
Is the setting also from Union diamond? Who makes it? It is a beautiful solitaire setting!

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
Weegem, I got it delivered to the states where I picked it up. As far as I know, it''s no problem getting it through customs ok. It''s fully insured till you sign on the dotted line for the full amount. You''ll of course, have to pay your VAT on collection.

Neatfreak, thanks for the good advice! I really have to shop around for the best insurers. So it''s advisable to go for insurance that will give me the cash if I make a claim, don''t go for a replacement policy.

Diamond seeker. After I chose the diamond, I spent one month thinking about settings. I must have ploughed 1000''s of pics on the internet to look for my ideal setting. This is not really what I had in mind. I wanted the same thing without the bridge at the front and back so I can see the whole side profile of the diamond better but my jeweller said it would be too unstable. I''m happy with this though! Love it to bits....constantly worried the diamond is going to fall out of the prongs for some reason! Union doesn''t have that setting, I had to custom make it with them.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful. So elegant and that stone is gorgeous! Your bird is a cutie, too!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classic and gorgeous ring, congrats! LOVE the Elvis pic too
9.gif

icyhot

Rough_Rock
Sharry,

I love that setting. That is exactly the same setting I am currently looking at, so I'm happy to hear such positive feedback from everyone else. How was your experience with Uniondiamond? I'm actually looking at a few stones from there.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I don''t know how I missed this the first time! That setting is beautiful - love that surprise diamond on the side. The gorgeous stone is D-licious, D-lightful, and D-rop D-ead amazing!

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! I can feel your excitement! Congratulations on your perfect stone!
36.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
How did I miss this?? It's a beautiful ring! I also love your bird. (as you might guess I am a big parrot fan).

Your stone seems familiar to me. In any case, it is absolutely lovely and a total winner. Love that beauty!

Interestingly my parrots have *not* shown much interest in my ring. They love pens, paper, socks and slippers but the ring *eh* for them!

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
I love that setting. That is exactly the same setting I am currently looking at, so I''m happy to hear such positive feedback from everyone else. How was your experience with Uniondiamond? I''m actually looking at a few stones from there.
Hi Icyhot,

My experience with UD was positive, great customer service and communication. They don''t however offer idealscope images or gemex which is unfortunate. I had to take their word for it that the stone had great light return and H&A patterning etc until I recieved it, got it appraised and breathed a sigh of relief. I think with venders like WF and JA, you''re slightly more informed of the stone you''re getting with the IS images etc....it turned out well in the end and I would recommend them to anyone. Good luck with your purchase!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful
just the right size for your hand, like the surprise diamond, one of my favorite touches! ;-)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooh, I love the new pics!! You have such a gorgeous diamond and it looks great on your small hand!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
WOWIE!!!! Those new pictures are wonderful !

Love the diamond AND setting.... just perfectly delicious
18.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great pictures! I still love that setting, too!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good lord, that stone is just gorgeous as is the setting. You take great pics Sharry!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results