shape
carat
color
clarity

London - setting a diamond

amit_c

Rough_Rock
Bought a loose stone from Brian Gavin - after a lot of back and forth!

Any recommendations for a place to get it set in London?

Appreciate the hassle factor / risk factor and insurance etc, but going to go for it...

Thanks

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you do a search (I always have more success with google than the PS search function, but I’m a Luddite and that might just be me!) , there’s a few recent threads. This one probably has the most recommendations.

If you let us know your taste etc that might narrow things down. And is the stone still in the US or with you now?

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bought a loose stone from Brian Gavin - after a lot of back and forth!

Any recommendations for a place to get it set in London?

Appreciate the hassle factor / risk factor and insurance etc, but going to go for it...

Thanks

Yes! Simon at https://jewelleryrepairworkshop.co.uk/

He is an amazing jeweller and diamond setter, and also makes bespoke pieces from scratch:

Both of these are his websites.

The customer service is amazing - they have a chat facility during working hours, you can send them photos of what you want and ask them questions, they are very responsive. They will usually quote via the chat facility if you have all the info and images. And they have great attention to detail as well. They have done 2 rings for me now, and also various repairs, and the quality of the work is excellent. The prices are also extremely reasonable because they dont have a "shop" but instead have a small unit in a workshop in Hatton garden where they will do meetings by appointment. They are also happy to work via post/ courrier if you cant get there.

I have tried various benches over the years, around the UK and also London, with mixed results. I am now at the point where Simon is the only person I would trust with my good jewellery and gemstones. And he is not one of these jewellers who has an attitude when he hasnt supplied the centre stone, theres no hard sell or judgement of any kind, just a helpful approach which seems to be pretty rare as far as my experience goes.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Why don't you have him set it? That would be easiest.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Definitely agree to have BGD do the whole thing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results