shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR's new email address

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
tourmaline_lover said:
I forget, is "diamondmounts" one of the lan.b04 stores?

Not according to lan.bo4

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
Did you ever get any resolution?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cemrn said:
Did you ever get any resolution?

Sure. I sent them an email back telling them I would only pay what we agreed upon, not what they sent. I also provided them the breakdown of what we agreed upon. I think that sometimes you do what you have to do you know?

They sent me a new invoice with the agreed upon price. I'm treating it as it were an honest mistake but if I see a series of 'mistakes' then its another story! So hopefully its being made as I've not had any contact with them since. I would guess I should see something by at least Labor Day if not before.

-A

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Well .. I still haven't gotten a response after 4 emails. It's not like I can call anyone too. I am really tempted to stop by Stephan's house since it is only about a 20 minutes drive from me. But this seems stalkerish?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CharmyPoo said:
Well .. I still haven't gotten a response after 4 emails. It's not like I can call anyone too. I am really tempted to stop by Stephan's house since it is only about a 20 minutes drive from me. But this seems stalkerish?

:shock: sort of? :lol: it may not be the thing to do. I sometimes have had to wait a few days before I got an answer back too (I do believe it was 4).

-A

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am completely kidding about stalking him and showing up at his house. I have waited 5 days so far.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CharmyPoo said:
I am completely kidding about stalking him and showing up at his house. I have waited 5 days so far.

He tends to ignore emails that are asking him to "fix" something. I suggest you keep emailing him, and remind him of what a loyal and good customer you are.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
CharmyPoo said:

Sorry to hear about your issues Charmy! This really made me laugh though. :lol: It'd be better if you left him little notes in random places that you know he travels if you're going for stalking. If you walk up and say hi I'm not sure that stalking...I'd be more inclined to call that confrontational. :lol:

For the record I wouldn't do either but thought it was good for a laugh.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CharmyPoo said:
:lol: I would probably consider that too if I was such a loyal customer like you! :mrgreen:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5 days is a bit much, I cant blame you for thinking about rolling by his crib...lol but glad you're not SERIOUSLY contemplating it though!

TL, he had me waiting 4 days just to pay him so I think its more to it than just that. Doesn't he have like 2-3 stores at this point? I'm sure having to fix something will make that a return email a bit slower but payment? I think thats way odd.

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian said:
5 days is a bit much, I cant blame you for thinking about rolling by his crib...lol but glad you're not SERIOUSLY contemplating it though!

TL, he had me waiting 4 days just to pay him so I think its more to it than just that. Doesn't he have like 2-3 stores at this point? I'm sure having to fix something will make that a return email a bit slower but payment? I think thats way odd.

-A

If asking for a customization or anything where you want to potentially buy something, he'll answer within a couple of days. If it's a fix, in my experience, you can send several emails in the span of several days, and no response. I think it's more than just having to deal with multiple stores. I do feel he puts those "fix" emails at the bottom of his priority list. I once had to email him several times to aknowledge a complaint I had, and I had to remind him that I was a loyal and a very good customer, and THEN he responded right away. Therefore, my advice would be to just keep emailing him and remind him that you would appreciate a response. It doesn't have to be a nasty email, but it can be cordial, and a helpful reminder that you are a very good customer who has bought X amount of settings, does help.

Tan owns three stores and has tons of people winning auctions, but he always responds back rather quickly, even if I want to make a return.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're right, Tan is usually quite quick. However even with me its been 3-4 days here and there.

When I had to wait 4 days with LOGR it was after I had won the auction and needed to pay. As I usually do I asked for an invoice with my updates on it, no more no less.

So it happens.

We can both agree that when you have to return something the emails don't come as quick, but sure its better that Charmy continues to send emails and not just roll up at his crib..lol

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, he can be slow with auction wins too, especially if they end low. I do understand that the higher ticket items probably take higher priority for him, but he shouldn't be ignoring other emails for days like that.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
He usually responds to my purchases within a day or so. He actually responded to some of my just won auction customization questions.

Anyways, afer 7 emails or so he finally responded. Gist of it .. too bad so sad .. it was past 30 days. So I am out of luck. I shouldn't have waited so long before doing something about it. Can't really complain since that is the policy. Now I am stuck with two settings and nothing to put in it.

My problem is that my fingers are relatively small - you think I will be able to sell settings that are size 3 and 4? I have a ton of settings with no stones and it's time to let them go. I am not wearing my gemstone rings much lately .. just have been keeping it simple with my e-ring or bands.

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
Oh darn Chamy I wish my fingers were that small I need some settings. I am sure someone out there is a 4 just not me. It can't hurt to try and sell them.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
what do these settings look like? i'm a 3.25

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian said:
You're right, Tan is usually quite quick. However even with me its been 3-4 days here and there.

When I had to wait 4 days with LOGR it was after I had won the auction and needed to pay. As I usually do I asked for an invoice with my updates on it, no more no less.

So it happens.

We can both agree that when you have to return something the emails don't come as quick, but sure its better that Charmy continues to send emails and not just roll up at his crib..lol

-A

Tan answers at any time of the day, which makes me think that he employs people to deal with emails in a timely and constructive manner. Which just shows that he is an astute, customer-oriented businessman. Why can not LOGR or Lan.bo4 do the same especially given the fact that Lan.bo4 has 4 shops is beyond my comprehension. But TL, you are right, when I asked Lan.bo4 about customization I got a prompt email with prices that were much higher than the ones quoted in his website. Instead of negotiating, I dropped the whole process, mostly because I could not find anything that would work for my stones.

Lee Little

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi CharmyPoo,
Is it possible those settings could be ground out a bit to make the stones fit nicely? Are you using a jeweler to set the stones? If a jeweler says they are too small then that is another thing but lots of settings are on the small side and often you can grind out some.
Another option would be to re-polish the stone to make it smaller. I would hate to melt down finished products in designs you like when the solution could be within grasp.
Of course they should have made them right the first time. The fact that it is over 30 days should not mean anything when it was their mistake if you ask me. It is still their mistake regardless of when they made it and a man should own up to it, policy or not. It is not like they shrink after a month, they were wrong from day one. True integrity does not expire in 30 days.
That is all just my opinion. I don't even know those folks, I am just talking about customer service. It is very kind of you to forgive them since they have that policy and you respect it. I hope it all works out. Best regards, Lee

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
crasru - LOGR does employ people to respond to emails. They just always use Stephan's name.

fortekitty - I have about 10 settings without stones right now ranging in size 3, 3.25 and 4. I will probably put them up on a classifieds site and see what happens.

Lee - unfortunately, my two trouble settings are halo settings so nothing much I can do. They were purchased for 8 mm stones and it was made for 9.5 mm stones. Nothing I can do. This is the second attempt too .. the first halo setting was made too small (for 7 mm stones) so I ended up putting something else in there. My jeweller is very experienced and if he says it can't be done .. it can't be done. I am also very picky with my stones fitting my settings perfectly. The one or two times where I just put a stone into a setting that doesn't fit perfectly .. I never wore the ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results