shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR's new email address

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have LOGR's new email address? I can't find the email with it in it.

I had two custom rings made for 8 mm but they are 9.5 mm and can't fit my stones! On top of that, I had another ring set and just looked at it and it has 2 melee missing .. should have checked at the store. DOH!

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no not LOGR too. What's going on? Why don't they check them before they send them out. It takes like a second.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I recently had a customized setting that turned out too small for the stone intended for it, even though I gave him a size that was .2mm over on purpose so that it wouldn't be too small. I didn't return it because it was customized and it the customization+shipping fees wouldn't have made it worth it. Thoroughly aggravating.

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
Man, it hardly seems worth the risk. LOGR has high customization fees. Perhaps it seems easier to buy a setting and have a stone custom cut??

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
cemrn said:
Man, it hardly seems worth the risk. LOGR has high customization fees. Perhaps it seems easier to buy a setting and have a stone custom cut??

or buy a setting a bit closer to home... ;-)

I am sorry Charmy to hear of your setting woes, I hope you can have them resolved satisfactorily.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I doubt it because it is over 30 days too. What a shame because I have absolutely nothing to do with these two settings now. This is the third setting I purchased for one of these stones .. never fits.

Today was a really disapointing day. I appraised an OEC I bought (AJ - same as your seller) and it was suppose to be a 0.65 and turned out to be a 0.45 plus tons of chips on the girdle.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some settings from LOGR can run a bit small, I learned that from experience. I hope that any of the QC issues that are going on can be rectified. Its something that will keep me from purchasing if they continue.

-A

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Found the email address.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I just don't get why I have to lose my custom fee if they made a mistake - I paid a lot for the custom fee too - it was $90 each.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo said:
I doubt it because it is over 30 days too. What a shame because I have absolutely nothing to do with these two settings now. This is the third setting I purchased for one of these stones .. never fits.

Today was a really disapointing day. I appraised an OEC I bought (AJ - same as your seller) and it was suppose to be a 0.65 and turned out to be a 0.45 plus tons of chips on the girdle.

Charmy - that is really pretty unfortunate. Are we talking about John Wesley? You realize he is also a member here?
My OEC also ended up being ~20 points smaller than anticipated, but as it came with an independent appraisal and I still paid a very good price considering, I wasn't really concerned and assumed it an honest mistake.

At least when I bought, John had a return policy - I am guessing you will be sending it back?

He recently posted in my SMTR thread about a new diamond he had bought to 'replace' the OEC I bought, which ended up being larger than advertised - that would be nice wouldn't it ;))

I know my opinion is not really popular in CS on this topic, but considering all the posts lately with the hassles and loss of time & money involved, I am quite steadfastly against buying these Chinese made mounts. I actually don't see the advantage, even if one does feel they are saving a couple hundred initially.. Personally, the question of ethically produced products also weighs quite heavily, and I have read / seen awful things about these large factories in China.

Please excuse going slightly off topic Charmy - I am sorry you've had a disappointing day :blackeye: and I would be sending them all back and insisting they don't get to keep the customization charges, I agree that is unfair if you have given accurate instruction..
You mentioned LanBo "flatly refused", is it the same with LOGR?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I just emailed LOGR so I will see what he says. I am usually really accomdating and haven't returned a single one even though plenty didn't fit. At this point, I have over 10 settings with no stones and I just can't keep all these settings since I am stopping myself from buying more stones. It's like I am not meant to combine them or something.

To sum it up.. all in one day
1. 2 settings don't fit
2. Missing two melees on another ring (first time I ever lost melee)
3. OEC appraisal

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo said:
I just emailed LOGR so I will see what he says. I am usually really accomdating and haven't returned a single one even though plenty didn't fit. At this point, I have over 10 settings with no stones and I just can't keep all these settings since I am stopping myself from buying more stones. It's like I am not meant to combine them or something.

1. 2 settings don't fit
3. OEC appraisal

I hope LOGR is willing to help.
What about John and the OEC?

Please excuse me being presumptions enough to comment on your purchases, but 10 loose settings is an awful lot, money which I'm sure could have bought gems or custom settings..How many if you don't mind me asking are empty as they were made to the wrong size?
How frustrating!

I agree Charmy, it would appear this isn't necessarily the route for you.. :sick:
Sorry again to hear of your crappy day.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I got in a habit of snatching up settings when the auctions ended low so there are a lot of settings. I think half of them weren't customized properly - I am also very picky want exact fit. I am not buying anymore even my jeweler makes fun of me that I have more jewelery than a store. I am not pleased too that I am missing two melees - he is usually so great and detailed oriented.

I haven't decided what to do with the OEC yet. I may return it but I had the stone unset and don't want to pay to have it reset. Perhaps I will just set it in a setting I have and give it to my sister as a present.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
CharmyPoo, I had posted on another thread about size issues with lan.bo4's settings, and I have recently had the same issue with LOGR. I am currently awaiting 2 more settings from LOGR, and if these do not fit I'm done with both these vendors. I had already reached the same conclusion that arjunajane came to: On the surface, it looks like a good deal, but when I order a setting that's advertised as fitting a 9mm stone, it better not be too small, especially if the stone is actually 8.9 or 8.8mm. I'm so sorry you have had such a run of bad luck, but really do appreciate you sharing your experiences, because it's helped clarify for me how and where I will be spending my money in the future.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
CharmyPoo said:

1. 2 settings don't fit
3. OEC appraisal

Have you thought about taking all those settings, melting them down, taking any of the melee and having someone else make custom mountings for you? You'd basically just be paying for labor since you have all the material.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear of this CP! It seems the more sellers that appear on Ebay like LOGR, you would think you could get better service especially when you pay $90 for a customization fee!! As I posted on another thread my experience with LOGR, I decided I would stay away from these sellers and your thread just re-iterates it. However, I get tempted all over again when I see that someone like TL and LTP have had some good luck with them and the settings look gorgeous with their stones. **Edited by moderator. It is against forum policy to discuss other forums**

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
CharmyPoo said:

1. 2 settings don't fit
3. OEC appraisal
**Edited by moderator. It is against forum policy to discuss other forums**

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I had a lot of good luck from the China sellers and have many beautiful rings from them. Just a string of bad luck lately.

It seems to me that LOGR has been steadily going downhill. I am certain they are using different manufacturers - the rings lately are a lot more light weight and the melee isn't as well done. None of my other rings ever lost melee and I can't believe 2 poped off in this setting. My jeweler is going to fix it but still ...

If LOGR doesn't respond to me within a few days, I guess I will resell them. Or I will be a freak and show up at Stephan's house since I have his home address which he uses for returns (just kidding).

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CharmyPoo said:
I had a lot of good luck from the China sellers and have many beautiful rings from them. Just a string of bad luck lately.

It seems to me that LOGR has been steadily going downhill. I am certain they are using different manufacturers - the rings lately are a lot more light weight and the melee isn't as well done. None of my other rings ever lost melee and I can't believe 2 poped off in this setting. My jeweler is going to fix it but still ...

If LOGR doesn't respond to me within a few days, I guess I will resell them. Or I will be a freak and show up at Stephan's house since I have his home address which he uses for returns (just kidding).

LOL! It is good to know all this CP as I would hate to order something from them and not have the better weight/quality settings that they use to have. .......I finally got my gemstones from an Ebay seller yesterday and I am seriously considering ordering a double halo setting from "diamondmounts" for the tsavorite. They are one of the only sellers who still have 100% feedback rating, but still, that can mean nothing now-a-days............... :|

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forget, is "diamondmounts" one of the lan.b04 stores?

Charmy, sorry about your string of bad luck lately. :((

I had thought his email was [email protected].

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tourmaline_lover said:
I forget, is "diamondmounts" one of the lan.b04 stores?

Charmy, sorry about your string of bad luck lately. :((

I had thought his email was [email protected].

I just inquired with diamondmounts and mentioned this forum and the bad luck/disappointing experience that some of the members are having with some of the Ebay sellers like LOGR, lan.bo4,................ hahahaha! I am kinda laughing because if lan.bo4 and diamondmounts are one company.................... maybe that will get them to be on their toes... I will let you all know the response. If I do decide to purchase, I hope I am not a glutton for punishment.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I just purchased from diamondmounts. We'll see what it looks like right? Right now we're going back and forth over upgrade prices. I'm curious if they charge different people different pricing...just a question KWIM? Once it gets here I'll snap some pics with some commentary.

Also just received the new settings from LOGR. They measure out pretty well, one is a bit narrow but I expected that. It fits the stone I wanted it for. The one I have with the butterflies is just exquisite (I blame TL for that :tongue: ). Diamonds are super white and I only upgraded the gold. Will have to get pictures tonight sometime.

I don't know if they use more than one manufacturer or not tbh but it would seem that they may if there's unevenness in their QC. I just know I've never had to send one back. (I did have to sell one off but thats because of the stone, not the setting)

-A

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian said:
Well, I just purchased from diamondmounts. We'll see what it looks like right? Right now we're going back and forth over upgrade prices. I'm curious if they charge different people different pricing...just a question KWIM? Once it gets here I'll snap some pics with some commentary.

Also just received the new settings from LOGR. They measure out pretty well, one is a bit narrow but I expected that. It fits the stone I wanted it for. The one I have with the butterflies is just exquisite (I blame TL for that :tongue: ). Diamonds are super white and I only upgraded the gold. Will have to get pictures tonight sometime.

I don't know if they use more than one manufacturer or not tbh but it would seem that they may if there's unevenness in their QC. I just know I've never had to send one back. (I did have to sell one off but thats because of the stone, not the setting)

-A

I hope it all works out Arcadian. I made an offer on a setting from diamondmount about 1 week ago and they accepted after the auction ended. I had to wait a little bit to get back with them because I was waiting on the stone that needed setting which seemed to be no problem. So now I email them back from the original Ebay email and they told me it would be $60 more because of the price of gold and diamonds going up! I think they think I am stupid or something and so after bantering back and forth with them and at one point the responder said his English was not good, I gave up. So now I made an offer on another mounting from jewe2004 which they accepted and again, the auction ended!! So since I don't feel comfortable doing this without Ebay in the middle of which I told them because they wanted to send me a Paypal invoice. They told me they would have to charge me $35 more if they went through Ebay and relisted the item to my specifications. So I said why don't I just make an offer with a note with my specifications on a current auction of the same setting that way they did not need to relist again? Before I heard back from them, I did exactly that and stated who I was,etc. and they came back with a counter offer of $30 more?? Neither one of these sellers gave me any re-assurance that I would get the setting that I liked with the specifications I needed. They both kept uping their fees. :nono: I really felt like it was becoming a "take the money and run" situation. It is not that I don't think that they will send me the setting, it is that I worry they will send me the wrong setting or the setting that is not to my specifications. Too much time and energy going into this. I should just trust my instincts either that or I will wait to see what you think of your diamondmounts setting Arcadian.........but I am sure they will charge me even more money if I decide to do so. :((

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cushioncutnut said:
I hope it all works out Arcadian. I made an offer on a setting from diamondmount about 1 week ago and they accepted after the auction ended. I had to wait a little bit to get back with them because I was waiting on the stone that needed setting which seemed to be no problem. So now I email them back from the original Ebay email and they told me it would be $60 more because of the price of gold and diamonds going up! I think they think I am stupid or something and so after bantering back and forth with them and at one point the responder said his English was not good, I gave up. So now I made an offer on another mounting from jewe2004 which they accepted and again, the auction ended!! So since I don't feel comfortable doing this without Ebay in the middle of which I told them because they wanted to send me a Paypal invoice. They told me they would have to charge me $35 more if they went through Ebay and relisted the item to my specifications. So I said why don't I just make an offer with a note with my specifications on a current auction of the same setting that way they did not need to relist again? Before I heard back from them, I did exactly that and stated who I was,etc. and they came back with a counter offer of $30 more?? Neither one of these sellers gave me any re-assurance that I would get the setting that I liked with the specifications I needed. They both kept uping their fees. :nono: I really felt like it was becoming a "take the money and run" situation. It is not that I don't think that they will send me the setting, it is that I worry they will send me the wrong setting or the setting that is not to my specifications. Too much time and energy going into this. I should just trust my instincts either that or I will wait to see what you think of your diamondmounts setting Arcadian.........but I am sure they will charge me even more money if I decide to do so. :((

With these guys simple english is best. The upgrade I asked for wasn't terrible, about what I expect with LOGR. Since I don't need the head changed or a diamond upgrade, I should be ok (I asked for a gold upgrade and sizing is all) Since I already know the size of the stone, I figured it worth it to order and see what happens.

The one thing I have noticed is that you DO have to continue talking with them, otherwise they kind of arbitrarily raise their prices. I had inquired about a setting from Lan.boy his upgrade was in the same neighborhood as diamondmounts and LOGR.

Changing heads and all I prefer to go through LOGR or American Set. (AS is in California I believe, a bit more money but the settings are very nice)

-A

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I googled it and can't find what LOGR stands for.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny said:
Lord of Gem Rings on eBay.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny said:

Lord of the Gem Rings. (yes I know..you don't have to say it...lol)

In other news after I agreed on a price with diamondmounts, since mine was an auction, they sent an invoice trying to charge more than what we agreed on.... oh boy here we go....Thankfully i'm patient. But its interesting they're trying to jack the prices of the auctions after its been said and done. Should you do business with them especially in an auction situation, keep your eyes open because they're definitely trying to pad that price beyond what was agreed.

CCN, I would never do business outside of ebay and paypal with someone that is changing their mind with the wind. Its a crap shoot but I'm willing to see what they come back with. I wouldn't do this without paypal and ebay in the middle...not with these guys.

So I'm going to see where it all lands. its already getting interesting.

-A

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono said:
kenny said:
Lord of Gem Rings on eBay.

LOL! thanks for clarifying Chrono. Sometimes we forget that not everyone knows what the abbreviations stand for. OOpS!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanx.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results