shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR sent me the wrong mounting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased the "pink" diamond (well actually it's a brownish pink) over ten years ago from ebay. I don't remember the seller, but I know it was advertised as "pink." It was around $800 at the time. Back then on ebay, there were tons of loose colored diamond sellers. Most people didn't care for them as much back then. Pure pinks were expensive, but now because of J.Lo, I think the market has really increased for any stone with a pronouced pinkish cast, and pure pink prices are now in the stratosphere.

I haven't bought any colored diamonds in a long time, but I did some research on ebay, there's not that many loose colored diamond sellers on ebay today like there were back then. The ones that are there are charging market prices or selling highly included and horribly cut stones, and mostly in champagne/brown colors. I knew of one seller I bought much of my fancy collection from, and she was WONDERFUL. Her prices were great, her stones were usually SI, and everyone loved her. I got my two lemon yellows and my two 20 pointer pinks from her. She's no longer on ebay.
emsad.gif
I think about what I paid back then, and what these stones are going for now.
6.gif

So when people say they think ebay is horrible, I found some of my best finds there!!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
They are both pretty. I would probably keep it and see if they would give me a discount on my next purchase. I love the brown diamond in it. Let us know what you decide.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2008 9:02:41 AM
Author: MMT

They are both pretty. I would probably keep it and see if they would give me a discount on my next purchase. I love the brown diamond in it. Let us know what you decide.
Yes, I''m still waiting to hear back from him, I sent him an email two days ago and one last night. No response. Has anyone been able to email him within the last two days and get a response? That''s not like him.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
In the past, it has taken him days and days to answer. I had to follow up multiple times.

He answers easy questions quickly (ex. can you resize, how much to resize). More difficult ones takes him a while!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Have you heard anything yet?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He totally ignored my request for a discount, and said that he was sorry, and to return the ring back. However, that would cost me to return the ring, and to insure it through the mail. Therefore, I replied back telling him that, and that I would like to have a discount on the ring I originally intended to get. It took him several days to answer this first question, and he didn''t really answer it. So I anticipate I''ll have to wait several more days to get another answer. Hopefully, he''ll give me an answer to my question, yes or no. If he won''t give a discount, fine, but tell me that. I''ll let you know the outcome.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wonder if the setting he sent you is worth more & that its a double "ouch" if he had to give a discount on top of losing a more profitable/pricey setting. Double ouch from a single mistake.

Since he agrees it is his mistake, the *least* I''d think is acceptable is that he should pay the return shipping costs & insurance ... as well as pay the shipping on the "right" ring. (You already paid ONCE to ship the ring you wanted).

It''s not the same as a "return" after inspection -- he sent THE WRONG RING. However, if you prefer the ring he sent ... I wouldn''t *expect* a discount *also*. Maybe I''d ask ... but I don''t think I''d *expect* one. JMHO.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2008 7:44:56 PM
Author: decodelighted
I wonder if the setting he sent you is worth more & that its a double 'ouch' if he had to give a discount on top of losing a more profitable/pricey setting. Double ouch from a single mistake.

Since he agrees it is his mistake, the *least* I'd think is acceptable is that he should pay the return shipping costs & insurance ... as well as pay the shipping on the 'right' ring. (You already paid ONCE to ship the ring you wanted).

It's not the same as a 'return' after inspection -- he sent THE WRONG RING. However, if you prefer the ring he sent ... I wouldn't *expect* a discount *also*. Maybe I'd ask ... but I don't think I'd *expect* one. JMHO.
No both settings are probably equal in price or close to it. Actually I think the double shank is around $50 more. I also paid the $50 custom sizing fee, but the ring obviously didn't fit the stone I had, so it was definitely the wrong ring, or made for someone else. It also was a size 8 when I clearly asked for a size 9 (the ring had a label on it that said size 8). Who knows, perhaps someone else has "my ring" while I got "theirs." (?????)

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I really like these settings. Partial to the 6 prong one that you got. The miligrain probably makes the setting sparkle more?? So, TL... when are you going to get your rings completed????!!???

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My brown diamond is in there (see pic), but I''m not happy with having prongs around the stone. I''m contemplating taking the prongs off and bezel setting another stone in there. I don''t think the millgrain has anything to do with extra sparkle though. LTP received a legacy from LOGR without millgrain, and she loves it just as much as her millgrain settings. I think the important thing with the LOGR''s is that the diamonds sparkle, and yours most definitely do.

brownhalo (2).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results