shape
carat
color
clarity

loads of pics--- finally!! 1.44 ct RB I vs2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I adore the story behind your wedding band. Your center stone is truly stunning, and it looks huge on your finger. Congratulations!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
A question for anyone for anyone who has read this whole thread---- I''m sending my ring out to WF on Monday. You can see from the pictures how high up my cathedral setting sits on my finger. I do like it because it sits flush with my band, but I was wondering if I should ask them to switch the prongs and lower it if all goes well with the recut. It won''t need to be set up so high for light to hit the pavilion if the cut is better and it will probably be safer that way, since I''m not all that easy on my hands. I''m not even sure that is possible-- to keep the actual ring but change the prongs, but if it is, will it leave a gap when I wear both rings together?? I know some people actually like a gap, and I''m not sure if I would or not. Just yet another question I have about my ring. Any opinions welcome. Thanks!!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
LOL yes I''m very sorry! But I don''t have any flowers in my house. I do have a gorgeous rose bush outside that my sister planted when she used to live here, but I don''t think there are any roses right this second! When I get my ring back after I send it to WF, maybe there will be some and I''ll take a few pics. That will be fun!!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I love your rings together! Very elegant! Congrats on your engagement
36.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow what a beauty! It looks so much larger than 1.44! But, 1.44 is large (IMO) to begin with. It really is gorgeous. How high does it set in mm? Thanks for sharing!!!
36.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! I think it will still sit flush with a wedding band if you lower it. All cathedral settings will sit flush. That''s why I love them so much.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! I think I will ask them to lower it. Right now it sits up about 9mm off my finger, which seems pretty high to me.

OK--- THIS IS FOR MISSGOTROCKS AND GLITTERATA (and anyone else interested of course
1.gif
) I''m not too thrilled to post these, but for educational purposes here are some ugly pictures I took of my ring not behaving very well. I do love the arrows in mine, and although I didn''t get a hearts and arrows, I see them all the time. But I do also know that while symmetry and patterning is pretty, it''s not light performance and a lot of times I can clearly see the hideous "ring of death" that exists in steep deeps. These pictures aren''t clear at all because they were taken in a rush in a moving car, but unfortunately this is a pretty accurate view of what I see anytime I''m in a vehicle, indoor sportas arena, and some other places with weird lighting. There is also lots of leakage around the edges sometimes, so it almost looks like there are chunks missing from it, but I didn''t get a good picture of that. Without any further rambling---- my "ring of death" photos!

ugly4.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
another--- sorry they are so blurry, but you can still see the blob of darkness in the middle.

ugly5.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
another

ugly6.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
again

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
whoops didn''t attach.

ugly01.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
and again

ugly02.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
last one---- hard to believe it''s the same stone isn''t it??? I noticed this happening first, THEN I looked it up and found out why it happens. If this didn''t happen I wouldn''t care about the numbers or the HCA score but unfortunately the numbers do seem to make a difference. Now you all agree I should at least send it in for inspection right??

ugly3.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelli, I think that is a good idea to let Brian take a look for you and give you his expert opinion, then at least you will know one way or the other.

JewelryNoob

Rough_Rock
Beautiful pictures. Great ring (even when misbehaving). Your story is truly a classic, and better yet - just beginning.
Congratulations.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/2/2008 11:27:03 AM
Author: Lorelei
Kelli, I think that is a good idea to let Brian take a look for you and give you his expert opinion, then at least you will know one way or the other.

I agree with Lorelei. The first pictures and the last pictures are worlds apart - if nothing else in their focus. I think it would be wise for you to get his opinion so that you can make a decision about what to do. Otherwise, you are always going to have doubts and that will keep you from enjoying your ring.

I''m sure they would be able to set your stone lower if it makes wearing it more comfortable to you.

We''ll be interested to see what Brian has to say - best of luck to you! Keep us posted!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! I am sending it out on Monday and am VERY excited about it. I will definitely be keeping you posted! Do you think I should send them the wedding band too and switch the stones out with ACA melee? My fiance and I have already agreed they need changed out, which you can see in the pics. I wonder if they would even do that, since I wouldn''t need to keep the original stones. I could get a whole wedding set makeover all in one shot if they would agree to that. My local jeweler said he''d switch them for me, but I know ACA''s are going to be prettier, even at a small size. Or maybe I should take it one thing at a time and not get too carried away!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Just a little update. I sent my ring out today!!!! Waiting through this process will be terrible
7.gif
But the thought that I might be getting back a more perfectly cut diamond that doesn''t show a big empty spot of no light return in middle makes me feel pretty good. For the time being, I''m gonna start a new thread of pictures of my grandmother''s rings, just to satisfy my posting addictions while my baby is away!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hang in there Kelli, I will be most interested to hear what the verdict is!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lorelei!! It''s so nice to have people who understand my obsession with this ring! Fiance and family aren''t giving me too hard of a time, but they don''t really understand it either!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results