shape
carat
color
clarity

loads of pics--- finally!! 1.44 ct RB I vs2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
The pictures are really beautiful! Gorgeous diamond, beautiful setting. I love the dating-anniversary-band-turned-wedding-band idea! Congrats!
36.gif

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Dang, those are some arrows! And your ring size must be like a 2 coz that diamond looks a lot bigger than 1.44 ct.!

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that you are using that anniversary ring as your wedding band. So sentimental, and it fits so perfectly with your ring, they did a really good job making the bands match.

Congratulations!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Wow, look at those arrows in your diamond!
It looks beautiful, and also huge on your hand.
1.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!
That is one gorgeous stone, and you took amazing photos of the arrows!
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! That is a beautiful ring, and a lovely, sentimental band. :)

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, gorgeous and HUGE diamond! Love the setting too!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Love those pictures!!! Beautiful eye candy for me this morning!!!
30.gif

Enjoy!

Cachette
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and nice arrows shots.

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring looks very big and tall, and it''s so sweet that your guy wants you to wear your "dating anniversary" ring with it.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous arrows! and your two rings fit so nicely together!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, your ring is gorgeous and every picture is amazing! Congrats - it''s amazing!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
WOW..beaut! It does look HUGE..just as big, if not bigger than my 1.76! I LOVE the cathedral setting..will match up with ANY band(s).
Enjoy!

stogs5

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring! Did you end up getting your diamond recut or did you keep your diamond as is?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow so many responses!! Thank you guys so much
9.gif

Stogs5 I actually kept it the way it is--- so far! For as nice as all these pictures came out, they are all lit up from behind the diamond, which really helps a steep deep look better. Unfortunately, in real life it''s not usually lit up from behind so it still is in need of a little trimming up. The super high setting helps, which I actually like on my finger anyway, but my diamond still "behaves badly" in a number of lighting situations. I emailed Lesley at whiteflash yesterday about finally sending it out to be evaluated for a recut-- just a little off the top and bottom. Brian said it shouldn''t lose more than about five percent of it''s body weight and no more than two tenths of a mm in diameter. What do you guys think??? Should I go for it?? I keep looking at these pics and thinking "why change it" but in real life there are many times when it''s just not as pretty. I didn''t figure the "ring of death" pictures would go over as well so I didn''t take any!!
3.gif
And thanks for remembering my post btw!!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything I want to say has already been said but I''m going to say it anyway!!! Stunning ring and the photos of the arrows are awesome. It really does look more like a 2-2.5ct ring on your hand. Your dating/future wedding ring is a wonderful idea and the two rings look lovely together. Many congratulations on your engagement.

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
STUNNING!!! Congratulations - your ring is just beautiful, and you take AMAZING pictures! Thanks for sharing!
36.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 10:31:24 PM
Author: Kelli
one more on my finger. Hope you''re not bored yet. They kind of all look the same but I spent a long time trying to get these arrows!
BORED? Never; that''s a fantastic stone! And the setting is just perfect for it. Absolutely yummy!

Buffy01

Shiny_Rock
Oh my blingage!!! What a gorgeous ring. May I ask what the specs - measurements on the ring are?? I also love the dating band that will be your wedding band, that is sooo sweet.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Again--- thank you everyone for your nice comments!! Buffy-- did you want measurements on the ring or the stone?? The ring itself is about 2.8 mm wide, the stone is about 7.3, and sits up pretty high, although I might want to bring it down a little.
The stone''s specs are:
1.44 ct I vs2
7.3x7.33x4.5 mm
GIA says excellent cut, pricescope and HCA say not so much
ex polish ex symmetry
faint fluorescence
table 56
depth 61.5
crown angle 35.5
pavilion angle 41.2---- I KNOW I KNOW!!!! Way too steep and deep-- which is why I''ll be sending it to whiteflash as soon as I can make it to the post office. Right now HCA score is (I think) a 4.3. UGH!!!! So Brian the cutter will be looking at it for me to tell me if it would be a good candidate for a recut. If not, I''ll leave it as is, but if he can get it looking awesome all the time, not just in certain places, I''d be thrilled!!

Buffy01

Shiny_Rock
Wow what great width on the band, love it. Not understanding the pavillion part though, no clue on that, what is wrong with 41.2. That ring is goin'' on. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
those are such awesome pictures!! what camera are you using?? i love those silvery arrows. wow
18.gif
of course, it probably helps that you''re wearing one rockin'' stone!! congrats!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, your ring is so beautiful! Have you taken a lot of diamond pics before?... Because your arrows are so clear! Nice job!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys!! I actually have never taken diamond pictures before, I just put in on digital macro mode, held the diamond in front of the window and tried to hold my hands still. The camera is a Canon, but I don''t know specifically what model because it''s my fiance''s and I don''t have it with me right now. It sure takes nice pictures though!
Buffy the 41.2 in itself wouldn''t be so bad, but combined with a 35.5 crown angle, it makes for a very "leaky" diamond, as in having poor light return. Unfortunately I had no idea those were so bad either, but I can totally see now that it''s a problem. In certain lighting, my diamond has a big dark center where the light is not being reflected back to me. I really tried to let it go, but I can be a bit of a perfectionist and it''s really driving me crazy! After seeing Isabelle''s diamond "makeover" by Brian Gavin, I decided it''s definitely worth it to at least send it out there and see what he says. I really just want it to look as beautiful as it does in the pictures all the time!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
your ring is georgous and does look big on your hand. good for you honey, and dont worry, we love to look at the pics keep taking and posting and we will keep looking. not getting bored at all!!!
36.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring and your pictures are wonderful! Congrats!

Have you compared your stone to others that you would consider more ideal? I would hate for you to send it off for recut and then not realize a huge difference in performance. Your stone is very pretty - you can''t get those arrows with a very, very poorly cut stone. It is possible to get very caught up in the numbers and lose sight of what you are trying to achieve.

At any rate, whether it is recut or not, maybe it would give you peace of mind for Brian to look at the stone and give you his professional opinion. At least then you can weigh your options to see if you really want to recut it.

Good luck to you - let us know what you find out!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Can you take some pictures showing it not at its best? I would love to see what a steep-deep looks like, I think it would be very educational. It might not look bad to the rest of us, either.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I can and I will, but not tonight. Have to locate the camera again first. I think it''s in my fiance''s truck, and he won''t be home til pretty late tonight. You will see the difference though, it''s pretty obvious. I figured I''d take some anyway before I send it out-- which will probably be on Monday-- as a "before" shot in the event the recut will work out. The photo shoot I already did was kind of a last attempt to convince myself I have a pretty diamond and I should leave it alone, but all it really did was make me mad that it doesn''t look that awesome all the time!
32.gif
I''ll try to get some ugly ones posted tomorrow, but no promises til the weekend.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Hubba hubba Kelli - that baby looks ginormous on your finger
31.gif
What a beautiful and classic ring! Congratulations!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
LOL Thanks pocahontas!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results