shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW Get-to-Know-You!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Ok...so I know this has been done before in the wonderful world of PS but I didn''t want to reopen an old thread since I think there are constantly new generations of LIWs. This can kind of be like a get-to-know-you quiz. You know, like the ones you got via mass e-mail every week in high school! I''ll try and keep the questions LIW-related and I know the questions have been answered in random threads but it would be neat to have all of the info in one place! Cut and paste the ?s then fill in your answers. Feel free to add questions along the way!

1) How did you find PS?

2) How did you meet your SO?

3) How long have you and your SO been dating?

4) In 10 words or less, describe your dream e-ring.

5) What is your favourite activity to do with your SO?

6) What is your ring finger size?

7) Do you and your SO have a song? If so, what is it?

8) What''s your favourite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)?

9) If you could pick ONE PSer''s ring to be ''inspired by,'' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!)

10) If you combined your name with your SO''s name, what would your ''team name'' be?

35.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll start!

1) How did you find PS? I googled Melissa Sweet Dora (my #2 favourite dress) and PS was one of the first hits!

2) How did you meet your SO? We were on the same intramural baseball team in university (organized by a mutual friend).

3) How long have you and your SO been dating? 4 years, 3 months, 13 days

4) In 10 words or less, describe your dream e-ring. A yummy Leon Mege creation with sidestones galore!!!

5) What is your favourite activity to do with your SO? Hmm...top 3 are rock climbing, cuddling on the couch and watching a movie, and going to the beach

6) What is your ring finger size? 4

7) Do you and your SO have a song? If so, what is it? No song but whenever we''re in the car driving for more than 1 hour we will put on Bob Marley and start swaying to the music....

8) What''s your favourite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)? Pasta shells stuffed with spinach, cottage cheese and tofu. I like it when my BF makes me pancakes and/or french toast! mmmmm

9) If you could pick ONE PSer''s ring to be ''inspired by,'' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!) Just one eh.... I
30.gif
Coati''s James Meyer. That one sticks out the most. Oh, and emeraldlover''s is a very close second.

10) If you combined your name with your SO''s name, what would your ''team name'' be? DAAAAAAAM. Funny story. We ran a relay race and my BF picked the team name (Dam) and when he crossed the finish line I couldn''t see my BF but I heard the announcer say "Daaaaaaam!"

Erin

Ideal_Rock

1) How did you find PS? While in an old relationship, I googled Why Won’t He Marry Me?

2) How did you meet your SO? At work. He was married when I first started PS.

3) How long have you and your SO been dating? In two weeks it’ll be two years.

4) In 10 words or less, describe your dream e-ring. Skinny knife edge band channel set chunky facet oval pear

5) What is your favourite activity to do with your SO? Drink beer at BWW and watch Big 10

6) What is your ring finger size? 5.5

7) Do you and your SO have a song? If so, what is it? No, but we both like old bands like ELO, Traveling Wilburys, Bob Marley and Wings. I guess when a song by them comes on we smile and sing.

8) What''s your favourite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)? Anything with Asparagus. We get a kick out of the whole it makes your pee smell but I can’t smell it but do I produce the smell. We haven’t tested the theory but we both really like the taste of asparagus.

9) If you could pick ONE PSer''s ring to be ''inspired by,'' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!) Surfergirl.

10) If you combined your name with your SO''s name, what would your ''team name'' be? GO TERID!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
1) How did you find PS?
My FF found it 2 years ago when we first starting talking about engagement and he began his search for knowledge about diamonds. No ring yet, but he has TONS of knowledge on diamonds now!

I met him when I transfered schools in HS when I was 16. He was the first person to talk to me and we''ve been together ever since. :)

5.5 years!

anything FF picks out himself.

make dinner together and watch a movie.

5?

Nope.

Chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, and sweet tea! That was the first meal we learned when we started learning to cook at 16 and we''ve just stuck with it. :)

9) If you could pick ONE PSer''s ring to be ''inspired by,'' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!)
I love cushioncutnut''s avator ring! It is my favorite style setting for a ring, but I would want a yellow diamond.

10) If you combined your name with your SO''s name, what would your ''team name'' be?
Is this like a Brangelina thing? hmmm... I don''t think we can have a name. They sound kinda dumb together.
15.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 4:22:31 PM
Author:sammyj
!
1) How did you find PS? I was google-ing about my wedding
2) How did you meet your SO? He picked me up from the airport, and hubba hubba

3) How long have you and your SO been dating? we''re married... but I was a LIW for too long... considering we were rommies like the second we started dating...

4) In 10 words or less, describe your dream e-ring. Big Juicy Pear

5) What is your favourite activity to do with your SO? workout
31.gif

6) What is your ring finger size? 4.25

7) Do you and your SO have a song? If so, what is it? no. not really, we both love bob marley though... and we used to listen to no woman no cry when I was a LIW.

8) What''s your favourite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)? He makes me whatever I want. I''ll make him anything I can throw into a crock pot.
9.gif

9) If you could pick ONE PSer''s ring to be ''inspired by,'' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!) ooo, that is hard. I love kaliegh''s ring... but I am building my anniversary ring... my DH says I''m insatiable, and I''ll give him that.
3.gif

10) If you combined your name with your SO''s name, what would your ''team name'' be? Derin. (pronounced Dare-Inn)..
I did a photo of that once.. very creepy.

35.gif

pear montage.JPG

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Great idea! I was just thinking about something like this the other day as the old thread like this went away a long time ago....

1) How did you find PS?
Google searching for my late obsession with the Novo

It's a long story which I have talked about before on here. I'll try to keep it short....July 1998...we were both just going to turn 17. It was online (by total accident on both ends with NO intentions of finding a 'mate' so it wasn't one of those dating services or anything like that) talking in a chat room about the Super Bowl of the Broncos vs. Packers in '98 (because I live in Denver and was a fan and SO was in Minnesota, his best friend was a huge Packers fan.) The Packers lost that game so he just had to say hello to me while we disucssed how horrible the Packers were lol! Then we got to talking more and more and found out we had so much in common it was madness. We fell in love! Spent the first year apart while in high school we talked daily online, wrote emails, talked on the phone. (We both have printed every email we wrote to each other and I have a book I have them all in) It's like a wonderful love story of the beginning of our relationship. After graduating high school, he moved out here to be with me! I believe in true love and feel it was meant to be. Destiny! It was quite romantic really...
4.gif

Just over 10.5 years (first year LDR)

Tiffany, Round (alone or with tapered baguettes), 1ct+, platinum
31.gif

Nothing at all. It's so much fun! And driving around looking at dream homes....

Kiss from a Rose- Seal. He gave me the CD single and it was the first thing he ever gave me...

8) What's your favourite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)?
I love making him eggs over easy. I know it's not a 'meal' but he lovesssss them! And I adore watching him eat them. He eats all around the yolk and once everything else is gone, he lets the whole yolk in his mouth for the final taste. lol too adorable!

9) If you could pick ONE PSer's ring to be 'inspired by,' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!)
That's a tough one. There are far too many that are gorgeous! But I'm going to say Bia's ring. And while it's stunning and gorgeous, the reason I am inspired by it is isn't because of the ring but because of how long she was with her boyfriend before he proposed and he did such an amazing job by himself choosing that stunner, that it gives me HOPE and faith in my guy that he will do an amazing job as well!
5.gif

10) If you combined your name with your SO's name, what would your 'team name' be?
I have no idea how to put our names together for that lol

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 5:06:33 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Great idea! I was just thinking about something like this the other day as the old thread like this went away a long time ago....

1) How did you find PS?
Google searching for my late obsession with the Novo

It''s a long story which I have talked about before on here. I''ll try to keep it short....July 1998...we were both just going to turn 17. It was online (by total accident on both ends with NO intentions of finding a ''mate'' so it wasn''t one of those dating services or anything like that) talking in a chat room about the Super Bowl of the Broncos vs. Packers in ''98 (because I live in Denver and was a fan and SO was in Minnesota, his best friend was a huge Packers fan.) The Packers lost that game so he just had to say hello to me while we disucssed how horrible the Packers were lol! Then we got to talking more and more and found out we had so much in common it was madness. We fell in love! Spent the first year apart while in high school we talked daily online, wrote emails, talked on the phone. (We both have printed every email we wrote to each other and I have a book I have them all in) It''s like a wonderful love story of the beginning of our relationship. After graduating high school, he moved out here to be with me! I believe in true love and feel it was meant to be. Destiny! It was quite romantic really...
4.gif

Just over 10.5 years (first year LDR)

Tiffany, Round (alone or with tapered baguettes), 1ct+, platinum
31.gif

Nothing at all. It''s so much fun! And driving around looking at dream homes....

Kiss from a Rose- Seal. He gave me the CD single and it was the first thing he ever gave me...

I love making him eggs over easy. I know it''s not a ''meal'' but he lovesssss them! And I adore watching him eat them. He eats all around the yolk and once everything else is gone, he lets the whole yolk in his mouth for the final taste. lol too adorable!

That''s a tough one. There are far too many that are gorgeous! But I''m going to say Bia''s ring. And while it''s stunning and gorgeous, the reason I am inspired by it is isn''t because of the ring but because of how long she was with her boyfriend before he proposed and he did such an amazing job by himself choosing that stunner, that it gives me HOPE and faith in my guy that he will do an amazing job as well!
5.gif

I have no idea how to put our names together for that lol
I''m a packers fan!
9.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 5:09:33 PM
Author: tlh
I''m a packers fan!
9.gif
Too bad for you!
3.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 5:16:29 PM
Author: Dreamgirl

Date: 2/18/2009 5:09:33 PM
Author: tlh
I''m a packers fan!
9.gif
Too bad for you!
3.gif
I''m not a cheese head, but I do have a cheese beer coozie!
9.gif

bluebell

Shiny_Rock
1) How did you find PS?
I did a google search for engagement rings

We "met" through mutual friends, although we have gone to school together since kindergarden.

4.5 years!
30.gif

A 1.4ct round brilliant diamond in a full milgrain bezel setting in white gold.

Relaxing watching tv/ movies or going to new places together.

Nope no song but we both loved New Found Glory when we first met at 16, so thats kind of our band.

Breakfast/Pancakes

There are too many amazing rings to pick from!!!

Our first names combined would be Tand
33.gif

McStew

Rough_Rock
1) How did you find PS?
Googling (sounds like a dirty word!) sites that will let me build my own ring

The short: through friends.
The complicated, save it for another day: He''s an ex-boyfriend''s bff
11.gif

3 years in April

Sparkly

Veg out, Go out, Make out... any of the above are good

7ish? Haven''t had my finger sized since highschool, when I got my class ring.

A couple, actually... Rascal Flatts - Bless the Broken road (he''s into country)
The Spill Canvas - Staplegunned

I''m not much of a cook. Not b/c I can''t, I just don''t really like to. Every now and then
I''ll whip something up, usually chicken, but haven''t made the same thing twice yet.

I honestly couldn''t say... Haven''t been here long enough!

Funny you should ask, since that''s how I came up w/ my user name!
We are Jyler McStew
2.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
1) How did you find PS?

I honestly don''t remember now. I was either whining about "Should we get married?" or looking up rings.

We met at a Halloween party on my 23rd birthday. We were both very drunk, and had some fun, and then never were apart again!

Just hit 3 years.

It''s sitting in the safe deposit box right now.
9.gif

Travel. Even just a weekend away with him is such a good time. We love exploring together.

6 1/4

Nope. I just asked him if we did, because I couldn''t remember. He thought I said "sauna" so he said "Yes, we have 2" and then I said "Really? What are they?" and he thought I said "where are they?" so he said "Right when you walk in the clubhouse and go to the right.." So I cut him off and say "Baby? Do we have a SONG!?" he just smiled. "Oh... song. I couldnt see your mouth moving. I thought you said sauna."
20.gif
2.gif

I don''t cook. I make reservations. He likes to make a lot of things... nothing in particular.

Ohhh... I forget who has it, but I saw it recently and it was a Mark Morrell Petite torchiere. LOVE that ring.

TEAM JILAU!

6.gif

audball

Ideal_Rock
Great Idea Sammyj!

Here''s mine...

1) How did you find PS? I was googling different ring settings and PS came up for MOST of them.

2) How did you meet your SO? We were in the same math class first semester of our freshman year of college. Curiously the ONLY class we''ve ever had together that he transferred into the second week of classes after drop/add week.

3) How long have you and your SO been dating? 3 years, 3 months, 1 week, 4 days....haha

4) In 10 words or less, describe your dream e-ring: Simple, Solitaire, Unique Head, knife-edge thin band, platinum, Leon...

5) What is your favourite activity to do with your SO? Watching our shows on the couch cuddled up, shooting at the range, and lately, flying!

6) What is your ring finger size? 5 1/2-3/4

7) Do you and your SO have a song? If so, what is it? Not really, but many lovey country songs fit the bill and describe us perfectly.

8) What''s your favourite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)? Filet mignon, double baked potatoes with sour cream, cheese, bacon, and chives, fresh rolls, caesar salad and ice cream or cheesecake for dessert. Yums.

9) If you could pick ONE PSer''s ring to be ''inspired by,'' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!) Just one is impossible!! One for each taste... I definitely love Surfgirl''s ring for an antique, Coatimundi''s James Meyer or Elle_Chris for a bezel. My DREAM Leon is in my head only, a variation of one in the catalog which I don''t believe is owned by anyone on PS. I''ll attach a photo. I''d love it for this ring to be made with a plain knife-edged shank of 1.5-2mm with a matching band. Stacking bands to come later.... SWOON!
Linky to Leon: http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=408

10) If you combined your name with your SO''s name, what would your ''team name'' be? Dunno.....once we get married well have the same last name and share the same first initial so probably that??

r1014_002Ww.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
Side view of Leon 1

r1014_017T.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
Side view of Leon 2

r1014_018Twantedwithnopaveandknifeedge.jpg

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock

1) How did you find PS? i was looking up what IRID stood for - i was giving my gma''s ring (my avatar) and i wanted to learn more about it.

2) How did you meet your SO? at work! but he had a girl friend for the longest time, so he was off limits. after about a year or so we finally got together...over 3 bottles of wine

31.gif

3) How long have you and your SO been dating? about 2.5 years now

4) In 10 words or less, describe your dream e-ring. antique with a bit of modern (knife edge with pave)

5) What is your favourite activity to do with your SO? wine tasting, traveling, and hanging out. we love to try new things!

6) What is your ring finger size? 5.25/5.5 depending on how much mexican food i eat

18.gif

7) Do you and your SO have a song? If so, what is it? um... sweetleaf by blacksabbath. ha! we don''t have a song, but i really like the johnny cash cover of "The first time"

8) What''s your favourite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)? E lovvveees tuna noodle caserol. I am known for making deviled eggs, 8 layer dip and now the very famous "Pork Log"

9) If you could pick ONE PSer''s ring to be ''inspired by,'' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!) Tacori''s e-ring and i love the scott kay rope ring. but honestly, i love everyones erings!!!!

10) If you combined your name with your SO''s name, what would your ''team name'' be? is it our real names? well if we went by nick names it would be jduberk.

this was fun!!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Fun thread Sammy! I'm going to post now, and go back and read everyone else's answers - so cute!

1) How did you find PS?

How did I find PS? I think I googled something related to diamonds and I got linked to PS. I know I lurked for a month or so until I registered, and another month or so until I started posting!

We met at the beginning of law school. On the boat cruise actually - he didn't make the best impression then, lol. We reconnected 3 weeks later (we had all the same classes) through mutual friends and hit it off
1.gif

One year and four months. (and five days
3.gif
)

Round brilliant in Leon Mege classic setting, claw prongs
1.gif

We're dorks, but playing Jeopardy against each other (or Wii sports, or bowling, or mini-golf, whatever gets the competitive juices going!)

Stand by Me

8) What's your favourite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)?

Well we're both atrocious cooks, but he likes it when I make him ramen with the eggs cooked perfectly. He's also a big fan of my red velvet cupcakes!

9) If you could pick ONE PSer's ring to be 'inspired by,' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!)

Diamondseeker's! I love her Leon e-ring and her Tiffany channel set band - it's pretty much the exact wedding set I want

10) If you combined your name with your SO's name, what would your 'team name' be?

GO TEAM RYMI!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
[COLOR=0066cc]1) How did you find PS?[/COLOR] Googling for something...I think tourmaline. I didn''t post at all for a while, though.

[COLOR=0066cc]2) How did you meet your SO?[/COLOR] I crashed his 28th birthday party! Lucky for me, he didn''t mind.

[COLOR=0066cc]3) How long have you and your SO been dating?[/COLOR] a little under 2 years

[COLOR=0066cc]4) In 10 words or less, describe your dream e-ring.[/COLOR] Vatche X-prong asscher. Or a twist tie, if he prefers.

[COLOR=0066cc]5) What is your favourite activity to do with your SO?[/COLOR] Going out for wings & beer and watching whatever sport is in season. Or staying in with a nice dinner and watching sports on tv. Starset Princess, I totally love that you''re a Big 10 fan.

[COLOR=0066cc]6) What is your ring finger size?[/COLOR] I''m a bad PS''er -- I don''t know! I think 5.5 or 6.

[COLOR=0066cc]7) Do you and your SO have a song? If so, what is it?[/COLOR] Yep, it''s Africa by Toto. I''m trying to use this as leverage to take a trip to the 2010 World Cup (in SA), but so far no dice.

[COLOR=0066cc]8) What''s your favourite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)?[/COLOR] His favorite dinner ever is chicken kiev, but I can''t say that it''s my fav to make
3.gif
I do it on special occasions, but I''d prefer to make him a nice steak or a pork tenderloin.

[COLOR=0066cc]9) If you could pick ONE PSer''s ring to be ''inspired by,'' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!)[/COLOR] I think lindaAZ''s asscher in a Vatche X-prong setting ( King Royal Asscher

[COLOR=0066cc]10) If you combined your name with your SO''s name, what would your ''team name'' be?[/COLOR] Branifer. Which sounds like it''s already been a celeb couple name before (did people call the Brad Pitt/Jennifer Aniston pairing ''Branifer'' or was that not done then?)

happygolucky851

Shiny_Rock
1) How did you find PS?
I googled engagement rings and a bunch of PS threads came up.

I had a class my freshman year in college with one of his friends. I had a crush on the friend until I met my BF then the other guy was waaay out of the picture!

2 years and 10 months TODAY!! yay!

Solitaire EC 2mm band with double claw prongs!!

I cant narrow it down to just one... so ill name a few... Fishing, cooking, and people watching... weird i know!

I Cross My Heart- George Strait

He loves spaghetti but we both love cooking briskets on the grill and homemade bbq sauce.

I cant pick just one, its a blend of two AMAZING rings!!! Too bad I cant have their carat weight!!! a mix between Dani''s double claw prong and shminbabe''s simple solitaire. <--- absolute love!!!

Team Hardhead.... our names wont make anything that makes sense... sooo since we are both German and everyone teases us for being sooo hardheaded so thats the only thing i can come up with right now! lame...

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
1) How did you find PS? By way of Google, while researching Ritani.

2) How did you meet your SO? High school marching band, 10 years ago :)

3) How long have you and your SO been dating? Three years.

4) In 10 words or less, describe your dream e-ring. Halo round brilliant.
30.gif

5) What is your favourite activity to do with your SO? Napa Valley, hands down. We go once a month.

6) What is your ring finger size? 5.75

7) Do you and your SO have a song? If so, what is it? "What a Beautiful Day" by Chris Cagle.

8) What''s your favourite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)? Lumpia

9) If you could pick ONE PSer''s ring to be ''inspired by,'' who would it be? 2Danes! She has the James Allen/Danhov ME29.

10) If you combined your name with your SO''s name, what would your ''team name'' be? Brience?

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Everyone here has been dating their FFs for a long time! I''ve really enjoyed reading all your answers!

1) How did you find PS? Finding ideas for my previous engagement ring.

2) How did you meet your SO? On the street. Seriously! We walked by each other on our ways to work for about 8 months and then he finally asked me out.

3) How long have you and your SO been dating? 7.5 months.

4) In 10 words or less, describe your dream e-ring. Cushion cut, halo, micropave band, 2ct+.

5) What is your favourite activity to do with your SO? Walking around the city.

6) What is your ring finger size? 5 or 5.5

7) Do you and your SO have a song? Nope. He listens to oldies and I love Top 40 songs! Ironic because I''m 7 years older than him
27.gif

8) What''s your favourite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)? I don''t cook and survive on M&Ms and Cheetos.... so we eat out alot.

9) If you could pick ONE PSer''s ring to be ''inspired by,'' who would it be? I don''t know her name but she recently posted her cushion halo and I LOOOOOVE it!

10) If you combined your name with your SO''s name, what would your ''team name'' be? Team HH.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
1) How did you find PS? I googled something about Tiffany engagement rings (don''t quite remember what!)

2) How did you meet your SO? We were both in Amnesty International in undergrad.

3) How long have you and your SO been dating? over 6.5 years

4) In 10 words or less, describe your dream e-ring. 2ct Tiffany 6-prong setting (SO already got it!)

5) What is your favourite activity to do with your SO? Sit on the couch with the dogs and watch a movie

6) What is your ring finger size? 2.5
6.gif

7) Do you and your SO have a song? If so, what is it? I don''t think so...

8) What''s your favourite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)? I like to make him baked ziti because for some reason he loves when I make it.

9) If you could pick ONE PSer''s ring to be ''inspired by,'' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!) Any of the Leon Mege micropave rings on here. I want to have one made for myself as a PhD graduation present in 2 years. I am inspired to start saving up every time I see one on here because it is something I want to design and pay for myself to celebrate my accomplishment.

10) If you combined your name with your SO''s name, what would your ''team name'' be? Sheliot
3.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
1) How did you find PS? Searching for diamond solitaire ring pictures.

2) How did you meet your SO? He was my boss when I worked in radio sales.

3) How long have you and your SO been dating? 2 years and 4 months

4) In 10 words or less, describe your dream e-ring. Classic Tiffany Style Solitaire. Platinum. 2 carats.

5) What is your favourite activity to do with your SO? Play Frisbee or travel.

6) What is your ring finger size? 4.5

7) Do you and your SO have a song? If so, what is it? "Is This Love" by Bob Marley

8) What''s your favourite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)? filet mignon

9) If you could pick ONE PSer''s ring to be ''inspired by,'' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!) jcrow

10) If you combined your name with your SO''s name, what would your ''team name'' be? "Elizaseth" or "Sethabeth"

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock

1) How did you find PS? Probably Googling engagements

2) How did you meet your SO? Online on a random website!

3) How long have you and your SO been dating? Over 4 years now

4) In 10 words or less, describe your dream e-ring. 1 carat RB, white gold, thin micropave band... changes all the time! Those aren''t my realistic expectations though.

27.gif

5) What is your favourite activity to do with your SO? We love to cook together. And believe it or not, he likes to go shopping with me.

6) What is your ring finger size? 6.5

6.gif
Everyone compliments my long thin fingers but they''re the fattest ones on this site!!
29.gif

7) Do you and your SO have a song? Nothing Else Matters by Metallica. Though I found out all my friends seem to have that as "their song" so it doesn''t feel that unique anymore.

8) What''s your favourite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)? We like to make: grilled salmon, bruschette with tomatoes, and risotto....Mmmmm.

9) If you could pick ONE PSer''s ring to be ''inspired by,'' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!) Kittybean''s EC caught my eye.

30.gif

10) If you combined your name with your SO''s name, what would your ''team name'' be? It would be jibberish!

HappyCat

Rough_Rock
Fun thread!

1) How did you find PS?
Googling ''proposal stories''

We met in undergrad...he was a friend of a friend of my roommate.

7 years in April!

Simple solitaire, or sapphire/diamond three-stone trellis.

Cuddling first thing in the morning after waking up. Best part of the day.

No, but he says he thinks of me when he hears "Beyond the Sea," and for some reason I think of him when I hear "100 Years to Live."

I make stuffed peppers for him, he makes pancakes for me.

I love love love Pandora II''s tsavorite ring. It makes me really want some color in my e-ring!

Hehehe, go team Maresa!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

1) How did you find PS? A search engine, was looking for prices on diamonds and it popped up, I took a look and I was hooked.

2) How did you meet your SO? Hah, he actually stalked me on Myspace for over a year, but we both had a mutual friend who thought we would be good together, so I agreed to meet him and he turned out rather nice, the rest is history.

3) How long have you and your SO been dating? 2 years on April 20

4) In 10 words or less, describe your dream e-ring. Halo cushion, very delicate, with at least a 1.25 CT cushion.

5) What is your favourite activity to do with your SO? watch really bad reality TV shows, and play Warhammer 40k (nerds I know)

6) What is your ring finger size? 5

7) Do you and your SO have a song? If so, what is it? YES, Africa by Toto.... hahaha

8) What''s your favourite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)? he loves to make chicken parmesan, and I love to make spicy spaghetti from scratch, we BOTH make a delicious butternutsquash risotto, takes both of us for prep and everything, it''s so YUMMY.

9) If you could pick ONE PSer''s ring to be ''inspired by,'' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!) OMG I forgot her user name but she has a stunning harry winston halo, with a drop dead cushion.... I loooove it.

10) If you combined your name with your SO''s name, what would your ''team name'' be? Krichael! rofl go team go!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
1) How did you find PS? I was googling Tiffany Legacy Rings and believe it or not the PS user who had a replica made from Texas jeweler came up - even though a couple users have the real deal! Of course, in true LIW fashion I''m not too into the Legacy anymore
3.gif

2) How did you meet your SO? My best girlfriend and I were looking for something to do one night. There were local fireworks for the independence weekend about 40 minutes from us and one of our mutual friend and some of his guy friends from high school were planning on making a night of it. I was dating a guy at the time and last minute decided NOT to invite him just because I wanted to have a stress free relaxing night. SO was home on a fluke because he was taking summer classes in VA (we''re from NJ) and hadn''t planned on coming home for the weekend. We met and he got a little tipsy and asked me to dance to billy joel in the parking lot! We did and he held my hand for the rest of the night
2.gif
Total stroke of luck on so many levels!

3) How long have you and your SO been dating? 2 years 7 months and 8 days

4) In 10 words or less, describe your dream e-ring. Hmm.. antique inspired, delicate, sparkly - Ideal Cut! (crosses fingers)

5) What is your favorite activity to do with your SO? There are a lot - I suppose my most favorite is to lay in his arms and watch a good movie after a long day.

6) What is your ring finger size? 5.5

7) Do you and your SO have a song? If so, what is it? No but he tends to get pop songs stuck in his head. He goes around singing a line or two from the same song for about a month in a high voice. It ALWAYS gets stuck in my head. I have 2.5 years of the most annoying pop songs that remind me of SO and I love it.

8) What''s your favorite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)? Scrabbled eggs with potato bread toast (nice and buttered) and juicy bacon (We love breakfast!)

9) If you could pick ONE PSer''s ring to be ''inspired by,'' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!) Hmm - I think Musey''s is my favorite. I love the ring detailing and its just so appealing to the eye! What a ring
2.gif

10) If you combined your name with your SO''s name, what would your ''team name'' be? Trarine - sounds like a tool or utensil.. GO USE THE TRARINE!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
1) How did you find PS?

Googled the tiffany lucida!

I was off to a party in the city with a friend, and she had to pee, so we stopped at her friend''s (my SOs) place so she could use the bathroom. Romantic
30.gif
9.gif

4 and something years

Emerald cut solitaire, platinum, as big as possible
30.gif

Scuba diving, ice skating, chilling on the couch

I think its 5 1/2 to 6...something tells me ive put on some finger weight so id like it to be 5.5
38.gif

Blue Eyes by Cary Brothers

I wish it was Africa - SO and i travelled round there last year and sang it all the time
36.gif
9.gif

Beef Braised in Red Wine, or Pea, pancetta and Mint Risotto. And i LOVE his chilli con carne enchiladas!!

Mmmm well i love Jadeleaves big ol emerald cut solitaire, and i also adore UCLAbelles emerald cut with trilliant sides
30.gif

The Roaring Cats?! Man thats lame
25.gif

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
1) How did you find PS?
I googled Tiffany e-ring review and the website kept on popping up every time I searched. So I finally decided to check it out and wow not just Tiffany rings that I see but lots and lots of different Beautiful e-ring.
30.gif

At the old job we had.

7 years
1.gif

Tiffany

5) What is your favorite activity to do with your SO?
We hike sometimes which I like to do when I''m not lazy
2.gif

4.5 or 5

nope

8) What''s your favorite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)?
we love to eat at a shabu shabu restaurant, its where you get to cook slices of beef its a hot pot.

bee* its the Tiffany Novo

It don''t sound right lol! I kept on saying it over and over and I end up laughing so I just wont type it sorry.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock

1) How did you find PS? I'm not sure - I think I was googling the difference between platinum and white gold

2) How did you meet your SO? In my home state on the East Coast (I miss that area)

3) How long have you and your SO been dating? Just over 3 years

4) In 10 words or less, describe your dream e-ring. Platinum with pave diamonds and a center stone that is princess or cushion

5) What is your favourite activity to do with your SO? Watch movies, hiking, dinner out

6) What is your ring finger size? 5/5.25

7) Do you and your SO have a song? No, but I'm leaning toward Nina Simone's "Feeling Good". I know he likes that song.

8) What's your favourite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)? Lasagna, fried fish

9) If you could pick ONE PSer's ring to be 'inspired by,' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!) If I had to pick quickly, mscusion's would be one of my top picks. After seeing an influx of halos, I love how delicate her ring/diamond looks.

10) If you combined your name with your SO's name, what would your 'team name' be? iThis is a hard one because I take the two names we go by, both of our names begin with the same two letters. And when we're married we'll have the same initials.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results