shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW Get-to-Know-You!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
1) How did you find PS?
Googling something about diamonds a long time ago (2005) while in a previous relationship. I came back for info in 07 but didn't join, and than joined last year when I was looking for a sapphire.

2) How did you meet your SO?
Online. Me and a friend joined a site together right after she had broken up with her BF. He was the first guy I went out with a week after we joined, and we and talked until the restaurant almost closed. I told him to call me sometime and he asked me on our second date on the spot.

3) How long have you and your SO been dating?
We will be 2 years in April.

4) In 10 words or less, describe your dream e-ring.
1 ct round H&A - 4 prong platinum bead set by Leon

5) What is your favourite activity to do with your SO?
ice skate :)

6) What is your ring finger size?
size 6

7) Do you and your SO have a song? If so, what is it?
no, we have the same taste in music, but have never had "our song"

8) What's your favourite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)?
His favorite meal is a pizza I make with integrants from Trader Joes. I use a flat bread for the crust, put on tomato sauce, prescutto, and an Italian cheese mix.

9) If you could pick ONE PSer's ring to be 'inspired by,' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!)
I don't know if I could pick just one. I have been inspired by people who took their time to find that perfect ring. I think one of my favorites has been Boston Jeff's cushion. It is a 2 ct old mine brilliant cushion set in a Leon solitaire setting. I appreciated how much work went into that ring, and that is one of my favorite diamonds on this forum.

10) If you combined your name with your SO's name, what would your 'team name' be?
Hmm....we would have to come up with another team name that did not involve combining ours.

babygirl

Shiny_Rock
What a cute idea, Sammyj!

(I tried to get my answers a different color than the questions but alas- no dice!)

1) How did you find PS? I think I googled "engagement rings" or something sparkly like that:)

2) How did you meet your SO? Through a friend.. he went to HS with a college gf of mine.

3) How long have you and your SO been dating? A little over 2 years

4) In 10 words or less, describe your dream e-ring. Round center, 2 smallish sidestones, bead-set band, milgrain.

5) What is your favourite activity to do with your SO? Cook elaborate meals, explore new places, go golfing, take beach trips, wine tasting, go on picnics. (Hahaha, seriously- it''s like I''m a 65 yo woman!)

6) What is your ring finger size? 7-eek!!

7) Do you and your SO have a song? If so, what is it? We don''t really have a song. I don''t think we''re sentimental enough!

8) What''s your favourite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)? Well, I absolutely LOVE to cook, and every week I try to cook something we''ve never had before, so basically as long as he''ll eat it, I like to cook it. He''d probably say that he likes filet mignon, twice baked potatoes, or my BBQ sauce best though. I LOVE anything he cooks for me- guys in the kitchen are the absolute cutest!!

9) If you could pick ONE PSer''s ring to be ''inspired by,'' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!) I really like daisi2112''s ring. It''s really classic but elegant- round stone, bead-set (pave?) band with a milgrain edge.

10) If you combined your name with your SO''s name, what would your ''team name'' be? Carom. Not quite as Katchy as TomKat :)

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 4:22:31 PM
Author:sammyj
Ok...so I know this has been done before in the wonderful world of PS but I didn''t want to reopen an old thread since I think there are constantly new generations of LIWs. This can kind of be like a get-to-know-you quiz. You know, like the ones you got via mass e-mail every week in high school! I''ll try and keep the questions LIW-related and I know the questions have been answered in random threads but it would be neat to have all of the info in one place! Cut and paste the ?s then fill in your answers. Feel free to add questions along the way!

1) How did you find PS?

8) What''s your favourite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)?

9) If you could pick ONE PSer''s ring to be ''inspired by,'' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!)

10) If you combined your name with your SO''s name, what would your ''team name'' be?

35.gif
1) I found PS through googling engagmnet rings to try and figgure out what the earth I wanted and what to look for.

2) I met my SO in an online game, weird as that is....

3) been together 3 1/2 years

4) White gold, peachy pear with white oval sides. *swoon*

5) I like doing anything with him, having spent so much time apart, even being able to walk around holding hands is such a blessing.

6) Q so around an 8 i think?

7) Absence makes the heart grow fonder, by Opshop. The lyrics are very us.

8) I make the best soft boiled eggs for breakfast, It''s bfs favourate food. I love it when he makes me breakfast in the morning, it dosn''t matter what it is.

9) There are afew of them but I''m lovin the tiffany jazz lookalibe wedding band

10) Jennial?

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Cute thread idea, sammyj! I love this kind of stuff.
36.gif

1) How did you find PS? I was looking up ideal cut diamond numbers (crown & pav angles and such), found one of the amazing Lorelei''s posts about it, and started reading up like mad to learn as much as possible. I signed up to ask some questions and put myself on the list here, and the rest is history.
1.gif

2) How did you meet your SO? We talked online, learned heaps about each other, and felt like we''d always known each other when we met in person (which took a little time since he lived in England and I lived in the US!)

3) How long have you and your SO been dating? 4 years and change

4) In 10 words or less, describe your dream e-ring. Torchiere with a knockout diamond--it''ll be a forever ring.
30.gif

5) What is your favourite activity to do with your SO? Lazy days at home are lovely, but we also enjoy getting out into the English countryside and visiting castle and abbey ruins and other historical sites. Without a car, it''s difficult to do, but we hope to have one again soon. Also, Windsor Castle isn''t hard to get to by train, so I hope we can do that for my birthday next month (and maybe go on a romantic horse-drawn carriage ride too!).

6) What is your ring finger size? 9. Giant fingers, le sigh.
7.gif

7) Do you and your SO have a song? If so, what is it? Not really. I kind of think of "It Must Be Love" by Madness as our song because J loves it, introduced it to me, and it got stuck in my head for weeks once I realized I was in love with him, but he doesn''t really get sentimental with music like I do. I jokingly just asked him if we had a song and he said, "Yeah, the Imperial March." Goober.
3.gif

8) What''s your favourite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)? He really like my chicken korma, and the yummy shrimp scampi I just made on Monday for the first time, but his favourite is probably when we order in Chinese take-away or pick up KFC or something.
9.gif

9) If you could pick ONE PSer''s ring to be ''inspired by,'' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!) Hard to say, because there are so many, but I think wishful''s MWM Torchiere is probably my fave since it''s basically exactly what I would loooooooove to have.
30.gif

10) If you combined your name with your SO''s name, what would your ''team name'' be? Either Krimes (meh) or Jamtin (haha!)--WATCH OUT FOR TEAM JAMTIN!!!!
27.gif

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
1) How did you find PS? Google.

2) How did you meet your SO? His last day and my first day at work.

3) How long have you and your SO been dating? 5 years.

4) In 10 words or less, describe your dream e-ring. Simple. Understated. Knockout Antique Stone. Gorgeousness.

31.gif
oh and anything involved with travel, scouting for new pubs & breweries, and snuggling.

6) What is your ring finger size? 6.75 - 7

7) Do you and your SO have a song? If so, what is it? Nope.

8) What's your favourite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)? There really are too many to list. We LOVE to cook!

9) If you could pick ONE PSer's ring to be 'inspired by,' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!) Really, too many different ones.

10) If you combined your name with your SO's name, what would your 'team name' be? Ked.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 6:28:31 AM
Author: gwendolyn

7) Do you and your SO have a song? If so, what is it? Not really. I kind of think of 'It Must Be Love' by Madness as our song because J loves it, introduced it to me, and it got stuck in my head for weeks once I realized I was in love with him, but he doesn't really get sentimental with music like I do. I jokingly just asked him if we had a song and he said, 'Yeah, the Imperial March.' Goober.
3.gif

tee hee too funny!!
I am sure E would say something of the likes, or something from lord of the rings
20.gif
(okay, not that they're bad movies, he just knows i dont like them
5.gif
)

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
1) I found PS about 5 months ago, when I was helping my brother find his now-fiancee''s/then girlfriend''s engagement ring (she ended up with an ideal round brilliant in a tiffany style setting--very classic and pretty!)

2) My bf and I were introduced by a mutual friend, who thought we would like each other. After asking me, she gave him my e-mail address.

3) We e-mailed for a couple weeks, met each other a few times, and then started dating. We''ve been together around 7 months.

4) 3/4 bezel band with alternating sapphires and diamonds. (made in 9 words...woo close!)

5) My bf and I love going to concerts, or watching concert DVDs together.

6) 6 1/2. I wish I had skinny little fingers like so many of you!

7) Our song is Waste by Phish.

8) My boyfriend LOVES my enchiladas. I make them for him once a week, that''s why he keeps me around.

9) Dani''s little bezel set band...it''s so gorgeous!

10) Go Danimal-Alliegator!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 9:16:32 AM
Author: AllieGator

8) My boyfriend LOVES my enchiladas. I make them for him once a week, that''s why he keeps me around.
I make a wicked enchilada. I only made it once when we were dating. He was like, man you NEVER cook, but you''re sooo good at it! He wanted to know why I never make it more often... (now that we''re married I''ve made it like twice...) I''ve found, I am far more comfortable with my man doing all the cooking.
31.gif

I think you need to make him beg for it Allie!
9.gif

mcseeinred

Rough_Rock
1) How did you find PS? looking for diamond ring eye-candy

2) How did you meet your SO? we''re in the same graduate degree program

3) How long have you and your SO been dating? 1 year and almost 2 months

4) In 10 words or less, describe your dream e-ring. thin band asscher solitaire diamond prongs/basket

5) What is your favourite activity to do with your SO? we are both diehard State fans so i really enjoy going to games with him

6) What is your ring finger size? 5ish

7) Do you and your SO have a song? If so, what is it? sugarpie honeybunch believe it or not; he swears it''s sugarpie honeybun though

8) What''s your favourite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)? he loves my meatball subs!

9) If you could pick ONE PSer''s ring to be ''inspired by,'' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!) i love acebruin''s wife''s ring with all the pretty pink diamonds

10) If you combined your name with your SO''s name, what would your ''team name'' be? McTrash
12.gif

IrishEyes08

Rough_Rock
Fun!

1) How did you find PS? BF and I were searching the internet, learning about diamonds and stumbled upon PS.

2) How did you meet your SO? Match.com, turns out after we met we have several mutual friends!

3) How long have you and your SO been dating? 1 yr, 8 months

4) In 10 words or less, describe your dream e-ring. Oval solitaire. Pave wedding band.

5) What is your favourite activity to do with your SO? Our random "Days-O-Fun" which is just us, being silly and doing whatever comes to mind that day.

6) What is your ring finger size? 6.25

7) Do you and your SO have a song? If so, what is it? A few, John Legend''s Slow Dance, Jason Mraz''s Lucky

8) What''s your favourite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)? He makes a mean octupus salad

9) If you could pick ONE PSer''s ring to be ''inspired by,'' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!) I think her name is Kaleigh

10) If you combined your name with your SO''s name, what would your ''team name'' be? Telly, oye!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 5:06:33 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
9) If you could pick ONE PSer''s ring to be ''inspired by,'' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!)
That''s a tough one. There are far too many that are gorgeous! But I''m going to say Bia''s ring. And while it''s stunning and gorgeous, the reason I am inspired by it is isn''t because of the ring but because of how long she was with her boyfriend before he proposed and he did such an amazing job by himself choosing that stunner, that it gives me HOPE and faith in my guy that he will do an amazing job as well!
5.gif
Thanks mama.
blusher.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Fun!

1) How did you find PS? I googled Tiffany Novo and it brought me to someone''s engagement story who had recently gotten one [:D] After reading the thread, I was hooked.

2) How did you meet your SO? My sister meet him at her husbands company Christmas party. They were work buddies. A while later, they sat next to each other at a mutual friends bday party. She says she felt a connection just like her and I have (we''re very close) She said it was like talking to me the whole night...her words are "He was channeling you"! At the time I was living in Miami, but planned on moving back home. A few months later, Linda (my sis) introduced us and the rest is history! I knew right away he was the one for me (just like she knew). To this day, she jokes with K saying that he is eternally indebted to her. HA!

3) How long have you and your SO been dating? 3 years in May.

4) In 10 words or less, describe your dream e-ring. A pillowy cushion cut with pave and double prongs (grrr...that was hard. I want to add more detail!)

5) What is your favourite activity to do with your SO? Cuddling on the couch and watching our favorite shows, going to the beach (and him giving me surfing lessons) and playing card games.

6) What is your ring finger size? Just shy of a 7 (I have big hands...but K loves them :)

7) Do you and your SO have a song? If so, what is it? We have a few but I can''t think of any titles! I can sing them all though
2.gif

8) What''s your favourite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)? I love to cook so I''ve tried ALL his favorite dishes. I made his mom''s apple pie, his grandma''s country sausage with gravy, and on Valentine''s I woke him up in bed with his favie breakfast: egg''s benedict! He''s also a great cook...in fact our first date he made me parmesan encrusted tilapia with little rose tomatoes! too cute!

9) If you could pick ONE PSer''s ring to be ''inspired by,'' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!) So many to chose from! I love MaggieB''s cushion - I might end up with something similar. And I am secretly in love Musey''s asscher...my favorite thing about it is the engagement ring with the band. It makes me dream of getting an asscher (shhh...don''t tell the cushions)

10) If you combined your name with your SO''s name, what would your ''team name'' be? Haha - we play alot of card and board games so we have a few names. Kohlinator for one (his name is Kohl) and KC and the Sunshine Band (because his name starts with a K, and mine is Crystal...so K+C) lol we''re lame
3.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
1) How did you find PS? Googling 'Tiffany solitaires.'

In Miami while he was on vacation...at an outdoor restaurant/lounge

Almost 7 years

sparkle city = 4-prong platinum solitaire w/ an exquisitely cut RB (and happy to say that's what the FI got me
9.gif
)

Our hikes w/ the pupster, and game nights (Playstation 3 or just board games)...BUT I might have to ditto tlh's 'workouts'
27.gif

7) Do you and your SO have a song?
If so, what is it?'Luna' by Smashing Pumpkins and 'Little Wing' by Jimi Hendrix

Rice & beans, fish, tostones and avocado...his faves

9) If you could pick ONE PSer's ring to be 'inspired by,' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!)
Harriet's Leon
30.gif
(classic 4-prong platinum beauty), hope to get my diamond set in something similar. BUT really, there are so many...Wishful's classic MM solitaire is gorg too.

10) If you combined your name with your SO's name, what would your 'team name' be?
Team B&W

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 12:10:30 PM
Author: Bia

Date: 2/18/2009 5:06:33 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
That''s a tough one. There are far too many that are gorgeous! But I''m going to say Bia''s ring. And while it''s stunning and gorgeous, the reason I am inspired by it is isn''t because of the ring but because of how long she was with her boyfriend before he proposed and he did such an amazing job by himself choosing that stunner, that it gives me HOPE and faith in my guy that he will do an amazing job as well!
5.gif
Thanks mama.
blusher.gif
Well, it''s true!
2.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 1:02:56 PM
9) If you could pick ONE PSer's ring to be 'inspired by,' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!) Harriet's Leon
30.gif
(classic 4-prong platinum beauty), hope to get my diamond set in something similar. BUT really, there are so many...Wishful's classic MM solitaire is gorg too.
You have excellent taste in rings, darlin'--Harriet's ring is right up there with Wishful's MWM Torchiere for me (so much so that the two were tied for ages and I was so confused about what to get when my time came!
32.gif
). Anyway, nice choices.
10.gif
2.gif
9.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 1:10:25 PM

9) If you could pick ONE PSer''s ring to be ''inspired by,'' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!) Harriet''s Leon
30.gif
(classic 4-prong platinum beauty), hope to get my diamond set in something similar. BUT really, there are so many...Wishful''s classic MM solitaire is gorg too.

You have excellent taste in rings, darlin''--Harriet''s ring is right up there with Wishful''s MWM Torchiere for me (so much so that the two were tied for ages and I was so confused about what to get when my time came!
32.gif
). Anyway, nice choices.
10.gif
2.gif
9.gif

Thank you Gwen! It was Wishful''s ring. I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
that ring.

Sorry, I mentioned her ring in my post, and I couldn''t think of whose it was. Whew.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 1:22:05 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Date: 2/19/2009 1:10:25 PM

9) If you could pick ONE PSer''s ring to be ''inspired by,'' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!) Harriet''s Leon
30.gif
(classic 4-prong platinum beauty), hope to get my diamond set in something similar. BUT really, there are so many...Wishful''s classic MM solitaire is gorg too.

You have excellent taste in rings, darlin''--Harriet''s ring is right up there with Wishful''s MWM Torchiere for me (so much so that the two were tied for ages and I was so confused about what to get when my time came!
32.gif
). Anyway, nice choices.
10.gif
2.gif
9.gif

Thank you Gwen! It was Wishful''s ring. I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
that ring.

Sorry, I mentioned her ring in my post, and I couldn''t think of whose it was. Whew.
Oh, don''t know how but I totally missed that you mentioned her ring too! (Went back and sure enough, I should''ve guessed you meant wishful''s ring!) Woohoo, fabbo taste on your part too, babe!
9.gif
36.gif

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
1) How did you find PS?
I know a fellow poster IRL and she mentioned the board to me.

Eharmony. I had been on there on and off for nearly two years. I was the first person he started talking to after signing up. As a result, he thinks eharmony works perfectly, and I had to kiss a lot of frogs first.

7 months

Delicate band, milgrain, round brilliant or cushion

Either watching DVRed TV (we are both TV junkies) with plenty of pausing for totally off topic discussions or playing bar trivia.

6 – I’m jealous of all you ladies with little delicate fingers!

We have two – Daydreamer by Adele and Lucky by Jason Mraz.

Hmmmmm he claims to love whatever I cook but I think his favorite is penne with vodka cream sauce.

I originally thought I wanted an asscher, and I think musey’s is lovely.

10) If you combined your name with your SO''s name, what would your ''team name'' be?
Stich? We sometimes call ourselves “team myLN-hisLN” as well.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, ladies
blusher.gif
I did a routine username search and this thread popped up. SailorsSweet<3, idreamofcushions and stephbolt, thank you for the lovely compliments on my ring
1.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
1) How did you find PS?

I was searching for setting ideas and googled "Shane Co." (gasp!). Up came something like "Shane Company-BAD". It was a thread on PS, and naturally I was curious why the company could be so terrible...clicked the link and the rest is history.

We met at a Christmas cocktail party. He works with the then boyfriend (now husband) of an old college roommate of mine.

Officially, 2-1/2 years, although we did the get-to-know-you phase via phone for 6 months before I moved back into the area and we don''t count that as part of the official dating time.

Classic, antique, halo, round...anything sparkly and fiery!

Besides the obvious
31.gif
...anything outdoors. We bike, hike, cross-country ski, snowshoe, etc. We also love checking out new places for weekend getaways.

I think it''s 5.5, but haven''t had it professionally sized. My very loose RHR is a 6 I think.

We don''t really, but the closest thing to it might be Lost in this Moment by Big and Rich.

Hmm...that''s tough because he pretty much loves everything I set in front of him (his mom is NOT a good cook). Our favorite thing to make together is a fish taco recipe I got out of my Rachael Ray magazine last summer...the best fish tacos I''ve ever had!

Okay, it is SO hard to choose just 1 PSer''s ring! At the moment (but it changes frequently), I''d have to say MrsG''s 6-prong with pave band...but I also LOVE the classic 6-prong solitaire and Vatche''s legacy type (Angeleyez''s Princess Grace).

Mirk LOL!

Fleur_de_Lis

Shiny_Rock
1) How did you find PS?
-I honestly don''t recall. I''m sure it was through some Google search.

-We met in NYC after a Rangers game.

-That''s a rather long story.

-The one I wear everyday
21.gif

-Curl up on the couch, in his arms, and just veg out. Or, a close second, traveling.

-Between 2.50 and 3. Yikes!

-Yes, It''s Impossible by Perry Como.

-I''m a really bad cook so I don''t do it. However, he is the best when it comes to grilling to either grilled chicken or fillet mignon. Yummy!! I don''t really eat red meat but I make an exception for his steaks.

-I haven''t seen too many of them but I do adore bebe''s ring. It''s gorgeous!!

-Jenric

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
1) How did you find PS?
A girl on another LIW-ish board I post on mentioned it..

Online, on ICQ. He noticed in my profile that I was at the same college his father taught/still teaches at, in the same field, so he messaged me, and asked if I knew him.

8 years, 3 weeks, and 1 day.
3.gif

James Allen 11029w, minus split shank.

Outings with our DD, movies, watching cheesy reality TV at home, making out, etc., etc...

About a 6.5.

''Angel Eyes'' - Jeff Healey Band

I rarely cook for him these days (shame, shame, I know). He''s a chef, and loves doing it for DD, and I, so I don''t object, lol.

No one''s in particular.. I think all of them are gorgeous!

Bryannon? Shyan?

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 5:34:28 PM
Author: musey
Awww, ladies
blusher.gif
I did a routine username search and this thread popped up. SailorsSweet<3, idreamofcushions and stephbolt, thank you for the lovely compliments on my ring
1.gif

Well it really is gorgeous, Musey! Can I ask where you found your setting? I''m going ring shopping soon (less than 2 weeks!) and I''d love to find something similar...

Oops, this is such a thread jack. Sorry! Hmmm...maybe I''ll search through some old threads.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
These are so much fun to read through! Keep ''em coming ladies!!! What do you think? Should we make this a sticky??
9.gif

(how do I do that...just message admin?)

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
I think you should make it sticky! Yea- just message the admins.

Fleur_de_Lis

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 6:28:31 AM
.... but we also enjoy getting out into the English countryside and visiting castle and abbey ruins and other historical sites.

Sorry to threadjack but your post brought back such great memories. When I lived in London, this past summer, I absolutely adored driving to the English countryside. I have to say that Canterbury was my all-time favourite destinations. I especially enjoyed visiting Canterbury Cathedral, that place is simply stunning!!

Okay, end threadjack
1.gif

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock
Great idea, sammyj!

1) How did you find PS?

Hm.. I stumbled across it somehow, googling engagement rings.

He moved into res down the hall from me during Reading Week of first year.

2 years ish... Officially, 1 year + almost 11 months. Unofficially, 2 years + 3 months ish.

Whatever the love of my life has chosen for me :)

Anything as long as we're together. But most favourite is our 'I love you game' where we go back and forth and give each other reasons why we love each other :)

7.25!

We have lots, but if we had to choose just one: Truly, Madly, Deeply - a mix of Savage Garden and Cascada that I made a while back. However, Yes! - Chad Brock and She's Everything - Brad Paisley are close.. he sings me them <3

We typically just cook together; we have only cooked separately for each other a handful of times. Our favourite meal to make together though is this fabulous veal parmigana!

9) If you could pick ONE PSer's ring to be 'inspired by,' who would it be?

If I had to pick just one - it'd be a recently engaged PSer: Jewels305! Her ring was gorgeous :)

Natvin?!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
1) How did you find PS?
YEARS ago (like 8 or 9) was researching diamonds, and came across PS.

Through my now ex-husband and a mutual friend...we were all HS/teenage friends!

Officially? Since July of last year.

No point in dreaming when the reality is different.

Lump around and watch movies. We both work hard during the week, so on weekends when we get together we like to relax. We also love going into the city and walking around.

Depends on the weather, but size 6.5 on general

ROTF..."Proud Mary!" It''s a joke with us.

Steak...he''s a fussy eater.

Oh, that''s a tough one. There are soooo many gorgeous rings here!

Never thought about it.

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock

1) How did you find PS? Really weird actually, I googled "how to get rid of a bruise" because I was going on vacation and had a MASSIVE no-so-bikini-friendly bruise on my thigh. a thread on PS came up as someone on LIW had asked about it.

2) How did you meet your SO? Super cute. I was 15 going on 16, he just turned 17, and we met at a "teen club" (14-18 yr olds...embarrassing I know

20.gif
) It was fate though. I was supposed to be going with someone and they cancelled on me. Last minute, a girl I rarely hung out with called and said she was going and invited me. Likewise, he was going with someone, whose car broke down, so he didnt think he was going to go anymore. Another friend ended up offering to drive him. He said he saw me get out of the car, and hop past the whole line and go in (I knew the bouncer). All night, he was watching me, saying to his friend "i'm going to ask her to dance" and his friend kept saying "yeah right". So finally he did, and we ended up dancing all night. They played one slow song at the end, and we slow danced and he asked for my number. The rest is history!

3) How long have you and your SO been dating? 8 years, 8 months, and 20 days.....but whose counting???

25.gif

4) In 10 words or less, describe your dream e-ring. 2ct cushion (chucky, thick facets, not modified brilliant=crushed glass look) in a simple pave diamond setting in platinum (what I'm getting!!!!

36.gif
)

5) What is your favorite activity to do with your SO? having sex....har har har j/k! lol Cleaning the house, something sexy about a man doing housework lol

6) What is your ring finger size? 5.5

7) Do you and your SO have a song? If so, what is it? Yup, Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton. We dance in the middle of our living room all the time while he sings it to me. AWWW

30.gif

8) What's your favorite meal to make your SO (or vice versa)? I get home later than he does, so he is the one who cooks and has it ready for me when I get home. Although he does say I make the best peanut butter & jelly sandwich ever!

41.gif

9) If you could pick ONE PSer's ring to be 'inspired by,' who would it be? (Tell us about the ring too!) dont remember who's it is!!

10) If you combined your name with your SO's name, what would your 'team name' be? haha dunno

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
Ohhhh. Fun!!
36.gif

1) How did you find PS?
good old trusty GOOGLE.
At church. We went to the same church for almost 2 years before getting to know each other.
a little over two years
the keyword being dream - harry winston micropave with 1.5 ct RB center stone.
veg out and relax...watching re-runs of law & order svu and csi.
5.75-6
mmmm...nope.
we don''t cook much...we both still live at home so when we see each other, we opt to go out to eat. that''ll all change when we get married and live together.
oh my. there are so many inspirations on this site...but the two that stick out the most are:
kittybean - i loveeee the five stone look!
heb1976 & lesco - leon mege''s 811 adrianna is just to dieee for!!!

uhhhhhhhh. actually, if we combine our names you get...Jeter! hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results